• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 6-B Tournament of Heroes and Villains: Thundurus vs Kayn (Rhaast)

IDK how Thundurus's behaviour is portrayed in other media, but just in case, I feel it may help this match to clarify how the Pokedex describes Thundurus &/or its behaviour.

BlackCountless charred remains mar the landscape of places through which Thundurus has passed.
WhiteThe spikes on its tail discharge immense bolts of lightning. It flies around the Unova region firing off lightning bolts.
Black 2
White 2
As it flies around, it shoots lightning all over the place and causes forest fires. It is therefore disliked.
Legends: ArceusThey say this wielder of electricity has waged war with its nemesis, Tornadus, since time immemorial. The lightning bolts it hurls pierce the very earth and enrich the soil.
Legends: ArceusQuick as a flash, it materializes out of nowhere. It pulverizes foes into nothingness with showers of devastatingly powerful lightning bolts launched from the string of orbs on its tail.

This seems to indicate Thundurus's in-character is to spam Electricity Manipulation, bolts of lightning especially.

I'm gonna go over the Electric-type moves Thundurus can use & see which qualify as being like that.

Thunder Shock:
A jolt of electricity crashes down on the target to inflict damage. This may also leave the target with paralysis.

Volt Switch:
After making its attack, the user rushes back to switch places with a party Pokémon in waiting.

Emolga puts its arms together in front of it and a yellow orb of electricity appears in front of it. It then opens its arms and fires the orb of electricity at the opponent. When the orb hits the opponent, the opponent's body becomes surrounded by yellow electricity; or, Emolga raises its arm into the air and a yellow orb of electricity with yellow electricity around it forms above it. It then hits the opponent with it, causing a flash of bright light. Then, Emolga rushes past a nearby Trainer and another Pokémon comes out of its Poké Ball and onto the battlefield. Sometimes, Emolga can choose not to send out another Pokémon when the attack is used.

Zebstrika shoots a bolt of electricity out of its hooves. It then switches with a teammate.

Emolga throws a ball of electricity at the opponent. It then switches with a teammate.

Shock Wave:
The user strikes the target with a quick jolt of electricity. This attack never misses.

Discharge:
The user strikes everything around it by letting loose a flare of electricity. This may also cause paralysis.

Thunder:
A wicked thunderbolt is dropped on the target to inflict damage. This may also leave the target with paralysis.

Spark:
The user throws an electrically charged tackle at the target. This may also leave the target with paralysis.

Wildbolt Storm:
The user summons a thunderous tempest and savagely attacks with lightning and wind. This may also leave the target with paralysis.

(Wildbolt Storm is Thundurus's signature move in Legends: Arceus. Unsure how it's used there.)

Probably not all of the moves, but hopefully this helps.

I never knew my first main champion in the league (4 years ago) is being challenged here, hehe

Mhm, Kayn's profile is not updated yet, so I am unsure if I am allowed to debate on the abilities that are not presented there, but going from @WeeklyBattles profile he is planning, Kayn is here winning. So add my vote. Also, immortality type 5 :)

I never knew my first main champion in the league (4 years ago) is being challenged here, hehe

Mhm, Kayn's profile is not updated yet, so I am unsure if I am allowed to debate on the abilities that are not presented there, but going from @WeeklyBattles profile he is planning, Kayn is here winning. So add my vote. Also, immortality type 5 :)
Thanks I'll probably contact you for his 3 remaining matches whenever they come.

Imaginym has provided all the abilities for the character, none seem to work, there is 24 hours time period if he has some other credible argument he can post.
But so far 3 points for Kayn

Imaginym has provided all the abilities for the character, none seem to work, there is 24 hours time period if he has some other credible argument he can post.
But so far 3 points for Kayn
That is NOT all the abilities Thundurus has, just behaviour indicated by Pokedex entries & Electric-type moves that likely align with the type of behaviour Thundurus has ascribed to it.

They're arguably the more relevant ones if you don't give Thundurus bloodlust/prior knowledge, but still.

Ex: In theory, Thundurus could use Extrasensory (It gets it via Level Up in Legends: Arceus.) if the issue is the foe being underground. I think.
Haven't checked how Extrasensory is portrayed as working.

That is NOT all the abilities Thundurus has, just behaviour indicated by Pokedex entries & Electric-type moves that likely align with the type of behaviour Thundurus has ascribed to it.

They're arguably the more relevant ones if you don't give Thundurus bloodlust/prior knowledge, but still.

Ex: In theory, Thundurus could use Extrasensory (It gets it via Level Up in Legends: Arceus.) if the issue is the foe being underground. I think.
Haven't checked how Extrasensory is portrayed as working.
Less underground, his shadow walking is almost identical to how Shadow Force works

So basically, we are now in grace? LET's GO of victory for my chad Kayn hehe

not really, I'm just wondering about things

also, I wonder if his opponent disarm it, can it like go back to the holder?
Depends on how the host is disarmed, if the arm of the host holding the scythe is severed it will just reattach it but if the scyhe is BFRed then there is not much the host can do and would likely be destroyed eventually as they are missing their main weapon.
How does Rhaast immortality type 6 works
Rhaast is the scythe itself (which has the inmortality type 5 and 6), so when his host is destroyed he just needs to get another one, which is usually a dumbass human thinking they can overpower a Darkin lol.

In a versus battle setting this can't really happen so destroying the host is enough to defeat Rhaast.

Back