• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor vs hela but Thor has the stormbreaker (GRACE)

It's not though? The key being used here is Awakened Thor. That includes Thor from the events of late Ragnorok-Infinity War. All that's going on here is that he has stormbreaker with him. Nothing here makes this match invalid.
You still haven't answered my question of why Hela > Thanos in such a way that Thor was able to fight equally with Thanos while previously being stomped without the hammer, but wouldn't be able to do the same against Hela despite having Stormbreaker

You still haven't answered my question of why Hela > Thanos in such a way that Thor was able to fight equally with Thanos while previously being stomped without the hammer, but wouldn't be able to do the same against Hela despite having Stormbreaker
I have though. Hela was unharmed by a weaponless awakened Thor too, just like Thanos. I even acknowledged that this match was closer than my initial belief. Hela wasn't even scratched by Thor in the slightest. She merely got pushed and caught under rubble, but sustained no notable harm. Based on what I've seen, the AP gap between stormbreaker and hela shouldn't be that large. Coupled with that, Hela's superior skill, and Thor's lower dura, I believe she takes this.

For the record, I feel like Hela's skill is being somewhat exaggerated. Sure she outclassed Thor in the throne room, but he was far weaker than her and still got some good hits in.

Plus later on the Bifrost, Thor kept up pretty well with her, and landed several attacks that would have been effective if he wasn't that much weaker than her.

For the record, I feel like Hela's skill is being somewhat exaggerated. Sure she outclassed Thor in the throne room, but he was far weaker than her and still got some good hits in.

Plus later on the Bifrost, Thor kept up pretty well with her, and landed several attacks that would have been effective if he wasn't that much weaker than her.
I think you're forgetting that Hela was immensely casual during that encounter for the most part. Once she realizes that Stormbreaker probably isn't a joke she'd start fighting seriously.

I have though. Hela was unharmed by a weaponless awakened Thor too, just like Thanos. I even acknowledged that this match was closer than my initial belief. Hela wasn't even scratched by Thor in the slightest. She merely got pushed and caught under rubble, but sustained no notable harm. Based on what I've seen, the AP gap between stormbreaker and hela shouldn't be that large. Coupled with that, Hela's superior skill, and Thor's lower dura, I believe she takes this.
Thor also could barely affect Thanos without the hammer, if at all, and he was able to turn the stomp with Stormbreaker.

I'm also pretty sure that Thor couldn't really keep with Hela not really because of skill (though that was a factor), but more due to being that much weaker than her even with his awakened form.

Thor was also able to keep her busy long enough for Loki to summon Surtur again so Hela could be defeated in the movie, so I'm pretty sure that again, the hammer will be able to turn the tides of the battle

Thor also could barely affect Thanos without the hammer, if at all, and he was able to turn the stomp with Stormbreaker.
Iirc, pretty much the entire fight with Hammerless Thor vs Thanos was offscreen. The only thing we see Thor doing on screen was attempting to hit him with a metal pipe.
I'm also pretty sure that Thor couldn't really keep with Hela not really because of skill (though that was a factor), but more due to being that much weaker than her even with his awakened form.
Again, she was in a rather laid back attitude and was reacting and parrying to a vast majority of his attacks. Most of his attacks she was actually evading, not just tanking and ignoring.
Thor was also able to keep her busy long enough for Loki to summon Surtur again so Hela could be defeated in the movie, so I'm pretty sure that again, the hammer will be able to turn the tides of the battle
Thor with the assistance of Valkyrie. Hela was mainly just throwing them aside and ensuring that the ship didn't leave. If you rewatch it you can see that she wasn't constantly combatting Thor, she was mainly just dodging and tossing them aside.

I think you're forgetting that Hela was immensely casual during that encounter for the most part. Once she realizes that Stormbreaker probably isn't a joke she'd start fighting seriously.
True, but she could simply be killed before she realizes such a thing. Afterall even if she realized the significance of Stormbreaker, she might not realize how powerful it is, since the other Asgardian weapons like Gungnir and Mjolnir were no real threat to her in Thor's hands, resulting in her being hit with the weapon, just like she was hit by Gungnir, potentially killed her.

Yeah, that's another thing. Since she broke Mjolnir before, she wouldn't really think that Stormbreaker is any different, which likely lead to her underestimating Thor in the battle. Thor would only require one good hit with Stormbreaker to either mortally wound her, or just kill her outright, and by the time Hela would realize Thor would actually be a threat with the hammer, it'll likely be too late as he would already hit her. Especially since he can control the hammer from afar

I don't think it's safe to assume that Hela would just be one shot like that. Again, While Stormbreaker is stronger than Mjolnir, Cap and Thor swap it around like there isn't too huge of a difference between the two aside from their size, and both utterly clown and make a fool out of Thanos (Stormbreaker mortally wounding him and Mjonir tossing him around like a feathered pillow). And again, Hela easily crushed Mjonir just after being released from imprisonment while being heavily weakened from her usual self in Asgard.

Anyways, I don't think I'll be responding to this thread any further as I feel I've made my argument. I'll just let people vote this out.

I don't think it's safe to assume that Hela would just be one shot like that. Again, While Stormbreaker is stronger than Mjolnir, Cap and Thor swap it around like there isn't too huge of a difference between the two aside from their size, and both utterly clown and make a fool out of Thanos (Stormbreaker mortally wounding him and Mjonir tossing him around like a feathered pillow). And again, Hela easily crushed Mjonir just after being released from imprisonment while being heavily weakened from her usual self in Asgard.

Anyways, I don't think I'll be responding to this thread any further as I feel I've made my argument. I'll just let people vote this out.
Eh, you can't really compare Stormbreaker to Mjolnir against Thanos' army, when they're fodder to both weapons anyway, it's like saying a nuke and a gun are comparable, since they can both eradicate a fly. Not to mentiin Hela dosen't always try to destroy her opponent's weapon, Gungnir, Valkyrie's sword and the various other weapons used against her come to mind. Either way, nice debating with you (even if I only but in late into the affair).

Back