• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He got beat up like a doormat and then he got stronger from that which allowed him to tank solar energies.

I'm explaining a joke.

We're not tho, we're trying to show there being no point in a second key and how it's pointless to have a third key

Matthew's argument is basically: There's a time gap, therefore he's stronger because he has stronger feats.

That's just his headcanon, there is no evidence Thor got stronger, we might as well as create separate keys for Thor Pre-Age of Ultron and Age of Ultron. (sorry if you think I'm derailing, but that's the most non-derailing example I could think of. Other examples are Superman (DCEU) and Iron Man)

That isn't nearly comparison. Thor didn't have an established limit for many movies. And his power up was plot-related in Ragnarok. Since many months passed, I just assume he got better at wielding his powers.

What else is there to do for six months on a spaceship that can't go very fast? Hell, didn't Valkyrie say that it would take 18 months to get from Sakaar to Xandar without portals?

Joking aside, I'm more fine with a separate key for Infinity War. I've kind of just rolled with sudden huge bursts of power ups like Piccolo going from 4-B to 3-A in less than a year.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That isn't nearly comparison. Thor didn't have an established limit for many movies. And his power up was plot-related in Ragnarok. Since many months passed, I just assume he got better at wielding his powers.
Headcanon

It's not headcanon though. If Thor has better feats and there was a huge time gap from the last movie, where he had considerably lower feats, it's safe to assume he is simply stronger than before.

The "headcanon" I would presume is the presumed time skip. I never got the implication that much time passed between Ragnarok and Thanos attacking. Nothing implied so in IW at least.

I personally have no problem with different power levels for Ragnarok Thor and IW Thor. What I want is to upgrade base Thanos to High 6-B or 6-A based on IW Thor and Hela to High 6-C based on neutron star method [as done by Matthew I'm the thread]

Kepekley23 said:
It's not headcanon though. If Thor has better feats and there was a huge time gap from the last movie, where he had considerably lower feats, it's safe to assume he is simply stronger than before.
Large Country level and Island level isn't that much of a leap. Heck Thor was burnt to near-death after being hit by the neutron star.

City level and Multi-City Block level didn't get 2 keys. We might as well as make keys for "Pre-AoU Thor", and "Age of Ultron Thor".

SuperDragoon978 said:
The "headcanon" I would presume is the presumed time skip. I never got the implication that much time passed between Ragnarok and Thanos attacking. Nothing implied so in IW at least.
The time skip is not headcanon. Thor getting stronger is headcanon.

Where does Large Country level come from again? Because from what I'm seeing Thor's durability feat was only 25 Teratons, pretty far away from Large Country.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
SuperDragoon978 said:
The time skip is not headcanon. Thor getting stronger is headcanon.
Evidence that a time skip happened?

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Headcanon
Hypocritic. the agents of Shield profiles got deleted, because you claimed them to be, 'too messy' yet ghost rider is used to proof Thor's solvaka feat wasn't an outlier. You can't have everything your way becuase your staff. And yet nothing has come of this, thread. So create a staff only thread, have them vote on whether the mid credit scene is 6 months. (spoilers, you'll lose) and give him his pre and post stormbreaker keys from infinity War.

It is often hard to figure out these things properly, especially if there are contradictions.

There is no need for pre and post-Stormbreaker keys. Stormbreaker gets a separate stat for Thor's AP but is within the Infinity War key.

The only debate really is if Thor actually got stronger while sitting around in his ship for an unknown amount of time in-between Ragnarok and Thanos appearing.

I personally think not, because he didn't really do anythinf in that timespan, compared to the timespan between Sokovia and his duel with Hela (he got awakened in that time, and was travelling across the realms prior, if his telling Loki of the 9 realms being in chaos and plotting their demise is any indication).

So we can pretty much consider that resolved then yes? No more head canon timejump stuff?

Still a few issues with his profile:

Still needs dark matter manipulation added

Does he need regen and accelerated healing? Unless he can grow his head off his shoulders I think we only need one of those.

I'm pretty sure we shouldn't have "Unknown" in his profile.

@fix

Who? thanos? The reality stone is reality warping so dark matter manip would fall under that as one of its abilities, not a specific power.

Regen would probably be a thing via gauntlet, not innate to him.

You mean Thor dura right?, also that need to be evalueted since the High 6-C storm feat that you calced that turned out to be 6-C.

It's obvious that it needs to be evaluated. Every single calc has to before getting put it in the profiles.

Except that the High 6-C, turned out to be 6-C calc was applied before being evalueted. Dr. Fix needs to link the requested abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back