• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
All Solaris had was hax that stood a threat against the super hedgehogs.
Just because you are as powerful or more, doesn't mean you can always bypass hax.

(I originally deleted the message I sent since it had no relation to this thread)

Solaris' powers confuse me a lot mostly due to 06's writing, he is said to be omnipresent throughout time yet they state in game they need to go to three different periods of time ("the past, present and future")
they never said that they need to go to only three time periods, but that they need to go to the pressent past and future, aka the whole time stream to defeat him

to stop him, and even then Solaris actually wasn't defeated since he survived. Obviously Super forms aren't in every time period at once so I just go by what one of my friends said where Solaris' space is a nexus of converging timelines and stuff.
that is temporal area of effect and causality manipulation with immeasurable speed, that was what was accepted

Anyway I'd rather just talk about the Sonic cosmology instead of a thread that has no point in being brought up before.
yeah i completely agree with you on this note

I mean, I made a post once between two options, one was if sonic was more wanked or was he more downplayed, 84% of that was that sonic was more wanked, the other 16% was that he was very downplayed.
Those who voted for the downplaye were people who knew a lot about the verse, and those who voted for the wank were people who were trying to debunk the sonic verse.
I'm not really trying to downplay Sonic, I just think harassing Ian and doing wanks based on information that's clearly meant to be hyperbole is stupid.

I'm not really trying to downplay Sonic, I just think harassing Ian and doing wanks based on information that's clearly meant to be hyperbole is stupid.
Nobody is harassing Ian, I don't know where you're getting this.
If Ian doesn't consent to these questions he would've told the asker to stop. He had been direct before about the rules for asking questions.

Hyperbole? Dude, what?

Nobody is harassing Ian, I don't know where you're getting this.
If Ian doesn't consent to these questions he would've told the asker to stop. He had been direct before about the rules for asking questions.

Hyperbole? Dude, what?
I'm not talking about the questions he answers, I'm talking about in general when it comes to social media. People shouldn't take Ian as an idiot and he loves answering Sonic related questions he's a big geek when it comes to these.

People shouldn't harass a writer over something that means absolutely nothing.

I'm not talking about the questions he answers, I'm talking about in general when it comes to social media. Ian's obviously not a moron and loves answering Sonic related questions he's a big geek when it comes to these.

Really?
Cause I only one group of people that have a hate boner for him
Otherwise, it's just criticism for his flawed writing.

Yes of course, then why does he answer questions about even more random things that have no less to do with it? I mean, other questions have nothing to do with sonic's lore, things like cosmology, or what sonic is like, or history, etc. . They have to do with sonic's story and lore. also the might of geburah or similar people are not ''arrasing'' ian, because ian gets more responses from anything other than powerscaling,actually there is more people arrasing ian about things outside of powerscaling

Well Ian Flynn did agree the concepts of higher dimensions exists in Sonic and agreed the space Eggman created in IDW is Infinite Dimensional.
Solaris being higher/super dimensional, Eggmen planning to use egg Salamander to create an Eggmanland that is higher/super as well helps. There's a lot more from the games, we just have more official hints and statements.

So recently a revelation occurred to us.

There’s this video:

Time being one dimension of reality within the endless possibilities as well as anything being possible.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/664653902742028300/1086018252578226176/IMG_5374.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/664653902742028300/1086018253014454363/IMG_5375.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/664653902742028300/1086018253442269214/IMG_5376.png

Chaos have infinite/unlimited/limitless possibilities
“A life form shrouded in mystery. It has unlimited possibilities, and its growth changes depending on how you interact with it.”

Ian Flynn has even went on the Bumblekast to say that Sonic’s multiverse has endless possibilities prior to this in a few of his Bumblekasts

10:29 of https://www.youtube.com/live/94-T1huUMDA?feature=share

even agreeing to Sonic’s world being compatible with Modal Realism

Modal realism is the view propounded by philosopher David Lewis that all possible worlds are real in the same way as is the actual world: they are "of a kind with this world of ours." (Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_realism)

So at the bare minimum Sonic’s cosmology is possibly 2-A with endless possibilities existing but even dimensions of reality are possibilities (such as Time) meaning there can be infinite dimensions as well.

And for potential proof of Higher Dimensions in Sonic there’s a Bumblekast of Ian Flynn agreeing with the concepts of higher dimensions existing in Sonic’s world

24:57 of https://www.youtube.com/live/94-T1huUMDA?feature=share

Tails also confirmed that the Time Eater affected all of SpaceTime

SpaceTime being the qualities of Space (which has infinite possibilities and potentially infinite dimensions) and Time makes Time Eater and Solaris potentially 2-A.

Next

Ian Flynn confirmed the space Eggman created in IDW is Infinite Dimensional he said “sure” (sure means yes) at

Ian Flynn confirms The Laws of Physics can create the Space Eggman made in IDW

https://youtu.be/sjt7dd4h5EU

Duncan Rouleau (someone working on Sonic Prime) thinks Sonic’s world is a mix of fantasy, sci-fi, action and adventure.

https://twitter.com/rouleau1/status/1636148270262259712?s=46&t=HPmY-3xMWQpbU1mccveY_A

So basically Sonic’s world can be considered Possibly 2-A to Possibly High 1-B and Time Eater and Solaris can be considered at least 2-A for threatening all of SpaceTime.

Lastly

Adimensional/Beyond Dimensional Existence

Ian Flynn also confirms that the White Space in Sonic Generations is an Aspatial and Atemporal realm as well as confirms Time Eater can function without the concepts of time and space.

Ian Flynn also confirms that Time Eater and Solaris are unaffected by the concepts of time and space and can even bend them as time based beings at here

(Now that I think about about it shouldn’t Illumina also get upgraded to at least possibly 2-A? endless possibilities means endless dreams which would be 2-A)

I think this is cool and all but a mere possibility may need more to back it up. Especially hesitant to buy it immediately.

Ian Flynn also confirms that Time Eater and Solaris are unaffected by the concepts of time and space and can even bend them as time based beings at here
I... cannot take this seriously whatsoever

"Is Solaris and Time Eater unaffected by the concepts of space and time? They can seemingly erase them and aren't phased by their destruction."
"Yeah, they're time-based entities so they seem beyond the normal flow of things"
"Yeah, I mean be like if a fish was a waterbender"
"Yeah, something like that"

I... cannot take this seriously whatsoever

"Is Solaris and Time Eater unaffected by the concepts of space and time? They can seemingly erase them and aren't phased by their destruction."
"Yeah, they're time-based entities so they seem beyond the normal flow of things"
"Yeah, I mean be like if a fish was a waterbender"
"Yeah, something like that"

I mean, he didn't lie

Actually he did, he implies Solaris and Time Eater manipulates the concepts as if they were bending it like Avatar.
Yeah... no. They only ever say "time" when answering the question. They never mention concepts. Also
"Sure, that can work."
"eh, I don't know."
is not them saying "yeah, that's completely 100% accurate". That is as blatantly "sure whatever you say" as it gets.

Yeah... no. They only ever say "time" when answering the question. They never mention concepts. Also

is not them saying "yeah, that's completely 100% accurate". That is as blatantly "sure whatever you say" as it gets.
Yeah Time referring to the concept of it.

Saying “sure that can work” is not the same as “whatever you say.” One is saying yes the other is being ambiguous as to avoid answering the question.

He... They don't even understand the question. And that's ignoring the "I don't know" answer

I don't mean to sound rude, but how are you genuinely taking these answers seriously
He understood the question.

Because he’s saying yes, sure, possibly and the like positive affirmations.

Saying “sure that can work” is not the same as “whatever you say.” One is saying yes the other is being ambiguous as to avoid answering the question.
He wasn't avoiding answering the question. He very clearly either did not know or did not care. Same with the fact he GROANS IN ANNOYANCE when the infinite dimensions question is brought up in your other link

And yes "Sure that can work" is very much "whatever you say"

He understood the question.

Because he’s saying yes, sure, possibly and the like positive affirmations.
1, he had to reread the question several times to understand what was being asked
2, the literal only answer given is a confused "sure" and "I guess"
3, they had to stop for a moment because one of the two was groaning in frustration and laughing at the situation

That is not confirming anything. That is two creators being tired of getting asked the most insane bullshit people can come up with and just saying whatever can get those people off their backs

So this thread is kinda pointless since there is the other 2-A thread and this tier 1 ain't gonna be accepted anytime soon.

He wasn't avoiding answering the question. He very clearly either did not know or did not care. Same with the fact he GROANS IN ANNOYANCE when the infinite dimensions question is brought up in your other link

And yes "Sure that can work" is very much "whatever you say"
Why don’t you go ask him if he cares or not since you’re affirming this?

Do you not know the definition of “sure?”

1 · firmly established : steadfast ; 2 · reliable, trustworthy ; 3 · having no doubt : confident ; 4 · not to be doubted : certain ; 5 · bound to happen : inevitable.

confident in what one thinks or knows; having no doubt that one is right.
"I'm sure I've seen that dress before"

Similar:
certain

positive

convinced

definite

confident

decided

assured

secure

satisfied

persuaded

easy in one's mind

free from doubt

unhesitating

unwavering

unfaltering

unvacillating

unshakeable

unshaken

Opposite:
unsure

uncertain

doubtful

• adverb
    INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
    1. certainly (used for emphasis).
      And as an answer Sure means Yes
      “Sure is an informal way of saying `yes' or `all right.”

1, he had to reread the question several times to understand what was being asked
2, the literal only answer given is a confused "sure" and "I guess"
3, they had to stop for a moment because one of the two was groaning in frustration and laughing at the situation

That is not confirming anything. That is two creators being tired of getting asked the most insane bullshit people can come up with and just saying whatever can get those people off their backs
That was Kyle rereading the question because he didn’t read it correctly nor completely, Ian said sure which is an informal way of saying yes.
He said sure, that’s a yes. No they weren’t.

You’re now playing into a character game. Ian has the choice to say yes or no and he says yes in the form of “sure” there’s nothing more to it. Ian Flynn has trolled powerscalers too so if he didn’t want to answer he has his methods of dancing around it.

Ian said sure which is an informal way of saying yes.
He said sure, that’s a yes.
He said yes is a VERY CLEARLY confused tone of voice. Not to mention, AGAIN, he literally stops to groan about the question, proving he doesn't take his answer seriously.
You’re now playing into a character game. Ian has the choice to say yes or no and he says yes in the form of “sure”
Sure is VERY often used when people don't mean things but say yes for the sake of sounding nice.

This isn't playing a character game. The VERY clear tone of voice, both in confusion and frustration in answering the question proves he is not saying the sure with 100% certainty. This is BAREBONES level psychology.
there’s nothing more to it. Ian Flynn has trolled powerscalers to if he didn’t want to answer he has his methods of dancing around it.
What, like spending 20 seconds groaning and laughing at the question?
It doesn’t matter what the tone is. The definition of sure is certainly and yes I just showed you. Stop dancing around that fact.
Since you're being so picky about definitions, how about we look at a couple definitions that actually take into account modern use and tone of voice, alright?

I know Urban dictionary isn't a proper dictionary, but it actually takes into account slang, so...
The response you give when you don't 100% want to say "Yes" but also don't want to say "No". "Sure" is the answer you use when on the fence about something, but is not an acceptable response to Y/N questions.
the quickest way to answer a question when not paying attention that usually doesn't include any thinking what so ever. also used in a very sarcastic way.
In modern language, "sure" is a passive-aggressive answer. Yes, it is affirmative, but it's affirmative in the LEAST affirmative way.

And it is an absolute joke that THIS is the hill you're trying to die on.

Kyle read over the question two separate times

He said yes is a VERY CLEARLY confused tone of voice. Not to mention, AGAIN, he literally stops to groan about the question, proving he doesn't take his answer seriously.

Sure is VERY often used when people don't mean things but say yes for the sake of sounding nice.

This isn't playing a character game. The VERY clear tone of voice, both in confusion and frustration in answering the question proves he is not saying the sure with 100% certainty. This is BAREBONES level psychology.

What, like spending 20 seconds groaning and laughing at the question?

Since you're being so picky about definitions, how about we look at a couple definitions that actually take into account modern use and tone of voice, alright?

I know Urban dictionary isn't a proper dictionary, but it actually takes into account slang, so...

In modern language, "sure" is a passive-aggressive answer. Yes, it is affirmative, but it's affirmative in the LEAST affirmative way.

And it is an absolute joke that THIS is the hill you're trying to die on.
Yeah because he didn’t read it correctly and he only read different parts of it not the whole thing.

Or he could’ve been thinking about what to say, he has said no to powerscaling questions before so the argument you’re running on isn’t that good.

Sure is not used in that way at all, not even in unofficial dictionaries.

There was no frustration, he said sure in a certain tone and then said yes outright. You know? Your argument would have more weight if he did the “groan” before answering the question but because he didn’t it just looks like you’re pulling straws to try to invalidate the answer.

I’m not being picky I sourced multiple definitions of sure from official dictionaries.

It means yes.

Holy **** you do want to die on this hill...

He did not say sure with confidence. And he says yes with just as much confusion.

If you want to continue being like this, then sure. Do whatever. But I'm not wasting any more time on this

Holy **** you do want to die on this hill...

He did not say sure with confidence. And he says yes with just as much confusion.

If you want to continue being like this, then sure. Do whatever. But I'm not wasting any more time on this
He says yes with no extras attached to it at all.

Back