• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 8-C: Monsters In My Head Tournament (2022): Pichu vs Dust

Group B:
Round 2:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Combatants will be fighting in on a part of Galvan B planet, where there is a massive Teleporter Pod it’s best to stay away and avoid cause if you or your enemy touches that thing it’s gonna result in you getting BFR’d and the enemy will win so best to avoid it. All people will fight in this rocky mountain where there is -85°C temperature with cold. Both of these fighting combat areas are 50 km wide.
  • Distance: Fighting distance 20 meters
WeeklyBattles vs Kazuma Kawabara

Results:
Pichu:
Dust:
Inconclusive:

1WeGvU8.png
Vs
E4K4GlU.png

Hi Acerrus0x you long time know see, I heard you started...... you know what nevermind I'm not gonna say the rest.

I mean idk if we consider it game mechanics but Pichu survive being frozen solid
Ik and we're gonna get it accepted as a resistance but currently he doesn't have it and even if he can survive being temporarily frozen he is not gonna live through prolonged hypothermia and neithee will Dust who has no res

Ignoring the Battlefield

What can Dust do against Heat superior to his resistance, paralysis, confusion and sleep effects

He obviously would destroy Pichu in close combat (Unless we bring Machop skill) but one paralysis and he is not touching Pichu anymore

AOE not equals to skill ?
if you are skilled enough you can dodge right.
Unless you are a skill god that can Dodge 500000 lásers somehow, AoE beats skill

He can also parry if anything but I dont remember the Game if parrying makes you invencible to attacks from the back or things like that

AOE not equals to skill ?
if you are skilled enough you can dodge right.
i mean lemme ask you this - how are you going to dodge a giant tsunami with karate? Same here, how are you going to dodge multiple lightning bolts going in all directions

I used dodge tsunami back in the day by using my fight ability....
Anyways less about me and more about this match
I donno about Dust tho maybe he has a wincon to stop this from happening.
🤷

Dust does have the range advantage with certain moves, though Pichu is stronger and more durable and could potentially paralyze Dust, though Dust is more skilled.

Alrighty lets see...
Ik and we're gonna get it accepted as a resistance but currently he doesn't have it and even if he can survive being temporarily frozen he is not gonna live through prolonged hypothermia and neithee will Dust who has no res
TBF Dust should have some form of cold resistance as well, he was unbothered by walking around in a white-out blizzard on top of a frozen mountain range for hours with nothing keeping him warm besides the clothes he had on
What can Dust do against Heat superior to his resistance, paralysis, confusion and sleep effects

He obviously would destroy Pichu in close combat (Unless we bring Machop skill) but one paralysis and he is not touching Pichu anymore
I mean, paralysis would require Pichu to actually land a solid electrical attack on Dust, and even then Pichu only has a few ranged electrical attacks that can do that: Thunderbolt and Thundershock both only have a 10% chance while Thunder has a 30% chance. Pichu has other moves that can do that, but they require getting into CQC, which is a bad idea. And even then, Paralysis isnt as massive of a hindrance to Dust as it sounds, both the speed reduction and the 1 in 4 chance of temporary total paralysis can be bypassed by Fidget using magic to cover Dust's vulnerabilities.

Sweet Kiss could work, but even then it only makes it so 1 out of 3 of Dust's attacks wont work, and Pichu would need to think to use this over all of its electric attacks.
Skill is nigh-irrelevant here as Pikchu likes to spam AOE lightning
i mean lemme ask you this - how are you going to dodge a giant tsunami with karate? Same here, how are you going to dodge multiple lightning bolts going in all directions
Funnily enough there is actually a boss in Dust: An Elysian Tale who does exactly that: Lady Tethys' entire fight is just her spamming lightning bolts almost the entire time and Dust can fight and beat her just fine.

And counterpoint, Dust does the exact same thing with his magic, to the point that all three characters have multiple 4th wall breaks joking about how Dust's use of magic is absurd as it fills the entire screen with attacks whenever he uses it and there is even an achievement in the game specifically for getting a 1000 hit combo using magic.
He can also parry if anything but I dont remember the Game if parrying makes you invincible to attacks from the back or things like that
It doesnt, only attacks from the front, and only melee attacks.
Dust does have the range advantage with certain moves, though Pichu is stronger and more durable and could potentially paralyze Dust, though Dust is more skilled.
Dust can actually match Pichu's power with his gear on, it brings him up to .53 tons vs Pichu's .62, and he can use damage amps on top of that to boost himself up to 1.27 tons

About fidget, what key are we using because fidget in the second key is high 8-C

And Paraysis is important because Pichu having twice the speed plus buffs and debuffs seals his Victory in the long run

And I am using the phone so I am useless right now to prove evidence but Pichu has thunder wave (bulbapedia info)

For now I am leaving, 0 connection here

About fidget, what key are we using because fidget in the second key is high 8-C
Second key, and Fidget can only get that high with certain items which are restricted here for fairness sake
And Paraysis is important because Pichu having twice the speed plus buffs and debuffs seals his Victory in the long run
I mean it can but Dust can just range spam with his danmaku if need be, he isnt a solely CQC fighter and its entirely in character for him to just cover the entire battlefield with AoE magic attacks at any given time
And I am using the phone so I am useless right now to prove evidence but Pichu has thunder wave (bulbapedia info)
Ah, my mistake he does have that, though the points i brought up still stand as Thunder Wave is actually less accurate than the other moves i listed other than Thunder

Also, should mention that Pichu canonically have a lot of trouble using their electrical attacks on their own, and have a tendency to hurt themselves when they use electricity and can potentially short themselves out and temporarily lose their ability to use electricity entirely if theyre not careful

TBF Dust should have some form of cold resistance as well, he was unbothered by walking around in a white-out blizzard on top of a frozen mountain range for hours with nothing keeping him warm besides the clothes he had on
fair but ngl that's not nearly enough to survive -85C as that shiz is wack. That's literally colder than the coldest temperature on earth (if we don't count atmospheric temperature)

I mean, paralysis would require Pichu to actually land a solid electrical attack on Dust, and even then Pichu only has a few ranged electrical attacks that can do that: Thunderbolt and Thundershock both only have a 10% chance while Thunder has a 30% chance. Pichu has other moves that can do that, but they require getting into CQC, which is a bad idea. And even then, Paralysis isnt as massive of a hindrance to Dust as it sounds, both the speed reduction and the 1 in 4 chance of temporary total paralysis can be bypassed by Fidget using magic to cover Dust's vulnerabilities.
Pichu has thunder wave which is an instant paralysis inducement and it is well ranged as well.
And counterpoint, Dust does the exact same thing with his magic, to the point that all three characters have multiple 4th wall breaks joking about how Dust's use of magic is absurd as it fills the entire screen with attacks whenever he uses it and there is even an achievement in the game specifically for getting a 1000 hit combo using magic.
decent but Pichu's AOE is damn good as well, not to mention that as you've shown its not like every attack is charged to the same level as a full power 8-C blast, they seem to just generally deal lower damage but multiple times.

Funnily enough there is actually a boss in Dust: An Elysian Tale who does exactly that: Lady Tethys' entire fight is just her spamming lightning bolts almost the entire time and Dust can fight and beat her just fine.

As far as i see Pichu goes way harder thant Lady Tethys
Sweet Kiss could work, but even then it only makes it so 1 out of 3 of Dust's attacks wont work, and Pichu would need to think to use this over all of its electric attacks.
its a damn decent option though he may be more likely to use charm which cuts attack and nasty plot which boosts the heck out of Pichu's special attack
Dust can actually match Pichu's power with his gear on, it brings him up to .53 tons vs Pichu's .62, and he can use damage amps on top of that to boost himself up to 1.27 tons
Pichu's Nasty Plot can boost him up to 4x his AP which means that he basically becomes 2.48 tons. If it is even partially restricted here then this match won't be addable but either way even if we make it just 3x it is still 1.86 tons+ so AP isn't really an issue here.

Pichu has thunder wave which is an instant paralysis inducement and it is well ranged as well.
Thunder Wave is also less accurate than the other moves i listed other than Thunder
decent but Pichu's AOE is damn good as well, not to mention that as you've shown its not like every attack is charged to the same level as a full power 8-C blast, they seem to just generally deal lower damage but multiple times.
Youre partially right, they deal ~1/3rd less damage than Dust's physical strikes but in exchange they are homing AoE damaku that can hit enemies hundreds of times, or alternatively he can switch to lightning magic that creates AoE chain lightning or fire magic that creates giant pillars of fire that cover the entire battlefield.

As far as i see Pichu goes way harder thant Lady Tethys

Guardian Signs

God that takes me back, thanks for the nostalgia bomb lol

I'd say theyre abount equal tbh, that clip actually fits with the pokedex entry that Pichu needs to charge to be able to use stronger electric attacks properly, as without the long charge up time Pichu's electric attack is only a few feet in diameter
its a damn decent option though he may be more likely to use charm which cuts attack and nasty plot which boosts the heck out of Pichu's special attack
True, but this would require Pichu to think to use that instead of an electric attack, and do so before Dust rushes him into CQC or spams him to death with homing danmaku
Pichu's Nasty Plot can boost him up to 4x his AP which means that he basically becomes 2.48 tons. If it is even partially restricted here then this match won't be addable but either way even if we make it just 3x it is still 1.86 tons+ so AP isn't really an issue here.
I mean if need be we can unrestrict Dust's other equipment for this fight which skyrockets Fidget's magic up to 2.2 Tons, seeing as Nasty Plot doesnt amp physicals that would put them on even footing

Thunder wave is only 90% accurate, if he spams It for example it should land more often than not.

In this tournaments we always limit the Ap to the limit of the tier or we would have Issei spamming boost and winning on another tournament.

For now this match looks fairly even, skill VS AoE, close combat VS long combat and status VS companion Who acts independly

Thunder wave is only 90% accurate, if he spams It for example it should land more often than not.
Thats the thing tho, since this is specifically Pichu it canonically has a lot of trouble actively spamming electrical attacks on its own without risking hurting itself or shorting itself out in the process. Couple that with Dust's prior experience dodging spammed AoE electrical attacks from Lady Tethys, as well as Baron Kane who i forgot existed, and Pichu will have a very hard time landing a solid hit on Dust
In this tournaments we always limit the Ap to the limit of the tier or we would have Issei spamming boost and winning on another tournament.
I mean in most cases thats fair but at least in this case both have a hard cap with which they can amp and theyre still both on even footing, it allows for this match to actually be added while also allowing them to stay in the tourney as in the other fights their amps can still be restricted without any issue.
For now this match looks fairly even, skill VS AoE, close combat VS long combat and status VS companion Who acts independly
Dust has some damn good Aoe and long-range options too, not as versatile as some of Pichu's stuff admittedly but going by their profiles he actually has way better range than Pichu

yeah tbh at the moment Dust's best advantage is his massive LS. He won't be able to restrict Pichu though as making contact with Pichu is basically signing your death wish

yeah tbh at the moment Dust's best advantage is his massive LS. He won't be able to restrict Pichu though as making contact with Pichu is basically signing your death wish
Is the listed range on pichu's profile right...? Because if so, Dust has a huge range advantage

Thats the thing tho, since this is specifically Pichu it canonically has a lot of trouble actively spamming electrical attacks on its own without risking hurting itself or shorting itself out in the process.
I will ask for sources, ones outside of smash bros cause that stuff isn't accurate and Pichu harming itself there is not what happens in the games
Couple that with Dust's prior experience dodging spammed AoE electrical attacks from Lady Tethys, as well as Baron Kane who i forgot existed, and Pichu will have a very hard time landing a solid hit on Dust
i still don't see how exactly Tethys is equal. Please link Baron Kane's fight

also once i am done revising the tiers of every pokemon i am making baby mons Low 7-B, make low tiers potentially sub rel and add a ton of powers and abilities which will make fighting pokemon a pain in the ass so yall know what's coming

The range in Pokémon profiles would need to get fixed later given how I’ve seen baby Pokémon be able to use long ranged/AoE moves that cover an entire room in the Mystery Dungeon games

I will ask for sources, ones outside of smash bros cause that stuff isn't accurate and Pichu harming itself there is not what happens in the games

"It is unskilled at storing electric power. Any kind of shock causes it to discharge energy spontaneously. "

"When Pichu plays with others, it may short out electricity with another Pichu, creating a shower of sparks. In that event, this Pokémon will begin crying, startled by the flash of sparks. "

"It is still inept at retaining electricity. When it is startled, it discharges power accidentally. It gets better at holding power as it grows older. "

"The electric pouches on its cheeks are still small. They cannot store much electricity yet. "

"The electric sacs in its cheeks are small. If even a little electricity leaks, it becomes shocked. "

"It is not yet skilled at controlling electricity. If you take your eyes off it, it may shock itself. "

"Pichu stores electricity in the sacs on its cheeks but discharges it inadvertently when agitated or excited. Being yet immature, the Pokémon's handling of electricity is rather inept. "

"I can't store electricity very well yet! "

"Pichu may be small, but it can still give foes quite a shock! It’s not very good at storing electricity, though, so it sticks close to bigger Pokémon for safety."
i still don't see how exactly Tethys is equal. Please link Baron Kane's fight
You just quoted the link to his fight lol

The range in Pokémon profiles would need to get fixed later given how I’ve seen baby Pokémon be able to use long ranged/AoE moves that cover an entire room in the Mystery Dungeon games
Depending on the move i feel like that would be higher than 8-C

"It is unskilled at storing electric power. Any kind of shock causes it to discharge energy spontaneously. "

"When Pichu plays with others, it may short out electricity with another Pichu, creating a shower of sparks. In that event, this Pokémon will begin crying, startled by the flash of sparks. "

"It is still inept at retaining electricity. When it is startled, it discharges power accidentally. It gets better at holding power as it grows older. "

"The electric pouches on its cheeks are still small. They cannot store much electricity yet. "

"The electric sacs in its cheeks are small. If even a little electricity leaks, it becomes shocked. "

"It is not yet skilled at controlling electricity. If you take your eyes off it, it may shock itself. "

"Pichu stores electricity in the sacs on its cheeks but discharges it inadvertently when agitated or excited. Being yet immature, the Pokémon's handling of electricity is rather inept. "

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pichu_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Side_game_data
"I can't store electricity very well yet! "

"Pichu may be small, but it can still give foes quite a shock! It’s not very good at storing electricity, though, so it sticks close to bigger Pokémon for safety."
fair enough
You just quoted the link to his fight lol
woops, thought it was the link to the profile.

Anyways i don't see the same attack levels as Pichu. He has some good attacks but Pichu can almost fill up a screen with some of his attacks and his weaker attacks have greater range

Depending on the move i feel like that would be higher than 8-C
first off, i am totally upgrading everyone there to Low 7-B and i've three instances one in game and two in manga to prove it

second, even if that failed i'd scaled them massively above magikarp who has a 7-C durability feat that was accepted but not applied

first off, i am totally upgrading everyone there to Low 7-B and i've three instances one in game and two in manga to prove it

second, even if that failed i'd scaled them massively above magikarp who has a 7-C durability feat that was accepted but not applied
Oh im well aware lol, i brought up an anime feat of a bunch of kabuto and omanyte inking a whole ass island and it never went anywhere

Anyways i don't see the same attack levels as Pichu. He has some good attacks but Pichu can almost fill up a screen with some of his attacks and his weaker attacks have greater range
Yeah, Dust does that too, to the point that its a running 4th wall break joke that all three characters make about his attacks filling the entire screen whenever he uses Dust Storm

Yeah, Dust does that too, to the point that its a running 4th wall break joke that all three characters make about his attacks filling the entire screen whenever he uses Dust Storm
i am not talking about Dust but about Baron. Baron's attacks suck. This means that Dust has no experience dealing with the AOE monstrosities that he can pull out.

also once i am done revising the tiers of every pokemon i am making baby mons Low 7-B, make low tiers potentially sub rel and add a ton of powers and abilities which will make fighting pokemon a pain in the ass so yall know what's coming
If that is true then I would like to change pichu or let my place in the tournament to other user

Just because arguing knowing that a character is gonna be change for me is dumb

Back