• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He literally got stronger with Stormbreaker. People are too hung-up on their headcanon timeline, when it has been stated multiple times that the Marvel movies take place on the same date they're released on the USA, so it has been months since Ragnarok ended. Post-credits scenes have precedent in taking place months in the future, as seen in Ant-Man and Dr Strange.

The events of Ragnarok take place in the following order

Escape from Musphelheim- September 5th, 2017

Hulk vs Thor- September 6th (Day 26 for Loki on Sakaar)

Heimdall takes Asgardians to refuge- September 7th

Escape from Sakaar, destruction of Asgard- September 8th (Day 28 on Sakaar)

Attack on the Statesman- May 2018

Heck Thor didn't have time to regrow his hair.

I think EdgarDom is misunderstanding us. We are not talking about Stormbreaker.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Thor getting stronger in Infinity War (pre-Stormbreaker) is nothing but.....well, as Matthew always says, headcanon.
Well, hela can now tank a neutron star. Then.

No. We literally know nothing about Captain Marvel. Coulson maybe.

Stop asking for profiles to be created just for the sake of it.

Thor did get stronger. You have to purposefully shut yours eyes to the evidence, the best evidence there is: him being portrayed as vastly stronger.

Look at the feats, Hela was noted to have shattered Thor's hammer like Glass by Loki, and that's before growing more powerful, Thor creates a storm that might or might not be his full power/might not even be portrayed to his power, especially since he literally did it instantly after just opening his hand a bit, Surtur destroys asgard by pushing his sword into it, which also might not be portrayed to his actual power level.

None of these actually make him much stronger.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Thor did get stronger. You have to purposefully shut yours eyes to the evidence, the best evidence there is: him being portrayed as vastly stronger.
Just like saying Ares's weaker.

Double standards.

Thor initally became 6-C because Odin awakened his hidden power. I think its a powerup that increased his power over time meaning that his full awakened power continued grow even after Odin awakened it, allowing him to help for the Stormbringer creation. For Ares, he might have got weaker since he would have stomped Diana, but i did not watched that movie. You might say that it's headcanon, but its what i came up with for explaining the scenes.

The amusing thing is Matthew calls Ares being weakened "headcanon". I originally thought Matthew just hates assumptions, but now I know he just places ratings at whatever he likes.

I take back that last sentence.

Doesn't make my points invalid. Thor being stronger, is, I call it assumption, but as Matthew always says, headcanon.

Oh no, you are bring up Ares agai? Ares isn't weaker, there's no evidence of it.

You are repeatedly being confrontational on any comicbook thread anyone disagrees with you. Can you please stop?

It is an example of you having double standards.

Thor being stronger has no evidence. It is, as you always say, headcanon. Even more headcanon than Ares being weaker (which I gave up). I take back me taking back that sentence.

Thor isn't stronger, there's no evidence of it.

Spino, it is better for you to consider the other comments even if you disagree with them.

So are you telling me Cap got stronger in Civil War (9-A) than before (9-B), and the time gap is a year, so 2 keys?

Or more keys for Thor, because the 7-B feat is in 2015, and his best feats before are 8-A?

I think Surtur said earlier that he'd die in the destruction.

We outright see how Stormbreaker was forged. It wasn't literally put in the core of a star. It was forged by having the energy of the star shot at the metal so it could be forged.

Using the same method I did with Thor's surface area with Mjolnir's surface area (0.04m┬▓), we get a rating of 1.85452837e21 Joules. Which is High 6-C and consistent with Surtur's feat.

Matthew Schroeder said:
We outright see how Stormbreaker was forged. It wasn't literally put in the core of a star. It was forged by having the energy of the star shot at the metal so it could be forged.

Using the same method I did with Thor's surface area with Mjolnir's surface area (0.04m┬▓), we get a rating of 1.85452837e21 Joules. Which is High 6-C and consistent with Surtur's feat.
Derailing.

I got ninja'd at the last moment.

Here's the quote though: "I cannot die. Not until I fulfill my destiny, and lay waste to your home."

Anyway, you could argue that the writers don't no math, or that he could have died from other things, like space, but i'm not going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back