• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thread to post Pokemon feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reason I put it at 4-A when I made the profile was the dex said she does it with her sheer power, not as just a pocket reality or something along thoe lines.

Not to mention stars being actually in their too

Also wouldnt this count as a sort of "making Fantasy reality" type thing? Since its a world of memories?

Are we sure we can really assume Mewtwo is the strongest of Psychics when Pokemon like Malamar are said to trump it in hypnotism?

I don't think we should scale Mewtwo to Gardevoir or Gothitelle because they seem more like hax then actual raw power.

In Ap or hax?

Also for Malamars case wouldnt it be hyperbole? The only feats we've seen concerning Malamar's hypotism was control Officer Jenny, James Inkay and Pikachu (who broke out of it). Plus Mewtwo should be superior by the alone fact that Mew would be capable of replicating Malamar's power via genetics and Mewtwo is made to be equal to or superior to Mew. But I could be wrong here.

RadicalMrR said:
I don't think we should scale Mewtwo to Gardevoir or Gothitelle because they seem more like hax then actual raw power.
I dont know about Gardevoir but Gothitelle's dex entry states or implies it using sheer power rather than just hax.

Joking aside, Ditto would probably be Unknown. Mostly because being able to transform into its opponent seems like an NLF to me.

Im not sure about the NLF part because I hear that Ditto can copy all of anyones stats except HP or stamina. In a vs match even if Ditto had, lets say, tier 2 stats, if it doesnt have the stamina to match it when true tier 2s have at least near limitless stamina then its not very useful against them and can still lose.

Is this false tho?

Are we downgrading Gothitelle? I'm sorry but no one will take us seriously with a Gothitelle who is as strong as Kirby.... Sorry guys but I see Gothitelle as an outlier.

Gothitelle would still be weaker, Kirby is "at least 4-A" and unknown to boot while Gothitelle would just be a straight up 4-A nothing more. Like I said i have no issue with the outlier rating as long we have a good reason for it.

Or how about this: Since pople think her feat is with hax more than AP anyway, why wont we rate Gothitelle as 4-A with reality warping? I mean if we can rate Yubel, a 5-B being, as 2-C with reality warping I think we can get away with using that for Gothitelle. Any issues with this one?

^Now I can agree with that. Heck Femto Griffith is 5-B with reality warping when he's only like tier 7 i believe.

Maybe we can rank Gothitelle has "Unknown Physically, 4-A via Psychic Powers" and put "Possibly Multi-Solar System level durability (Should be capable of tanking psychic blast from other Gothitelles).

Also, it can't be an outlier dude...Gothitelle literally has no other feats go by. Hell, she even has a similar feat in the anime.

Darkanine said:
Maybe we can rank Gothitelle has "Unknown Physically, 4-A via Psychic Powers" and put "Possibly Multi-Solar System level durability (Should be capable of tanking psychic blast from other Gothitelles).
Also, it can't be an outlier dude...Gothitelle literally has no other feats go by. Hell, she even has a similar feat in the anime.
Perhaps we should see what Aizen thinks of this. Since Mighty is no longer here.

Darkanine said:
Basically this. The anime is literally the only place where what the Dex says she can do actually happens. To suggest this as an outlier is suggesting Gothitelle would use its dex feats in any day pokemon battles which is ridiculous. Pokemon can choose not to use their dex powers in a battle, especially in lets say Cythina vs the Unova elite 4 members case when it wasnt even a real battle, just an excibition match.

That said, we can still go by what you said. Her being 4-A via reality warping or psychic powers to play it safe. Wouldnt be the end of the world.

Actually, the 4-A feat comes from the Black dex entry.

Gen V

Black Starry skies thousands of light-years away are visible in the space distorted by their intense psychic power.

Btw, Bulbapedia calls it an illusion.

"Gothitelle first appeared in The Lost World of Gothitelle! where it prevented Ash and his friends from crossing the Skyarrow Bridge. It then creates an illusion of how its life used to be before the bridge was built, which was serving those who rode the ferry that traveled to Castelia City."

Darkanine said:
Actually, the 4-A feat comes from the Black dex entry.
Gen V

Black Starry skies thousands of light-years away are visible in the space distorted by their intense psychic power.
I know that lol i meant for the anime specifically it actually shows it. Not saying the dex entry is wrong just trying to help Gotheitelle more.

The real cal howard said:
Btw, Bulbapedia calls it an illusion.
Okay thats where I cross the line. There was no way in hell that was an illusion. Ash and co. literally physically interacted in that world and the people of that memory world even interacted with Ash and co. An illusion from a memory that had nothing to do with them cant do that. Unless its meaning Gothitelle's illusions can become reality now....

Well the Bulbapedia isn't an official source. It just documents what's there.

Anyways, still wanna know where Magikarp's High 7-C calc from.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Anyways, still wanna know where Magikarp's High 7-C calc from.
This man has been waiting for ages XD.

Ninetales, a non-psychic Pokemon, with nowhere near tier 4 feats, can make interact-able illusions too. Episode 232 of the original series. Heck. Gastly can too.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Isnt it a cpunter-part of Serrebi were it keeps, references and links official pokemon related stuff like Pokedex entries, stats, etc.? I wouldnt say its 100% accurate without ever being misled but not totally useless. Is it?

I never said it was useless. I've been using Bulbapedia to find feats this whole time.

It's just that there's nothing calling it an illusion other than the Bulbapedia, as far as I know. The information that they take directly from the game via in-game locations, dialogue, pokedex, etc. is all perfectly viable.

It's just that I don't recall it ever being directly stated in the episode that it was an illusion, so I'm assuming this is merely Bulbapedia's interpretation.

And if it was merely an illusion why would the fog in the episode prevent them from going near the bridge? Even in the memory world itself they couldnt, it seemed lie an extremely similar case to when Palkia did the same to Alamos Town. Sounds very real to me. Like Abirtary said there's nothing that says its an illusion outside Bulbepedia's view of it.

I mean in terms of effects lol. I know Palkia would rapestomp Gothitelle in anyway imaginable.

Also i just rewatched the ending of the episode and it doesnt appear to be an illusion. Gothitelle teleported Ash and co. out of its world and back into their own via manipulating the fog in some strange way. and then Gothitelle uses the same strange fog to teleport out. Im not sure what to call this but this doesnt seem illusionary.

Btw question: can we use games like Pokepark and Pokepark 2 Wonders Beyond as a key for feats or no? Because at least Darkrai, Reshiram, Zekrom, The Kami Trio and maybe Gothitelle, Gothrita, Gothita, Pikachu, Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott, Piplup, their evolutions and Zoroark could get a good upgrade in feats.

I'm not sure. But regardless, this conversation is getting us nowhere. Talking to people, and we agreed that having 4-A meh pokemon is going to ruin everything we built, and to change it asap so people don't see us as a joke, and that Pokemon profiles don't get banned again. Despite the fact that I like ya man, I recommend that you don't bring up Gothitelle again.

I really don't agree putting it at unknown, but alright. I can live with it and all. What does Pokepark add? I guess it can be added as another key.

In my opinion, the feat seems really legit and all, it's just that... nobody's going to take us seriously if we include it. High 6-B diglett was bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back