• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thread to post Pokemon feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC in the XYZ anime subs the japanese version of Quick Attack is called "Lighting Speed" and has been called that by Satoshi (Ash)

So.........MHS???

Anime4Life2020 said:
IIRC in the XYZ anime subs the japanese version of Quick Attack is called "Lighting Speed" and has been called that by Satoshi (Ash)
So.........MHS???
I remember that, but... Suddenly having MHS Rattata would be nuts.

Then again, it would only be during the actual attack, so... Yeah. Still not sure if that is acceptable tho

@AN. Oh my bad. You can ask Saikou about the Reality Warping as he made the page.

@Gimmy. I got 73500 j. I wonder if I can find better feats for it.

"Lighting Fast" is typically an hyperbole so unless it was shown to have comparable speed to lightning we probably can't use it, sorry.

Darkanine said:
@AN. Oh my bad. You can ask Saikou about the Reality Warping as he made the page.
@Gimmy. I got 73500 j. I wonder if I can find better feats for it.
So, Wall Level Dewgong... Hail would probably be best for AP, honestly.

Also, Didn't Slowpoke get their tails cut off? Depending on the method, couldn't we figure out the durability of Slowpoke, assuming it hasn't been found already?

ArbitraryNumbers wrote

What ability would Trick Room count as?

Pocket Dimension Creation (Sawyer in the anime literally calls it a "mysterious space" and in all defintions is called a "bizzare area") + Reality Warping (the space's "law" or as such is to make the opponent slower while the user faster). This is how I see it as at least.

So, I suppose that Slowpoke's low-end durability could be whatever is around or below a normal saw/bladed weapon. I would assume, however, that they can reach something a little higher.

Trick Room also switches the effects of any techniques that can boost an opponents speed in the opposite form. For example, Ash's Talonflame while inside Trick Room tried using Flame Charge to make himself faster but via Trick Rooms effects it made Talonflame actually slower not faster so anyone inside Trick Room also gets slower when trying to become faster (however they get the effects of their techniques automatically applied back to them once Trick Room is over). So what would happen if someone who had infinite speed was placed inside Trick Room? Would their speed just be constant zero, meaning they cant even move period and just be frozen in place? Or would they be above Trick Rooms effects via having never-ending speed increasing?

Magic Room is the same thing. Its basically Pocket Dimension Creation (should be the same "mysterious space" as Trick Room just with different effects), Reality Warping (putting in its own laws) and Weapon Neutralization (nullifies the effects of any weapon inside it, making them useless).

Thank you Anime! In general, I just want to say thanks for being very helpful in the thread.

So the Rhyhorn family has some very good feats.

Rhyhor.

"Its bones are 1,000 times harder than human bones. Using its durability and strength, it can destroy tall buildings."

"Strong, but not too bright, this Pokémon can shatter even a skyscraper with its charging tackles."

"Its body is clad in a thick hide, and its tackles topple buildings. Unfortunately, it is not smart."

Rhydo.

"Protected by an armor-like hide, it can survive in lava over 3,600 degrees. Its horn can bore holes through boulders."

"Rhydon's horn can crush even uncut diamonds. One sweeping blow of its tail can topple a building. This Pokémon's hide is extremely tough. Even direct cannon hits don't leave a scratch."

"Rhydon has a horn that serves as a drill. It is used for destroying rocks and boulders. This Pokémon occasionally rams into streams of magma, but the armor-like hide prevents it from feeling the heat."

Rhyperior.

"From holes in its palms, it fires out Geodude. Its carapace can withstand volcanic eruptions."

"Strong, but not too bright, this Pokémon can shatter even a skyscraper with its charging tackles."

Wasnt that calced to be MCB level? Or should wwe just have it be Large Building level based on its other statements?

By the way, exclusive Z Moves are exceptions to the move rule regardless of the outlandishness. So... Someone mind getting on Catastropika?

I'm doing a Shedinja profile. How would we rate Wonder Guard? The games doesn't state how it works, just that only supereffectives attacks can hit. The anime portrays it as being some kind of attack nullification or attack reflection.

Would it be a hax, or just a NLF sheild?

Because Shedinja currently is Intangible/Non-Corporeal, Soul Hax, can read Minds, some degree of mind hax, can block regen and now possibly hs attack nullification. Despite being Street level.

Probably a shield that permits only specific things like elemental disadvantages. Meaning, he can die to a rock, a matchstick, night time, a gust of air and The Grudge movie.

I'd say attack nullification, since it just bounces off Shedinja's body in the anime. But note for its weakness that offensive Dark, Fire, Flying, Rock, or Ghost attacks will oneshot it.

@Darkanine and @Cal hahaha thanks guys. Glad to help anytime.

That said I more suggestions to discuss for some moves and abilities:

Would we classify Jirachi's Doom Desire move as Fate Manipulation since the move can attack anyone with no defense against it, meaning it bypassing anything without fail?

Or Skyattack and any other move that increases or decreases the chance of an attack failing or hitting as Probability Manipulation?

What would Mimic also be?

Finally, what about abilities like Imposter, Trace, and Mold Breaker? I can see them being very useful if possible.

Arcanine can run 6200 miles in a single day and night. Assuming that means every 12 hours, that's 230 m/s (Subsonic+), if its in 24 hours then its 115 m/s (Subsonic).

Im pretty sure we could peg Arcanine to be faster than subsonic considering one owned by a battle frontier brain was, along with his swampert, was dominating Ash's swellow and corpish for most of their entire battle.

Exclusive only. If that one is exclusive to Litten, then be my guest. (Might change my mind if I calc it and it's not some tier high 7/6 thing.)

The real cal howard said:
Exclusive only. If that one is exclusive to Litten, then be my guest. (Might change my mind if I calc it and it's not some tier high 7/6 thing.)
Meaning that only Snorlax(Surprised you haven't done that yet.) and Raichu can get a calc for now.

I basically had Lina walk me through this calc. I don't know if I can do Snorlax. Maybe, MAYBE Raichu, since I know electricity now.

Rapidash runs at 150 mph, or 67.056 m/s, which is far slower then Arcanine for sure

Archeops can run at 25 mph, which is 11.176 m/s

Pidgeot is Mach 2, so whatever

Scyther can move so fast it becomes a blur, without Quick Attack, meaning it is likely FTE/potentially subsonic?

Zebstrika might have a god speed feat, considering it can run at "lightning speed" and it creates the sound of a thunder clap whenever it gallops . Also, he is at least Building Level via being able to fire off lightning, according to his Animme Dex entry. Don't know how reliable this one is overal, but hey, may as well mention it.

GimmyJibbsJr said:
Zebstrika might have a god speed feat, considering it can run at "lightning speed" and it creates the sound of a thunder clap whenever it gallops . Also, he is at least Building Level via being able to fire off lightning, according to his Animme Dex entry. Don't know how reliable this one is overal, but hey, may as well mention it.
Wouldnt this scale to Pikachu? Because I remember Biancia being able to have her pokemon keep up with a Zebstrika at least 2x in the anime and Ash's pokemon are obviously far superior to hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back