• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier upgrade for Geralt (Netflix)

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
This was something I noticed recently while re-watching the show.

In this scene, a terrified man describes in detail a creature called a "Selkiemore" (which, surprisingly, seems to be unique to the Netflix series and doesn't appear anywhere else). He describes several feats that the selkiemore accomplished, including:

- Swallowing a village, not leaving "a single bone to be found"

- Having a mouth large enough to take down an entire ship

- Bursting out of the ice to swallow Geralt whole

Soon after, Geralt walks into the tavern, covered in the Selkiemore's guts, revealing that after he was swallowed he proceeded to rip his way out from the inside.

Now, assuming these statements are accurate, this would make for a pretty damn good upgrade. There are obvious rebuttals to some of them, though; it's unknown if he "swallowed the entire village at once" or just "swallowed each individual person". The context implies the first, but it's not confirmed. It's also notable that he was still in a panic about the situation, so the second statement is potentially hyperbolic. Even so, we can make this work.

The creature being large enough to swallow Geralt is 100% correct, as shown in the scene. On top of that, it is explicitly described that it was large enough to swallow him whole, without chewing, yet it is also described as having a mouth filled with teeth. Via size alone, the Selkiemore would almost certainly be 9-A.

If we take the statement of it being "large enough to swallow an entire ship" as valid, then it would probably even peek into 8-C.

And if we take the statement of it swallowing a village as valid, it would be far higher, but by an unknown amount.

My suggestion, under the current feats, is that Geralt should be changed to "At least 9-B, likely 9-A, possibly higher".

and if this is valid, it means that there's yet another depiction of Geralt that's at least potentially stronger than the canon version kek

I dunno about this one

I mean, yes, something that can at least swallow Geralt + those statements are enough to put him at 9-A via size, but Geralt says when he enters the tavern that he had to kill it in inside, kinda making him unable to kill it via normal means

However, maybe he had to kill from inside because...it swallowed him

Considering this, we can say that he's likely comparable to this monster, but there are other possibilities, so "At least 9-B, likely 9-A" seems to be a fair bet

Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe "At least 9-B, likely 9-A, possibly higher" in mind with the other statements? Since destroying a ship or swallowing a village would both surely be in tier 8, but just without enough context for either. So would "possibly higher" be good for that?

Well, considering the feats yeah, sure

9-B for fighting Strigas who can tear a human apart and one shot other Witcher and take direct hits from Aard, which destroyed a Wall

9-A for fighting something bigger enough to swallow him, considering that he managed to fight by normal means

Possibly Higher considering a short timeframe for the other feats while also considering fight by normal means

Sounds good. I've changed the OP.

Yeah, I'm currently hoping to get some things through before making Yennefer's profile (who is very interesting in terms of feats).

I completely disagree with this.

The guy clearly states that Geralt was standing on the middle of the frozen lake waiting for him to be swallowed whole, and when Geralt comes back he explains that he had to kill him from the inside.

There is literally nowhere you can get the 9-A from. Neither for AP, because he had to kill him from the inside, and neither for durability, because he never tanked a hit from the Selkiemore in the first place.

The statement that he "had to kill him from the inside" doesn't have enough context to simply say "his AP wasn't good enough to kill him from the outside". It'd be just as reasonable of an assumption to say that it had to do with Geralt being unable to even attack the Selkiemore if it was under the ice. Or that the Selkiemore would attempt to get away if Geralt attacked. Or frankly a lot of things. It's not being used as a definitive rating; due to the statement making it a possibility that he's not got the AP. But there are plenty of other perfectly valid explanations for that statement.

The 9-A is completely based on conjecture with zero evidence. You're just assuming, based on nothing, that Geralt can match the Selkiemore's AP when the show explicitly tells us that's not the case.

There is nowhere you can get the 9-A from. The fight went like this, as how it was told to us in the show.

>Geralt was standing on the ice

>Selkiemore comes out beneath him and swallows him whole

>Geralt kills the Selkiemore from the inside

There is no scaling here to get the 9-A. Giving him 9-A based on "he could possibly, maybe, perhaps, potentially" is not how this site operates I'm afraid. Not to mention he has plenty of anti feats for this anyway.

That guy only said that Geralt was on the ice waiting for that monster, not that his plan was to be swallowed in order to kill it at the very beggining

The Possibly/Likely 9-A is there for the very fact that we know it isn't 100% clear, if Geralt fought this thing or if he was swallowed without a fight

The statement "I had to kill it from the inside" can mean many things

> He knew that he wouldn't be able to defeat the beast by normal means

> He simply was swallowed at one point and then was without options

And of course we work with "Possibly", it's literally a thing in many profiles

Except that's quite literally not what actually happened.

"He stood in the middle of that frozen lake, like he knew it was coming for him. The ice cracked open and the Selkiemore shot out, oh you've never seen one, but it would take down a ship with it's carnivores mouth, full of devil teeth. And it swallowed that Witcher whole."
And when Geralt comes back, he explicitly states

"Had to get it from the inside."
I'm sorry but this wiki doesn't give ratings based on headcanon. Unless you provide actual evidence that he went toe-to-toe with the Selkiemore, there is no basis, at all, for the 9-A rating, not even a "possibly".

On top of what Dante said, we actually do know it's capable of cleaving through the Selkiemore's durability; since he had to carve his way out of it physically in order to get out.

Yes. He was covered in guts, because he was inside of the Selkiemore, because he was killing it, from the inside.

Back