• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
LordAizenSama said:
Itachi and Zeref don't belong here.
and Shunsui wins with relatively low difficulty
Why don't itachi and zeref belong here ? and My money's on Shunsui , his bankai so hax

The book transformation isnt abiltiy that can casted on any target. It was reversing his creation (Mard Geer) to his sealed state. It cannot be cast on anything else. (unless he show he can)

Shunsui stomps this. None of the other fighters can stop his Bankai. Itachi could use genjutsu although it would backfire on himself and it wouldn't stop the Bankai since Katen kyokotsu can snap Shunsui out of the illusion.

Yeah. Shunsui takes this. His Bankai is too haxxed. Though when did Zanpaküto show the ability of snapping their wielders out of illusions?

Actually, how would he handle Zeref's time stop and death manipulation? Not to mention, if the other fighters can be somehow distracted, he can use Law to take all of them out.

Zanpakuto spirits can temporarily take over their hosts body. This was shown multiple times with zangetsu. Katen Kyokotsu shouldn't be any different especially since she is older, stronger and wiser.

Zeref would drown in the dangyo appyss or die from the disease Shunsui creates before he can kill Shunsui. Shunsui also has a massive speed advantage. Law is fast enough to potentially react to Shunsui but he can't counter any of the 4 dans.

I don't remember Zanpakutō taking over their wielders' bodies apart from Zangetsu. And this is simply because of plot armor. Ichigo's the main character so he can't really be used as an example. When Aizen dropped Kyōka Suigetsu on everyone, nothing like this happened.

Zeref can use time stop faster than Shunsui can get to that phase of his Bankai. Speed is equalized. Now that I think about it, Zeref really takes this. He can just stop time and use Law.

Kyoka suigetsu is a much higher tier illusion than itachi's genjutsu. As for zeref, he won't kill Shunsui. Even Lille couldn't kill Shunsui before he went Bankai. Shunsui can always hide in the shadow realm or use games that don't use direct combat.

You're also assuming that Law would help Zeref

Maybe Itachi's normal genjutsu. But not Tsukuyomi. Anyways, let's not get further into this please. This is a severe case of fallacy. Lille's ability does not work the same way as the other combatants' here. I know Shunsui can do this but the problem is that he wouldn't do it in time. He would prefer playing around. Zeref can even stop time before he does these things.

How so? Law is something that ignores durability and erases anyone the caster considers an enemy. Why wouldn't it work?

Tsukiyomi won't work on Shunsui. He's dead, and tsukiyomi was shown to be ineffective against edo's.

Shunsui only plays around when he knows he can. Against Starrk he knew he had Yamamoto with him to back him up. Compare that to his fight with Lille and he's a completely different man. He went all out and didn't hold back anything from the start. He even said he tried to kill him with the first (might have been second) attack but Lille was too fast. Zeref on the other hand is a lot slower than Shunsui. If Shunsui wants him dead, he can do it fast even in shikai.

I'm not saying Law can't do anything to Shunsui but why would he be helping Zeref? You said zeref could use Law, what does that mean? Even if they work together Law's best moves are close range and easily dodgable. Shunsui can also escape his room via kageoni or darumasan fell over.

Okay. I won't argue on this issue.

The Quincy situation was very different from the Espada's. Those Quincy killed a lot of Shinigami and Yamamoto himself. Shunsui had become the Captain Commander so he knew what had to be done. The fact is that Shunsui will always play around in character if he can help it. Look at his fight against Robert Accutrone. He didn't want to go all out before Yamamoto entered the battle and he got his eye taken out. Speed is equalized. So yeah, Zeref stops time and uses his death manipulation or Law on everyone.

Huh? Actually, I mean Law as in Fairy Law.

Yes better to leave this argument alone

In both situations where he "player around" he had backup. Yamamoto and the other captains were there to help. When he is alone and fighting without help, he is serious from the start. Can you go a little in depth on Zeref's powers for me? I only know a decent amount of it. No matter what it is I doubt it will work. Remember anything zeref does to Shunsui will be reflected back on him.

How did he have backup against Accutrone? If Accutrone was strong enough, he could have killed Shunsui before he got serious. So much for backup. They are in character here, Shunsui will hesitate to go all out. That's how his character is.

Actually, Shunsui might be able to reflect the damage of Law but that's if it doesn't erase him. But Zeref can kill him with his death manipulation.

He was in soul society. In his home with soul reapers everywhere. Against Lille he was in enemy land and had no one to help him if he got his ass kicked. This situation is more like the Lille fight. He is by himself fighting 3 strong fighters.

Zeref can't get past his Bankai. He would have to kill him while he is still in shikai.

I think stopping time at the beginning would prevent Shunsui from activating his Bankai (incatation is quite long as far as I remeber). However I think if speed is equalized Itachis Totsuka may come into play even faster.

Zeref wouldn't use his top moves at the start of the fight. Just like how Shunsui wouldn't use his Bankai at the start first

@Amlad22

This is how Shunsui's character is. Everyone who has watched or read Bleach knows this. Regardless, if you believe otherwise, it's fine. I don't want us to keep arguing about Shunsui's character so we should drop this.

How so? Shunsui can't really do anything when time is stopped. If Shunsui doesn't start in Bankai, it's very likely that the other combatants can take him out. Also, Zeref has abandoned his humanity so he will.

@Czuczian11

You have a point but nobody will be able to do anything when Zeref stops time.

How long can Zeref stop time? If he only freezes it for a short time he might not kill all 3 of the fighters. He'll probably target Shunsui last since he would come off as less dangerous. If he targets Shunsui first then he's dead.

Well then it shouldn't be used in vs matches since we don't know it's limits. We did the same thing for powers like the almighty

He froze time long enough for a long winded conversation with Natsu on ideals or some stuff. Either way it should be enough to give him the win if speed is equalized.

Is this in character? Because zeref never really fighting seriously and thus we don't know if he will immediately time stop just like Di Maria or not.. and so far the only time he was in combat is when he fight against natsu and at that time he has no desire to kill natsu nor to win against him.

Back