• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor (Toaru) Upgrade

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
i'm seeking more Opinions on whether Thor (To Aru) should scale to Silvia in terms of AP

This has been discussed a bit in the To Aru Threads and i'd like to see what others make of it.

You can read the arguments for and against here and also here

And i'll post some relevant quotes here:

"I suppose I should introduce myself as the Lightning God Thor. I am in charge of direct combat for Gremlin."

He was Thor.

He was referred to as the god of thunder, he was especially skilled in direct combat even for a member of Gremlin, and he was their representative combat member.

He had the destructive power needed to wage a war all on his own.

Silvia the Saint looked at Thor's right hand with a surprised expression. Arc fusion blades stretched over 20 meters from his five fingers. Even at that level, it was unclear just how powerful an Electromaster of the science side would be needed to duplicate it.

Yet a clear look of astonishment could be seen on Silvia's face.

Of all of Gremlin and all the Saints, she was the woman who was always standing closest to Ollerus. And yet this level of power was enough to make her look astonished.

She had that much power herself.

"Basically, I want power. There is a limit to what you can obtain training on your own, but you start to find the opponents available to you growing very limited once you reach a certain level. …I can think of a few people who are stronger than me, but fighting them could easily end up destroying an entire city or an entire country. That would leave a bad taste in my mouth. It's been hard finding a way to meet the requirements for the next step."

"Try to be a little more imaginative." Thor shook his bloody right hand while smiling. "I'm known as an almighty god right now, y'know? If Othinus hadn't gouged out her eye, I'd be leading Gremlin. You need to widen your view if you want to talk about me.

I think you can scale him if you mean his electric abilities and such but not really so much his strength since Silvia outclasses him

Strength as in fist fighting? yeah Thor is a bit weird like that.

Silvia commented on him being the type to have strength but not turn it into speed. Thor also thought his arm would get destroyed if he tried to stop one of her punches so yeah.

I fine this resasonable enough, I reviewed this before hand and I think Aizens proposal makes sense, given the fact that Silvia states Thor is someone on her level so it's unreasonable to say he does not scal to her in AP, however given what lord aizen said above his speed maybe doesn't scale but who knows maybe he just doesn't know how truly strong he is and Silvia recognized it so I support the upgrade

If Silvia is impressed by Thor's powers and compares him to herself, I find it reasonable for Thor to scale to Silvia.

I also support scaling Thor to Silvia, I was just unsure if the comparison Silvia made would be enough, but it seems to be valid to others. That would only mean scaling his arc blades with Mjolnir's support though, his physical strength and speed are ok.

Back