• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he literally throws Mjolnir from Asgard to Midgard all the time. Shit he did that to kill a fodder once.
Thor and Mjolnir would be equalized to 200x FTL, so travelling universal distances would take millions of years.

Also, this would be extremely dodge-able for someone like Garou like huh. He would immediately take notice of it interplanetary distances away and just predict its trajectory to aim-dodge it. That'd be easy.

The fact that Garou can't sense Thor from the range from which Thor can attack.
??? The attack itself still has to enter his range of senses? Wdym

The panel in the image you linked shows it to be a projectile.
Literally where? There is no projectile, the life force is being absorbed into Thor's hammer.
HtpKDcZ_d.webp

I hate you sometimes lol
And I never said Garou is mimicking the attack my having it himself. I said he's adopting the power of the attack onto himself. 2 different techniques that Garou has.
The 100x figure comes from Thor's magic.

Thor and Mjolnir would be equalized to 200x FTL, so travelling universal distances would take millions of years.

Also, this would be extremely dodge-able for someone like Garou like huh. He would immediately take notice of it interplanetary distances away and just predict its trajectory to aim-dodge it. That'd be easy.

??? The attack itself still has to enter his range of senses? Wdym
@LordGinSama

Speed is equalized, so even if Thor somehow managed to get a universal distance away from Garou, his attacks would take so long that he would end up BFRing himself before they even got close to hitting him.

Also, if Thor did something like throwing a hammer, it still has to go towards Garou to hit him. There's no reason that Garou couldn't dodge it once it's close to him. It's not like it's completely invisible or undetectable or too fast for him.

Meanwhile, Garou is the one that has portal attacks which he can use to spam punches that instantly land on Thor's body. Which is completely in-character. Nothing stops him from just copying his AP and hitting him everywhere while he's busy closing distance.

I’ve been told plenty of times by staff that speed equalization doesn’t remove the speed you could normally travel (relative to the space around you, like getting places) or send stuff to. Specifically so stuff like an Infinite speed character doesn’t lose for being sent a few light years away or something when they should be able to come back literally instantly. Though if that isn’t a rule currently I’ll want to make a thread on that later. Because Thor losing because he can’t travel a distance he normally can in seconds is goofy to say the least. Though it’s stupidly late for me, I just wanted to point this out. If I should make a thread on it I will.

Plus there is some attack speed stuff in speed equalization, but I can’t find the page right now so I will talk about that later.

You guys should remember that radiation isn’t gonna effect Thor the way it effected the humans.

Thor has resistance to radiation, even if it’s not the amount of Garou’s gamma ray burst, having a greater level resistance weakens the effect of Garou’s radiation.

If Thor can say take the levels of radiation from stars or black holes or whatever, then he’s not gonna be instantly dropped by the radiation Garou’s giving out even if it is greater than Thor’s level of resistance.

You guys should remember that radiation isn’t gonna effect Thor the way it effected the humans.

Thor has resistance to radiation, even if it’s not the amount of Garou’s gamma ray burst, having a greater level resistance weakens the effect of Garou’s radiation.

If Thor can say take the levels of radiation from stars or black holes or whatever, then he’s not gonna be instantly dropped by the radiation Garou’s giving out even if it is greater than Thor’s level of resistance.
A Gamma Ray Burst releases 80 billion of grays worth of radiation.

For comparison, Garou's normal radiation aura is like 80 grays. That's a difference of 1 billion times.

If you can find the radiation value of a star's core, then we can start comparing. But if not, then you have to go with the assumption that Garou's radiation overpowers his resistance because there's nothing to suggest otherwise.

I’ve been told plenty of times by staff that speed equalization doesn’t remove the speed you could normally travel (relative to the space around you, like getting places) or send stuff to. Specifically so stuff like an Infinite speed character doesn’t lose for being sent a few light years away or something when they should be able to come back literally instantly. Though if that isn’t a rule currently I’ll want to make a thread on that later. Because Thor losing because he can’t travel a distance he normally can in seconds is goofy to say the least. Though it’s stupidly late for me, I just wanted to point this out. If I should make a thread on it I will.

Plus there is some attack speed stuff in speed equalization, but I can’t find the page right now so I will talk about that later.
That's only if a page properly lists its different speed values. Thor's doesn't. So we assume all his speeds (travel, combat, reaction) are Massively FTL+ scaling to what's listed. Garou is 600x FTL, and we scale them back to the slower character. So Thor becomes 600x FTL.

Thor's page also doesn't list a different attack speed, so we can't use that either.

Ok after approximately 1 google search…yeah Thor’s never gonna be dropped by Garou’s radiation.

For one…dude’s fought Godzilla.
main-qimg-001ccadee169135e72a21a8755d3ed6c-pjlq

Nuff said.

Two…he’s also fought a guy whose name is “…radioactive man….”
JnSpIzJ.jpg

So uh…yeah I think Thor’s gonna be fine against the radiation.

Ok after approximately 1 google search…yeah Thor’s never gonna be dropped by Garou’s radiation.

For one…dude’s fought Godzilla.
main-qimg-001ccadee169135e72a21a8755d3ed6c-pjlq

Nuff said.

Two…he’s also fought a guy whose name is “…radioactive man….”
JnSpIzJ.jpg

So uh…yeah I think Thor’s gonna be fine against the radiation.
That doesn't give me any solid values at all.

We treat this the same way we treat fire. We have to find exact temperatures for one's fire and the other's fire resistance.

If someone has 100 million degree fire, you can't just say "this guy fought "fire man" so he resist it"

That's only if a page properly lists its different speed values. Thor's doesn't. So we assume all his speeds (travel, combat, reaction) are Massively FTL+ scaling to what's listed. Garou is 600x FTL, and we scale them back to the slower character. So Thor becomes 600x FTL.

Thor's page also doesn't list a different attack speed, so we can't use that either.
You missed my point with the first one. I mean that I’ve been told if a character becomes “slower” (technically), they don’t actually lose the ability to cross distances they should be able to travel normally. They just are the same speed in relation to the other character, but not when it comes to going places and stuff like that. I guess that’ll need to be a thread. But it makes no sense to me that speed equalization has it that characters just lose a large swath of movability for no reason at all. Like that means multiple characters can’t even perform some of their basic attacks like Mai and others because they lose the speed to perform some of their set ups, and infinite speed character can be defeated because they were thrown a mile away or something. It makes no sense to me. I get why speed equalization has to be a bit finicky with the opponent, but Thor is literally losing to the environment here.

You missed my point with the first one. I mean that I’ve been told if a character becomes “slower” (technically), they don’t actually lose the ability to cross distances they should be able to travel normally.
Again that only applies if a page actually lists someone's normal "travel speed," Thor's doesn't.

You’re missing my point again, I’m not talking about the equalization multiplier that reduces everything equally. I’m specifically talking about how Thor now can’t go to a place he can easily absolutely go to because of a sheer hiccup on the concept of speed equalization rather than from any fault of his own.

You’re missing my point again, I’m not talking about the equalization multiplier that reduces everything equally. I’m specifically talking about how Thor now can’t go to a place he can easily absolutely go to because of a sheer hiccup on the concept of speed equalization rather than from any fault of his own.
Even if he was able to go a universal distance away (for some reason) it's pretty irrelevant to the debate. He couldn't perform any attacks with Mjolnir because Mjolnir would take millions of years to travel to Garou at speed equalized velocity.

Anyway, if you're going to continue this line of debate you'd probably need a CRT.

The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

I’m specifically saying I’m not referring to that multiplier part, I know that part, I’m talking about something else. I don’t know how to make that clearer. But I will just make a thread on it later. I wish I could make it earlier, but poor timing for life stuff.

Well, this is the first versus thread I've entered in months.

It's not on Thor's profile yet, but he can also adapt and increase his strength based on need. I'll look towards making a CRT to add it. How would that affect this?
It would just give Garou more juice to pull from since he can copy any increase in stats instantly.

And Garou would still be the one growing faster since he has better feats of growth than Thor does.

Like going from 7-C to 7-A, 7-A to High 6-A, and then growing exponentially with Saitama.

It would just give Garou more juice to pull from since he can copy any increase in stats instantly.

And Garou would still be the one growing faster since he has better feats of growth than Thor does.

Like going from 7-C to 7-A, 7-A to High 6-A, and then growing exponentially with Saitama.
Except based on mapping that to Thor's feats, Thor could just switch to his High 3-A rating because he "needs" it to beat Garou, and Garou has no feats of being able to copy infinite energy.

Except based on mapping that to Thor's feats, Thor could just switch to his High 3-A rating because he "needs" it to beat Garou, and Garou has no feats of being able to copy infinite energy.
Nothing above 3-C is allowed in this match.

Thor vs Radiation

This one is relatively simple actually, Thor has something called "immortals molecules", in short unlike the molecules of a normal person's Thor's are immortal and uneffected by things that would otherwise freeze, deconstruct or effect normal molecules. His molecules, much like himself are immortal, even ignoring having them targeted by transmutation. Radiation quite literally does not effect him for this reason.

It's another reason why people such as Radioactive Man are unable to effect him. Radioactive Man being the same dude who can absorb an infinite amount of radiation to use himself. Or people such as Sergei Krylov, who's radiation can effect literal dimensions. His radiation cannot be measured. The same dude that's made out of pure radiation, Thor has no issues in dealing with.

Radiation has zero effect on Thor.

What happens if Thor drops his hammer on Garou, in case he thinks he could move it and use it against Thor, he wouldn't be able to move it

Thor vs Radiation

This one is relatively simple actually, Thor has something called "immortals molecules", in short unlike the molecules of a normal person's Thor's are immortal and uneffected by things that would otherwise freeze, deconstruct or effect normal molecules. His molecules, much like himself are immortal, even ignoring having them targeted by transmutation. Radiation quite literally does not effect him for this reason.

It's another reason why people such as Radioactive Man are unable to effect him. Radioactive Man being the same dude who can absorb an infinite amount of radiation to use himself. Or people such as Sergei Krylov, who's radiation can effect literal dimensions. His radiation cannot be measured. The same dude that's made out of pure radiation, Thor has no issues in dealing with.

Radiation has zero effect on Thor.
This is fair, yeah. I'm convinced.

Now we can get on with the rest of the debate, since radiation ain't the end of it.

Thor can also just cancel out Garou's method of warping since the dude can shatter the laws of space time. Thor can cancel Garou's method of teleportation, leaving Thor the only one who can teleport.

What's Garou's answer to Thor busting out the life Absorbtion? That definitely seems like a valid wincon since there's nothing for Garou to dodge.

Thor can also just cancel out Garou's method of warping since the dude can shatter the laws of space time. Thor can cancel Garou's method of teleportation, leaving Thor the only one who can teleport.
Does he cancel teleportation or portals? The two are distinct. Garou uses subspace portals to teleport.

Also, is his power nullification in-character? On the page it also says "Can negate mystic forcefields and certain types of intangibility, and has anti-magic.[15]"

This doesn't seem to extend to Garou's abilities.
@LordGinSama

Speed is equalized, so even if Thor somehow managed to get a universal distance away from Garou, his attacks would take so long that he would end up BFRing himself before they even got close to hitting him.

Also, if Thor did something like throwing a hammer, it still has to go towards Garou to hit him. There's no reason that Garou couldn't dodge it once it's close to him. It's not like it's completely invisible or undetectable or too fast for him.

Meanwhile, Garou is the one that has portal attacks which he can use to spam punches that instantly land on Thor's body. Which is completely in-character. Nothing stops him from just copying his AP and hitting him everywhere while he's busy closing distance.

Does he cancel teleportation or portals? The two are distinct. Garou uses subspace portals to teleport.
Neither, he just shatters the laws of space-time. He can also shatter them via vacuums.
Also, is his power nullification in-character? On the page it also says "Can negate mystic forcefields and certain types of intangibility, and has anti-magic.[15]"
It's not him nullifying things.
This doesn't seem to extend to Garou's abilities.
It doesn't, that was never my argument. That's separate from him shattering space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back