• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1 (Match 1):
Rules:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody or of the location.
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
  • Location: The Island of Lemon located on The Nierre’s Heaven.
NTaEzHH.png

Result:

Rubia Elstein:
Monkey D. Luffy:
Inconclusive:

qIwuRrn.png

First! And following!

Also, as a person who was a part of the High 8-C Tourny which had Rubia, is it valid for the arguments that were present in the last tourny - stuff that explains her skills, experience, and her abilities - be put into consideration here? I am pretty sure this is the same key that was used in your last tourny 'cept this one is using Rubia's possibly 8-B Rating, so they should all be valid still.

I'm going to copy the things that GoldenScropions said in the High 8-C Tourny to give a general idea of what she can do.

"She primarily uses swordsmanship + anything fire-related (fireballs, walls, hounds, etc) with large AoE, with the intent to overwhelm her opponent, with barriers here and there if needed. Depending on the situation, who her opponent is, and if they resist her well, she'll go into stronger attacks (vermillion, frost blaze, Muspelheim) and/or stat amp. Her haxxier abilities require a good opening to be used properly and are harder to land otherwise. tl;dr, pretty much everything is in character, but it depends on her opponent and how long the fight lasts, and some techniques are harder to use"

"Rubia is more skilled and has better reactions than Sjora, who casually handled Ellis and Rinslet, both of whom have access to danmaku. She's also defeated the likes of Leonora and stomped Claire, both of whom have access to large AoE attacks, against which she had no trouble blocking or dodging."

" Experience-wise, Rubia curb-stomped the tournament she was in the entire way, which included nearly all the Blade Dance characters that currently have profiles. She's the youngest person to ever reach the rank of "Elemental Queen" at 14, a title given to those who are only second to the in-universe equivalent of gods, and is considered to be a combat genius; she kept getting more skilled and face off enemies for the years after that, until she reached her position.

Most of her skills are top-tier and second to none, and she was able to formulate a 5-year-long plan which pretty much succeeded despite some unforeseen obstacles, proving her ability to improvise and get back on track. She lead a team composed of top-tier assassins, a master spellcaster, a reanimated personification of the Demon King's will, and one of the spirits of said Demon King, all of whom she's stronger than. She also surpasses the protagonist, who was stronger than both the aforementioned top-tier assassins and was considered the strongest Blade Dancer for a time. Later on, Rubia took control of an entire revolutionary force of people she'd never met and straight-up launched a war, for which she was prepared and knew what was coming for her in opposition.

tl;dr Her experience is equally top-tier in combat, book-smart, leader, shrine maiden, and strategist. Obvisouly, some of these are less useful than others within this match, but it's to showcase this girl is no joke"

just to be clear Rubia ap is above 11 tons while Luffy ap is 93 tons and can amp his attacks thanks to his strechings, yes i really said this

so if Luffy hits her, he's goona do high damage, on top of having RPL

Adding to Rubia's advantages: she has information analysis that explicitly has the ability that allows her to understand an opponent's skill and power level with a quick overview, so she might realize Luffy's AP advantage and go for her dura-negating stuff from the get-go, can amp herself up to close the AP by some degree, she has instinctive reactions that might help defend against any surprise attacks from Luffy, and is able to debuff Luffy to lower his stat advantage.

This is a bit unrelated to the battle but how does Rubia get the possibly 11 ton upscale when the calc their upscaling from at its high end (4.68 tons) requires around 2.36x to reach baseline 8-B? I think that's a huge jump even for the site's standards. Is there a multiplier im missing here since I'm reading through the page and couldn't find any.

Welp, maybe one of the profile maker made a mistake or smth? That's all I can think of. Well, that, and there is a calc somewhere that isn't listed in the verse's page, which is a thing that can happen, so that might be the problem.

If I remembered correctly it's like a huge, huge scaling chain combined with her tanking a move that one-shot people stronger than the MC who is several times stronger than his first arc, combined with him contracting two spirits.

At least from what I have observed.

If I remembered correctly it's like a huge, huge scaling chain combined with her tanking a move that one-shot people stronger than the MC who is several times stronger than his first arc, combined with him contracting two spirits.

Hm, we need to hear it from GS to get confirmation... Really don't want Rubia to get disqualified or smth due to profile issues...

I don't think that still applies for upscaling in terms of this site's thing. Upscaling here is pretty strict and I had my hand in it (and it failed lmao)

Rubia has been replaced with Kaneki according to the Tournament thread multiple people have reported her scaling chain is messed up, which if you are following the main Tournament thread you would know that Speedster who choose Rubia now wants to use Kaneki.

Rubia has been replaced with Kaneki according to the Tournament thread multiple people have reported her scaling chain is messed up, which if you are following the main Tournament thread you would know that Speedster who choose Rubia now wants to use Kaneki.
Can johny test be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back