• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor vs hela but Thor has the stormbreaker (GRACE)

I'm going Hela. As for my reason, I just don't feel like Thor is going to be able to win against a Hela unoccupied with anything else but the fight. I'm also pulling out the at least 6-C card, as Thor is also debatably High 7-A with Stormbreaker, and with just that information i'd say Hela wins.

I'm going Hela. As for my reason, I just don't feel like Thor is going to be able to win against a Hela unoccupied with anything else but the fight. I'm also pulling out the at least 6-C card, as Thor is also debatably High 7-A with Stormbreaker, and with just that information i'd say Hela wins.
Why would stormbreaker be debatably High 7-A? That thing damages Thanos like a knife to butter.

Anyways, aside from responding to this Stormbreaker slander, I'll give my thoughts. Stormbreaker is kind of treated as being on a similar level to Mjollnir, which... Hela crushed easily after being just released from her imprisonment and decently far away from Asgard. Especially considering the fact that this fight IS in asgard, Hela should have enough strength and combat prowess to take this. Voting for Hela.

Stormbreaker is kind of treated as being on a similar level to Mjollnir, which... Hela crushed easily after being just released from her imprisonment and decently far away from Asgard.
I checked both hammers profiles and it says that the stormbreaker’s durability is at least island level while the mjollnir is just island level

Anyways, aside from responding to this Stormbreaker slander, I'll give my thoughts. Stormbreaker is kind of treated as being on a similar level to Mjollnir, which... Hela crushed easily after being just released from her imprisonment and decently far away from Asgard. Especially considering the fact that this fight IS in asgard, Hela should have enough strength and combat prowess to take this. Voting for Hela.
In Infinity War it said Stormbreaker is the most powerful weapon of the Asgardians.

Plus, this makes no sense, Stormbreaker almost killed Thanos, Mjolnir didn't

In Infinity War it said Stormbreaker is the most powerful weapon of the Asgardians.
Nor did they specify by how much. Endgame treats them as mostly on the same tier as they're both used by Thor, and casually swapped around between Cap and Thor.
Plus, this makes no sense, Stormbreaker almost killed Thanos, Mjolnir didn't
Stormbreaker has a sharp edge. We're comparing a slasher to a smasher.

The gap between Stormbreaker and Mjolnir shouldn't be large to the point where a casual and weakened Hela who could easily break Mjonir wouldn't be able to deal with Stormbreaker while literally at the location of her power source. My vote remains with Hela.

Why would stormbreaker be debatably High 7-A? That thing damages Thanos like a knife to butter.
Oh, sorry. I was just looking at profiles mainly when writing. What I meant is that on the profile it shows that Thor is either 6-C or High 7-A when you look at his profile, while Hela is 100% 6-C. I agree with you 100% that the weapon Stormbreaker is at least 6-C.

The gap between Stormbreaker and Mjolnir shouldn't be large to the point where a casual and weakened Hela who could easily break Mjonir wouldn't be able to deal with Stormbreaker while literally at the location of her power source. My vote remains with Hela.
Hela Broke Mjolnir before Thor was awakened, and there he was High 7-C, not High 7-A like his post awakened key, so she probably stopped it effortlessly because Thor was that much weaker than her.

Also, Stormbreaker was a massive upgrade from Mjolnir in Infinity War, being able to easily block a blast from Thanos and mortally wound him with a single strike.
Mjolnir wasn't able to do the same thing when Captain America used it against Thanos in Endgame, so I would say that: Stormbreaker >> Thanos > Mjolnir.

While Awakened Thor was also overpowered by Hela, he did against her much better than he did against Thanos, in which he already had Stormbreaker by the time he fought him.

I would say Stormbreaker might just be able to give Thor the slight edge to win here

Hela Broke Mjolnir before Thor was awakened, and there he was High 7-C, not High 7-A like his post awakened key, so she probably stopped it effortlessly because Thor was that much weaker than her.

Also, Stormbreaker was a massive upgrade from Mjolnir in Infinity War, being able to easily block a blast from Thanos and mortally wound him with a single strike.
Mjolnir wasn't able to do the same thing when Captain America used it against Thanos in Endgame, so I would say that: Stormbreaker >> Thanos > Mjolnir.
It's not the stopping that I'm talking about, it's the breaking that I'm referring to. Mjonir's dura is Island level either way, so my point still stands.
While Awakened Thor was also overpowered by Hela, he did against her much better than he did against Thanos, in which he already had Stormbreaker by the time he fought him.
I mean, he landed more hits on Hela and managed to survive with no injury after being awakened, but he literally didn't even scratch Hela. The only thing he did to her was push her around and get her caught in some rubble.

Even despite Stormbreaker being stronger than Mjonir, Hela should still at least be around the same level, and given the fact that she's 1,000 years older than Thor (barring the time during her imprisonment), she should horribly outskill him still, especially considering she spent much of those 2,600 years of being a non-prisoner, as a war monger and battle warrior alongside Odin.

Even despite Stormbreaker being stronger than Mjonir, Hela should still at least be around the same level, and given the fact that she's 1,000 years older than Thor (barring the time during her imprisonment), she should horribly outskill him still, especially considering she spent much of those 2,600 years of being a non-prisoner, as a war monger and battle warrior alongside Odin.
I doubt Hela is as strong as Thanos with the complete Infinity Gauntlet, which Stormbreaker absolutely no selled an attack from it, mortally wounded Thanos effortlessly, and then decapitated him with ease

Fair point about her skill, but Stormbreaker gives Thor a MASSIVE boost in both skill and power, as he stated that him trying to fight Thanos without Stormbreaker would be a suicide, implying he has no chance to win against him, but with the hammer, Thor held his own very well against Thanos despite being overpowered and even managed to mortally wound him

Thor fought Hela without anything so him having Stormbreaker might be the one thing that help him win

I doubt Hela is as strong as Thanos with the complete Infinity Gauntlet, which Stormbreaker absolutely no selled an attack from it, mortally wounded Thanos effortlessly, and then decapitated him with ease
Infinity Gauntlet blasts vary in strength and the blast occurred just after he got the full gauntlet, so we don't necessarily know that was the best he could do, and he could've been underestimating the hammer considering he'd never seen it and it was pretty much just a clunk of metal thrown by a man he stomped a few days ago. Decapitation happened on the left side of his neck, which is visibly crippled and weakened to the point where he nearly died from the stone destruction injury that caused it.
Fair point about her skill, but Stormbreaker gives Thor a MASSIVE boost in both skill and power, as he stated that him trying to fight Thanos without Stormbreaker would be a suicide, implying he has no chance to win against him, but with the hammer, Thor held his own very well against Thanos despite being overpowered and even managed to mortally wound him
Maybe power, but I don't know where you got the skill part from.

Infinity Gauntlet blasts vary in strength and the blast occurred just after he got the full gauntlet, so we don't necessarily know that was the best he could do, and he could've been underestimating the hammer considering he'd never seen it and it was pretty much just a clunk of metal thrown by a man he stomped a few days ago. Decapitation happened on the left side of his neck, which is visibly crippled and weakened to the point where he nearly died from the stone destruction injury that caused it.

Maybe power, but I don't know where you got the skill part from.
He still just easily wounded Thor in his chest just before his snap, and that Thanos' famous quote "you should've gone to the head" very much implies that Thanos would've been killed if Thor would've aimed for Thanos' head instead of his chest

As for skill, Thor could somewhat match Thanos in combat despite Thanos being both stronger and more skilled than him without the hammer, and Thor would've stood no chance against Thanos without the hammer

I'm still not buying the skill argument. Thor was able to match Thanos in combat because he was able to close the strength gap. Nothing really indicates he gets a skill boost from SB.

This might be a bit closer than I originally thought but my vote remains with Hela due to Thor's lower dura, the AP gap between them not being too far off, and Hela outskilling.

Last edited:
anyways, Stombreaker Thor is still post Ragnarok Thor, and should have prior knowledge of Hela, giving him that advantage in combat.

Then this cannot be added. The Key is directly related to Thor being post ragnarok.
It's not though? The key being used here is Awakened Thor. That includes Thor from the events of late Ragnorok-Infinity War. All that's going on here is that he has stormbreaker with him. Nothing here makes this match invalid.

Back