• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryukama's not talking about any name or current staff member in particular; just a general "what if" example of a staff who literally does stuff like that. That being said, he's making a good point, but still agree with Saikou, Sera and Ant about it preferably being on Advice to the staff page.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Ryukama's not talking about any name or current staff member in particular; just a general "what if" example of a staff who literally does stuff like that.
I'm so glad someone understands this. I'm not trying to get anyone banned or demoted. Someone just told me out of nowhere to comment on this thread, I read the OP and I thought "Yeah that is a bad thing to do it shouldn't be allowed".

For obvious reasons I do agree with this. On one side, like Ryu said, it's a bit sad that this even needs to be brought up.

On the other, I am glad to see this. We still have people with a bad image of what we allow staff to do or not do, and aside from setting a established precedent this should make it more clear there's no preferentialism here.

Yay for positivity.

People shouldn't report staff to the RVT to begin with because that's what HR is for (meaning that if someone thinks that a staff member has done something bad they should PM us) but that's beyond the point.

I think that we are all roughly on the same page regarding the fact that it's not something that should be allowed, but it's not anything super important.

Again, just like we don't ban anyone for losing their cool once, we wouldn't demote or ban anyone for closing a thread without reasons unless it's something that keeps happening again and again

@Ryukama

The RV threads have been in some chaos recently with feuding between community members, and me trying to do damage control as best as I can.

Something like this for the Advice to the staff of the VS Battles wiki page perhaps?

"It is very important that you do not close or remove threads without adequate reasoning, even if it is simply due to that the topic has been discussed to exhaustion previously and/or you do not have the time available to properly deal with it at the moment due to real life concerns, and do not wish for it to get out of control until you get some free time to do so. It is also usually best to ask for confirmations before closing discussions. It reflects badly on the staff as a whole if you do not follow these instructions."

I think that it underscores that it is important to follow this instruction, without needing to make it an automatically punishable offense.

Just like I don't want it to be misconstrued that I'm trying to get anyone banned or demoted just because I think something that no one's even doing should hypothetically be against the rules.

@Ryukama

Yes, of course. I obviously do not think that. I am just concerned that it will be used that way by people with a grudge.

Kaltias said:
People shouldn't report staff to the RVT to begin with because that's what HR is for (meaning that if someone thinks that a staff member has done something bad they should PM us) but that's beyond the point.
Perhaps we should have a reminder on the RVT threads (And maybe the various rules pages) that reporting staff/submitting complaints about staff should be done thorugh HR, with links to active HR representatives' message walls so that a fanfiction PM can be established?

I think it should be fine.

But of course this shouldn't be a rule that's immediately punishable and only repeated violations without any sign of improvement should call for serious action.

Dargoo Faust said:
Perhaps we should have a reminder on the RVT threads (And maybe the various rules pages) that reporting staff/submitting complaints about staff should be done thorugh HR, with links to active HR representatives' message walls so that a fanfiction PM can be established?
This x100

I suppose that we could mention it at the top of the RV threads.

So would the rest of you be fine with the following solutions?

• Mention that members should report staff problems to the HR group at the top of the RV threads.
  • Add the suggested text to the staff advise page.

Antvasima said:
  • Mention that members should report staff problems to the HR group at the top of the RV threads.
I would be fine as with it

Antvasima said:
1. Strongly agree. That's why the HR group exists. Constantly reporting staff members (either legitimately or due to personal vendetta) leads to several dozens of heated comments, causes uproar and drama, wastes time of everyone on this wiki and doesn't lead anywhere. I trust our HR group members and they have already proven in the past that they are more than capable of handling such matters and reach a fair and just conclusion.

2. As someone who has been a victim of this a few times, I agree with this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back