• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

tier upgrade Light novel tensura

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are just ignoring my point.

if you read the lastest scan i send. then the barrier breaking when it pass 200 second make sense that it has time limit
no, the scans you said literally said that it can only hold a rampaging velgrynd captive inside of insulated imprisonment for 200 seconds before she breaks out, no where is it said that it can only be maintained for 200 seconds, rather that it couldn't hold a rampaging velgrynd inside of it for 200 seconds before she can break out of it.

if you read the lastest scan i send. then the barrier breaking when it pass 200 second make sense that it has time limit
You just ignoring the scan, yknow?
«Even if Velgrynd goes wild, the ‘Insulation Prison’ can still be maintained for the remaining 200 seconds. However, worrying about that is unnecessary.»
Even if Velgrynd went on a violent rampage, the Insulated Imprisonment will hold for a total of two hundred more seconds

That's the point insulated imprisonment can only hold velgrynd for 200 seconds

NO big no, it says on the scan that thunderian put the infinite prison can only hold velgrind for 200 sec if she rampage? well did she rampage?? stop making false assumption omg

Last edited:
wdym
your arguments is wrong by using unlimited prison as time duration since its an entirely different skills. if you read the vol 15. then you'll know its the nature of ability to be weaken and easily break after 200 second
wdym natures
velgrynd was even more complex than veldora here's what you guys don't understand
ciel is a computing program it was due to Prediction that she calculated when the prison will be broken
spatial insulation+unlimited imprisonment makes it more broken not less
they use spatial insulation only to control that space
unlimited imprisonment had its "no time limit" and its infinite space capacity should what's your arguments

I don’t understand everyone’s confusion if you read what Peak wrote earlier then it should make sense why she wouldn’t scale to the Prison.
The reason is it’s a mistake by Yen press.

Here’s the statement from Yen Press about Velgrnd destroying the Prison.

eyes, her anger blew away all sense of reason. “My sweet little brother… How dare you…!!” She let out a raging roar. It was well past two hundred seconds, and that roar was enough to shatter the Insulated Imprisonment.

Everyone is interpreting this as Velgrnd scaling to it however as Peak said earlier in the thread the raws doesn’t say anything about the Roar that broke the prison which is what’s being used to make Velgrnd scale to it.

よくも…………私の可愛い弟を―ッ!!」

ヴェルグリンドが怒りの咆哮を上げた。

二百秒などとっくに経過しており、『断熱牢獄』が砕 け散る。
Translation:"How dare you... my cute little brother!!"

Velgrind let out an angry roar.

200 seconds had already passed, and the 『Insulated Prison』 shattered.
As you can see the 200 Seconds passed so it broke, not velgrnds Roar. Another mistake from Yen Press.

To address the question about that to use it goes MTL<OTL<RAWS.

The raws are supreme since it’s what the Author actually wrote and as there’s no Roar that broke the prison then Velgrnd can’t scale to it. “ 200 seconds had already passed, and the 『Insulated Prison』 shattered.” Meaning whether or not she tried tn get out it would still break in 200 seconds. The time limit is what made it break not velgrnd so her AP wouldn’t scale to it.

Now that that’s been cleared up Like I said yesterday I would suggest changing our focused from Velgrnd destroy 3a structure=Velgrnd and anyone comparable gets 3A AP since we can’t use that to Rimuru created (A different or stronger 3A structure) , has complete control over, and has and can significantly affect that 3A structure= Rimuru and anyone comparable gets 3A AP.

Last edited:
I don’t understand everyone’s confusion if you read what Peak wrote earlier then it should make sense why she wouldn’t scale to the Prison.
The reason is it’s a mistake by Yen press.

Here’s the statement from Yen Press about Velgrnd destroying the Prison.

Everyone is interpreting this as Velgrnd scaling to it however as Peak said earlier in the thread the raws doesn’t say anything about the Roar that broke the prison which is what’s being used to make Velgrnd scale to it.

you're ignoring scans aren't you
it said it can only hold her for 200 second not in 200 second it'll break lol wtf is even your guys argument here

As you can see the 200 Seconds passed so it broke, not velgrnds Roar. Another mistake from Yen Press.

The raws are supreme since it’s what the Author actually wrote and as there’s no Roar that broke the prison then Velgrnd can’t scale to it. “ 200 seconds had already passed, and the 『Insulated Prison』 shattered.” Meaning whether or not she tried tn get out it would still break in 200 seconds. The time limit is what made it break not velgrnd so her AP wouldn’t scale to it.

Now that that’s been cleared up Like I said yesterday I would suggest changing our focused from Velgrnd destroy 3a structure=Velgrnd and anyone comparable gets 3A AP since we can’t use that to Rimuru created (A different or stronger 3A structure) , has complete control over, and has and can significantly affect that 3A structure= Rimuru and anyone comparable gets 3A AP.

To make things Simpler I want to use Rimuru getting 3A and then chain scale.

This was a compound skill, combining the ultimate skill Uriel’s Unlimited Imprisonment with Spatial Insulation.
The Skill involves Unlimited Imprisonment which I belive has been accepted as 3A.
Ciel had crafted it just now, exclusively for use against Velgrynd, and now she was caught in it.
Ciel/Rimuru Created this skill which is Stronger or Equal to the others to contain Velgrnd meaning they can control that space.
he combat airspace had been fully computed by Ciel—the temperature, humidity, gravity, wind currents, sunlight, the pulses of every living thing within it. It was all in the palm of Ciel’s hand, and no matter what Velgrynd did, it’d be impossible for her to leave this airspace.
Ciel/Rimuru has complete control over this space and Ciel created this again and I believe this should Qualify for significantly affecting which again also gives AP. I believe this is a simpler way of Granting AP and Rimuru,Velgrnd, and others similar would scale to this as well.

Yeah, but you can't exactly take those two things apart, because the two scan is one context. Another part, Ciel said that the Prison was able to hold for 200 seconds even though Velgrynd was raging and after 200 seconds, the prison was destroyed. So, this said that Velgrynd was able to destroy the prison within 200 seconds of her rampage. Also, let's not forget she went completely rampage (went out of control) when Veldora was eaten and Rimuru became a True Dragon when the 200 seconds passed.
Even if Velgrynd went on a violent rampage, the Insulated Imprisonment will hold for a total of two hundred more seconds
And, you're using MTL on raw directly without looking at the context.

You need to know the whole context, not just the raw or translation.

So much forth and back arguments and my opinion is unchanged till now. The raw statements clearly said the prison shattered itself.

So much forth and back arguments and my opinion is unchanged till now. The raw statements clearly said the prison shattered itself.
Rimuru says that if Velgrynd rampages the insulated imprisonment will hold on for only 200 seconds .Which implies she has the power to destroy it within 200 seconds .This scan clearly supports H3-A

Then the roar thing happened .Even if she didn't destroy it with a roar ,The fact that insulated prison can't hold on for more than 200 seconds(Read the 1st part if you missed something) is still a fact .So why wouldn't she be H3-A .

Yeah the raw is better and all, but by translating the raw using DeepL or GoogleTL or any other site you changed it to MTL.

Yen press sucks it's really weird that the most important statement is the only one that doesn't have RAW in the OP lol they only decide to use YP when it's convenient, this topic really tires me, I have made several points and none have been debunked and instead ignored to restate this single fragile statement, I will not get involved in this thread anymore, I already left my disagreement
Ayo? Super based.

and that roar was enough to shatter the Insulated Imprisonment.
When i checked the raws, there's nothing that says "the roar shattered the insulated imprisonment"

It just said that 200 seconds has passed and the prison shattered

When i checked the raws, there's nothing that says "the roar shattered the insulated imprisonment"

It just said that 200 seconds has passed and the prison shattered
check what raws do you know Japanese
as far as am concerned we wait for OTL cuz it's the "best" translation directly from a novel company or whatever
either ways you're missing out the point why this is high 3-A
the Insulated Imprisonment can only hold velgrynd for 200 seconds which was said "even if she rampaged the Insulated Imprisonment can hold out for 200 seconds" and I quote "hold out" it's not a time limit but how long it can keep a being like velgrynd unlimited imprisonment seals the target for ALL OF TIME that was literally said Insulated Imprisonment didn't give it a time limit but gave ciel the control over that space you guys fail to see through this

Last edited:
It would be weirder for Ciel to limit the time of the cage to be 200 seconds. Like why? Would she want Rimuru to die?
she is a perfect Prediction system she calculated when it will break by velgrynd and she did
and I'll also like to even go for low 2-C velgrynd since her aura or something filled up a space time continuum

High 3A rimuru confirm
5B confirm for anyone on carerra's level and stronger

High 3a and 2C velgrynd still at debate. if it got accept
milim, veldora, velzard, guy, zelanus, dagrule?, ramiris? ivaraj, feldway, masayuki, chloe? will get H3A-2C

Actually I got a way to translate it. May I have raw? But fully? I mean the whole part?

Great better call some staff and let them decide .To make things easier for them I am summarising everything here :
First H-3A scans in order :
Scan 1:
Calculation of Velgrynd’s magicule count complete. After accounting for the subject’s nature and characteristics, I determined it is possible to encase the target in Insulated Imprisonment for several hundred seconds. Activating!
Before Velgrynd realized it, a layered magic circle had surrounded her.
This was a compound skill, combining the ultimate skill Uriel’s Unlimited Imprisonment with Spatial Insulation. Ciel had crafted it just now, exclusively for use against Velgrynd, and now she was caught in it.

Scan 2:
So thanks to an unexpected boon, Ciel was now more dependable than ever for me. But I couldn’t forget my objective. Before Velgrynd made another move, I needed to free Veldora’s mind. So how many seconds can we hold her back, exactly?
Even if Velgrynd went on a violent rampage, the Insulated Imprisonment will hold for a total of two hundred more seconds. I don’t think we need to worry about that, however.
Um, why not?
Even three minutes and change were something to be grateful for, but Velgrynd’s still a major threat. I can’t just ignore it that whole time…

Scan 3: She let out a raging roar. It was well past two hundred seconds, and that roar was enough to shatter the Insulated Imprisonment. The Flame Dragon was enraged, with no regard for her own self-preservation—and now she would unleash all her hostility upon Rimuru.

Reason why some people disagreed :
1.Breaks the consistent scaling chain of the verse according to them
2.Ignored OTL and used Google TL while we use OTL for every single Upgrade .
3.Says the prison had a time limit which is nowhere mentioned

So I assume this is the raw version?
「よくも…………私の可愛い弟を―ッ!!」

ヴェルグリンドが怒りの咆哮を上げた。

二百秒などとっくに経過しており、『断熱牢獄』が砕 け散る。
I now translated it myself with my own translation, and I got the same results as @Peak (I translated each phase)

Here are some significant parts:
断熱 – insulation
牢獄 – prison; jail
砕け散る- to be smashed up, shattered

So unless this is not raw version, then sure thing, you can share the other one. But I literally confirmed it with a person, and it nowhere said the word “roar” in the whole context. Now don't tell me “MTL”, show me the phrase in the context itself.

Em, as far as I see this thread, I don't see any reason why Velgrynd shouldn't be rated H3A, especially since there's plenty of evidence that Velgrynd is (at least) able to influence H3A structures such as infinite prison.

And I'm even more confused by the argument that infinite prison has a time limit, when so far it has even been shown at the beginning of the story where Veldora was sealed with Infinite Prison for a very long time. (And will keep Veldora locked up forever until he runs out of magicules)

It would make no sense if Ciel deliberately limited the time of the infinite prison or put up a barrier that could actually be destroyed easily by the true dragon. While here, Rimuru must fight Veldora as well.

So I agree with this upgrade.

Em, as far as I see this thread, I don't see any reason why Velgrynd shouldn't be rated H3A, especially since there's plenty of evidence that Velgrynd is (at least) able to influence H3A structures such as infinite prison.
He has never done this
And I'm even more confused by the argument that infinite prison has a time limit, when so far it has even been shown at the beginning of the story where Veldora was sealed with Infinite Prison for a very long time. (And will keep Veldora locked up forever until he runs out of magicules)
The whole raw text was talking about time limit

He has never done this
The whole raw text was talking about time limit
Wait, so your problem is the mention of insulated imprisonment which is not the same as infinite prison or because of the time limit?

So you just need proof that infinite prison doesn't have a time limit or proof that the barrier Velgrynd is locked in is infinite prison?

So I assume this is the raw version?

I now translated it myself with my own translation, and I got the same results as @Peak (I translated each phase)

Here are some significant parts:
断熱 – insulation
牢獄 – prison; jail
砕け散る- to be smashed up, shattered

So unless this is not raw version, then sure thing, you can share the other one. But I literally confirmed it with a person, and it nowhere said the word “roar” in the whole context. Now don't tell me “MTL”, show me the phrase in the context itself.
Blast this to hell .This is not the only proof for H3-A anyway .

"Even if Velgrynd went on a violent rampage, the Insulated Imprisonment will hold for a total of two hundred more seconds. I don’t think we need to worry about that, however.
Um, why not?
Even three minutes and change were something to be grateful for, but Velgrynd’s still a major threat. I can’t just ignore it that whole time…"

Everyone who disagreed straight up ignored this or brought up Time limit (which is nowhere to be found ) .Ciel predicted that Velgrynd can destroy the prison within 200 seconds

Even if he did. He never did. I never ignore it. He has never done it. So why this assumption?

Also, infinite prison has nothing to do with its size. It is more eternal (staying at prison forever) than it is, talking about the size.

Even if he did. He never did. I never ignore it. He has never done it. So why this assumption?
Its relevant because even tho it wasnt mentioned that velgrynd shattered the insulated imprisonment, its implied that way, in the context when ciel predicts velgrynd while rampaging will be held out in the insulated imprisonment for 200 seconds,

and we can see that velgrynd is angry here, and rampaging.
context is key and i think its very heavily implied that velgrynd rampaged for 200 seconds inside of the insulated imprisonment and shattered it after 200 seconds, which is according to ciel's calculation.
so i have reason to belief she did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back