• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Little Mac vs Rachel Lindt

Quarter Final 2:

Rules
:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 6 meters.
Results:
Rachel Lindt:
Little Mac:
Inconclusive: 2 (Apeir, Demonic)

Congratulations to Peppersalt and Psychomaster for making it to the Quarter final, Good luck for this fight.

Psychomaster35 vs Peppersalt

fpFCB0g.png

Last edited:
OK I'll start

Mac if I recall is particularly experienced with fighting giant opponents in a cramped ring so at least he's not completely helpless

Problem is unlike Licorne, he doesn't really any way to effectively subdue or take Rachel hostage. He's not a grappler and he has no sharp weapons meaning it's very likely for her to simply just get up on one of her dogs to avoid combat.

This just means he has to fight those 2 van-sized dogs attacking from both directions which will force him to dodge more that are slowly growing more powerful or fast (And seeing Mac dodge a lot would mean she'd probably amp their speed instead)

Now watch as @Psychomaster35 creates an elaborate scenario that somehow always results in his character winning no matter what

Should also note that even if Rachel starts getting punched a bit, her spider silk costume/armor provided by Taylor can withstand shotgun blasts from Mannequin, and said shotgun blasted a hole in the chest of one of the transformed dogs. So even if Mac got in close, Rachel's not going down that easily, which would then leave time for her dogs to quickly get Mac off of her

Now watch as @Psychomaster35 creates an elaborate scenario that somehow always results in his character winning no matter what
ah yes my favorite kind of debates, where somehow everyone is convinced of a hyper specific scenario being the exact way things will happen, and thus vote accordingly despite the fact it's so ultra specific to make the one character win

Being at an AP disadvantage here is nothing new for Mac, and dogs that bum rush are playing right into what Mac does, which is dodge his opponent and hit their weak spots, in the case of a dog, assuming it still has relevant areas, Mac can punch them each couple times in the throat to take them out for a time, while their speed advantage could theoretically help with this, Mac is no slouch when taking hits especially since they can hardly reach their top KE in this kind of arena, and from there it's get close to Rachel and sock her lights out assuming her costume doesn't cover her head

If a dog gets hold of Mac and clamps down, Mac can't actually escape except by punching it and hoping it lets go, which isn't super reliable. He just doesn't have the LS to overpower the dogs in that scenario. They could even theoretically just tackle him/do whatever to get on top of him and he can't lift them off

If a dog gets hold of Mac and clamps down, Mac can't actually escape except by punching it and hoping it lets go, which isn't super reliable. He just doesn't have the LS to overpower the dogs in that scenario. They could even theoretically just tackle him/do whatever to get on top of him and he can't lift them off
Implying he'd LET them do that when their speed rating is only movement speed which they need time to get to from what I'm seeing, all he needs to do is beat Rachel to win, which he can do with one solid punch to the head, especially seeing as the dogs, in this kind of arena, are at a disadvantage unless they're way more flexible than a normal dog. And since the "lifting strength" is for a 9-A how does that possibly apply to her other dogs again?

all he needs to do is beat Rachel to win, which he can do with one solid punch to the head, especially seeing as the dogs, in this kind of arena, are at a disadvantage unless they're way more flexible than a normal dog.
"Even without Rachel holding the transformation, it takes a whole 15 mins for it to wear off. So even if he does knock her out, that's 15 whole minutes of dealing with murderous angry dogs"

"Even without Rachel holding the transformation, it takes a whole 15 mins for it to wear off. So even if he does knock her out, that's 15 whole minutes of dealing with murderous angry dogs"
Doesn't matter in these kinds of matches involving summoners, cause if the summoner is beaten they lost the match. Active summons/minions or not

Also seeing as Mac is 114 Kilojoules and upscales from that quite a bit, one punch to the head from him would outright kill Rachel unless her suit covers her head.

Implying he'd LET them do that when their speed rating is only movement speed which they need time to get to from what I'm seeing, all he needs to do is beat Rachel to win, which he can do with one solid punch to the head, especially seeing as the dogs, in this kind of arena, are at a disadvantage unless they're way more flexible than a normal dog. And since the "lifting strength" is for a 9-A how does that possibly apply to her other dogs again?
They have reaction speed feats as well, it's not only movement speed, they're at least superhuman across the board. Their lifting strength doesn't even matter as much, the dogs would just straight up be too heavy at a certain point

They have reaction speed feats as well, it's not only movement speed, they're at least superhuman across the board. Their lifting strength doesn't even matter as much, the dogs would just straight up be too heavy at a certain point
Then why aren't those on the profile is a good question, besides the profile sucking donkey dick, plus this still assumes Litte Mac will let himself be tackled

Gonna go out on a limb and say 99% of people who get tackled or assaulted in any way don't actively let their assaulter do so. Idk why that's supposed to be an argument. They'll get a speed advantage and will quickly take up a good chunk of the ring, meaning less places to run and dodge

Doesn't matter in these kinds of matches involving summoners, cause if the summoner is beaten they lost the match. Active summons/minions or not
Wait what? We used the logic you quoted to eliminate one of the last wincons Licorne has left standing

ah well

Mac is screwed if the dogs get to him, but Rachel is screwed if Mac gets to her, though honestly from what I heard in the Licorne thread the former seems more likely than the latter

Leaning Rachel but will wait for arguments from PsychoMaster

Dogs need time to get up to top speed, and this is a VERY shitty arena to let them do so, also, Mac tends to dodge God his opponents, so there's that too.

Also why was a character who has a lot of advantages in speed equal to the point of stupidity allowed Into the tournament? Literally no other character in the entire tournament has those kinds of advantages, I shoulda submitted John Wick if that kinda fuckery would be allowed.
Wait what? We used the logic you quoted to eliminate one of the last wincons Licorne has left standing

ah well
I have no idea who that is, but yeah, in terms of summoner/minion user Battles I can recall an Oryx match against Digimon ending that way.

have no idea who that is
Person Rachel beat to get here, one of the arguments was he could hold Rachel hostage, but I was told that Rachel’s dogs would still have their transformation, so any strategy that did not result in the dogs being dead or incaped was not viable

Pretty sure i've heard that even if the summoner is killed, if the minions/summons can still kill the attacker afterwards, it's an incon

Also why was a character who has a lot of advantages in speed equal to the point of stupidity allowed Into the tournament?
I found this very worrying too and debated it in the Licorne v Rachel thread but nobody seemed to agree with me, there were talks of tagging 80MPH characters until I pointed out that put the dog’s KE based AP out of the tournaments range, and then people started backtracking to as low as 40-55 MPH

Yes obviously at this point it’s too late to debate stuff as legitimacy, I’m just briefly venting my frustrations and clarifying to Reaper about the situation regarding the speed and it’s allowance

I found this very worrying too and debated it in the Licorne v Rachel thread but nobody seemed to agree with me, there were talks of tagging 80MPH characters until I pointed out that put the dog’s KE based AP out of the tournaments range, and then people started backtracking to as low as 40-55 MPH
Depends on the type of car they kept up with and if it was driving top speed or not, cause average speed is in the 40-55 MPH range, but if it was top speed, breaking 100 MPH is apsolutely not uncommon

I assumed “faster than any car on the road” did not mean “around the average driving speed you would see in a city” tbh but oh well

Listen man, if the tournament people wanna get rid of Rachel, that's their decision. Im' just debating the character put in front me
This means it goes to you, oh knowledgeable one, what was the context behind the car feat and what kind of car was it?
I assumed “faster than any car on the road” did not mean “around the average driving speed you would see in a city” tbh but oh well
ANY car on the road? These dogs scale above 270.49 MPH for the fastest car in the world if we take it 100% literally

Thing is is that it's being said by a character who lives in the city. There's always context. And besides, calcs take lowballs like that all the time

Yeah but my point was they were arguing speed levels way above what the AP limit allowed until they realised that and backtracked, it reeks of a value that changes dependent on what suits the character’s chances of winning, it was faster than any car on the road and tagging 80MPH characters to prove a clear superiority in speed, and then magically dropped by nearly 50% to avoid being disqualified

Thing is is that we just have:
1) The statement itself
2) The fact it was said by a character who lives in the city

So could they get up to those upper end highway speeds? Probably. But the calc person decided to lowball and use 40 mph for said calc, as most calcs tend to be lowballed. That one is entirely out of my hands

Alright how do we solve this then pepper is offline in case he wants to switch character let that happen and continue debating here, cause I might get offline

Alright how do we solve this then pepper is offline in case he wants to switch character let that happen and continue debating here, cause I might get offline
We are too late in the tournament to switch characters, it's either let them stay in or kick em out, cause you'd have to redo every match that got Rachel up to this point

Idk what the situation is on DQ’s here, and I suspect Pepper will violently oppose it if it’s properly proposed as they tried to argue for a character with a durability negating sword to stay, but would it not be fair to pit a replacement character, if they come to be, against Licorne in round 1 again first?

We are too late in the tournament to switch characters, it's either let them stay in or kick em out, cause you'd have to redo every match that got Rachel up to this point
Yes, switching characters at this stage is very problematic

Rematch are not going to take place as rules of the tourney says but Yeah seems like Rachel stays, continue on.

Back