• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 0 characters in the new tiering system

Since the new requirements are in short

A tier 0 cannot undergo any form of change whatsoever
There can only be one tier 0 character from a verse
A tier 0 cannot be surpassed or have peers of similar equivalency
A tier 0 can't have parts
A tier 0 can't be part of a hierarchy
A character can't "become" tier 0
There can't be a character that has tier 0 power, but some nature distinct from that

Then some of the ones I can name off the top of my head are

Self Reference-ENGINE (Self Reference-ENGINE)
The Dharmakaya (Journey To The West)
The Star Maker (Star Maker)
Essential Divinity (World Of Darkness)
The Clear Light (Twin Peaks)
The White Light (Transrealist)
The Luminous Being (Dungeons and Dragons)
The One (The Divine Comedy)
God (Unsong)
The Supreme Archetype (Cthulhu Mythos)
Possibly The Light (Dark Siders)
Possibly The One (Transformers)
Possibly Gan (The Dark Tower)
Possibly Mana-Yood-Sushai (Dunsanyverse)
Possibly Eru Illuvatar (Lord Of The Rings)
Possibly The Amaranth (The Elder Scrolls)
Possibly The Magician (Seekers Into The Mystery)

There can't be a character that has tier 0 power, but some nature distinct from that

The Dharmakaya (Journey To The West)
The Star Maker (Star Maker)
Essential Divinity (World Of Darkness)
The Clear Light (Twin Peaks)
The White Light (Transrealist)
The Luminous Being (Dungeons and Dragons)
The One (The Divine Comedy)
God (Unsong)
The Supreme Archetype (Cthulhu Mythos)
Possibly The Light (Dark Siders)
Possibly The One (Transformers)
Possibly Gan (The Dark Tower)
Possibly Mana-Yood-Sushai (Dunsanyverse)
Possibly Eru Illuvatar (Lord Of The Rings)
Possibly The Amaranth (The Elder Scrolls)
Possibly The Magician (Seekers Into The Mystery)
Huh. So a Tier 0 character must start as 0, always have been 0, and always be 0?

Wouldn't, no. Unless this wielding happens through a literal division of the Tier 0's power into the level of the lower character.
For High 1-A+ the precedence from what determines it is by ranking, correct? Say for example all Creation was embodied by a being via through what 0 could make, but that same Creation is preceded and transcended by a Void that holds it. Then the Void is the apex of the Cosmology and is High 1-A+ while the other is the lower variant?

I'm pretty sure these three were confirmed to be 0.
I can see arguments for Aru and The Magician, but the Amaranth isn't even a character who has a consciousness or identity, but rather a primordial force who is more homogenous to a scaffold for the setting itself. As for my take, ANU quite literally manifesting a statehood of Amaranth solidifies it more as a High-1A and High-1A+ Relationship rather than a High-1A+ and Tier 0 courtship

I can see arguments for Aru and The Magician, but the Amaranth isn't even a character who has a consciousness or identity, but rather a primordial force who is more homogenous to a scaffold for the setting itself. As for my take, ANU quite literally manifesting a statehood of Amaranth solidifies it more as a High-1A and High-1A+ Relationship rather than a High-1A+ and Tier 0 courtship
So, ANU accessing the statehood of the Amaranth didn't make ANU dissolve into the primordial force beyond Aurbis? I mean what happens when becoming one with it when you access a limitless state of being that unifies all things?

So, ANU accessing the statehood of the Amaranth didn't make ANU dissolve into the primordial force beyond Aurbis? I mean what happens when becoming one with it when you access a limitless state of being that unifies all things?
We'll get to that when we get to that. (The rest of the verse is in disrepair)

What Ultima said above. The verse should reconstructed before we get to scaling, TES right now is plagued with expired links, profiles that don't even exist or were deleted and were never truly removed on the official page, and outdated profiles not in the sense of just outdated scaling, but misunderstanding of source material in of itself.

I've also found this to be a problem with the Engine's first key, as it's described as on quote "being a successor/descendant of the first computing machines"

Then again, the being speaking to you was just a shell/avatar of the Engine's true self, which only manifested to narrate the book in of itself, after which it "ceases" operations and closes in on the end of all literature and the book itself

I've also found this to be a problem with the Engine's first key, as it's described as on quote "being a successor/descendant of the first computing machines"

Then again, the being speaking to you was just a shell/avatar of the Engine's true self, which only manifested to narrate the book in of itself, after which it "ceases" operations and closes in on the end of all literature and the book itself
I think the SRE was confrimed to be High 1-A+

I heard there probably isn't an actual true form and that it actually just ends it's own life.

I think the SRE was confirmed to be High 1-A+

Right now it meets nearly all the requirements
It's not part of any hierarchy, It indirectly lacks the concept of opposition, it's the entirety of the setting itself, it's not split into parts and doesn't go under change since the shell is just an avatar of the true self.

Right now, the only real issue I see is the statement about being a successor, which is most likely ideation, as the even the Engine's shell is described as being completely nonexistent, existent, and beyond both in relationship to all possible character strings (all possible fiction). Existing as a being that is both existing beyond applicability, not existing, beyond both states and encompassing them.

You could also make an argument that Tier-0's lack description entirely and the Transduality that the Engine show's would disqualify it, but that would be killing every shown Tier-0 anyway

The actual Engine is, very simply, the physical book and all possible literature, it's the pinnacle of ineffability.

So
I view this more as either a

Tier 0 (Shell)
Tier 0 (The Absolute Nothingness)

Or a

High-1A+ (Shell)
Tier 0 (The Absolute Nothingness)

Back