• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thread Manipulation Revisions: Too Broad, or Misused?

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, so I've noticed from this thread that Thread Manipulation is now starting to be given to about any character that happens to have a rope, whip or similar device, which I don't think it's meant to be covered by that page.

If this is the case, I really think the page should be modified to specify what kind of manipulation would qualify, for example, the page consistently uses plural, so one criteria could be that it has to be multiple strings involved to qualify or so, otherwise it's best being removed as at that point it's a broad term and not exactly a power anymore, it's like as if we had as a power "Key Manipulation".

There's also no need to capitalize "Powers" in the "Attack Powers" part that's mentioned in Possible Uses.

Okay, so I've noticed from this thread that Thread Manipulation is now starting to be given to about any character that happens to have a rope, whip or similar device, which I don't think it's meant to be covered by that page.
This wouldn't be Thread Manipulation, no. That would be akin to giving it to Scorpion for similar reasoning, but neither actually create or manipulate it any capacity. It's just a weapon independent of their being.

scorpion creates his own rope and dagger in the movie

jokes aside, neutral about this, but i guess it can just be covered in weapon mastery

Back