• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiering Question.

When a character is in a tier, does that mean they can only be beaten by the same tier and above? Or can a few people from a tier or two lower possibly defeat a character?

I'll give an example, Goku and Vegeta vs. Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon is in tier Low 2-C with Goku being in 3-A and Vegeta in 3-B. Sailor Moon has the tier advantage over both, so does that mean an instant win for her?

Yes and no. Characters in higher tiers just have higher Attack potency, it doesn't track any of their other stats. Look at Haruhi for example, she has Multi-Universal abilities but otherwise human stats, so Street tier, or even humans IRL could theoretically defeat her. Their are also low tier characters who can defeat higher tiered ones with good hax, but I cannot think of one off the top of my head.

In Sailor Moons case, Universe level+ is infinitely above Universe level since it effects a higher dimension, so unless the 3-A character has the "hax" to put her down, she would basically instantly win.

Back