• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This is calc stacking right?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I'm sure this is Calc Stacking but I just wanted to know for sure.

Danny Phantom is 8-A and his Ghostly Wail is Low 6-B because it can harm the likes of Dan Phantom who is superior to Vortex who is Low 6-B.

Would using the gap of Danny and his Ghostly Wail to see how strong Dan's Ghostly Wail is from his base be Calc Stacking?.

This probably won't get accepted anyways, but i'm curious, how strong would Dan Ghostly Wail if this was the case?

Again, not to say it would be accepted or anything but I want to know

@UltimateFlare

I don't know how strong it would be.

Danny's AP

Vortex's AP

Whatever the distance between Danny's and Vortex's AP is, would be the same distance between Dan's AP and his own Ghostly Wail. Considering Dan is at least as powerful as Vortex.

I don't think it would be calc stacking but I would be reluctant to accept it regardless.

@Andytrenom

And why is that?. Dan's Ghostly Wail is just like Danny's. It's far superior to his normal self. Literally everything about Dan is higher than Danny. Strength, Durability, Speed, All his abilites are far more developed. Danny just learned the Ghostly Wail before Dan because it was brought out through desperation while Dan trained and unlocked it.

Not only that but Dan is Danny. All of Danny's powers come from his ghost half. Dan is Danny plus Vlad's ghost half fused together with 10 years of growth. I don't really see why his Ghostly Wail would have become weaker than the Danny's when they are not only the same move but they are from the same person. One is just vastly stronger than the other.

It actually is calc stacking or, more specifically, against the rule that multipliers can not be reasoned, only stated.

16.412e21/3.087e12 = 5316488500.16 times more powerful.

16.412e21*5316488500.16 = 8.7254209E+31 joules for Dan's supposed AP

But, like, I really doubt you have any direct character statements / WOG statements that actually back up that this power multiplies Danny's/Dan's base like this. But its cool to theorize. XD

@Lord Because you cannot allow huge tier jumps like these through a hypothetical multiplier alone.

If a character has a multiplier that bumps him from 8-C to 5-B. And he he uses it again in that 5-B state then he won't be taken to go above 5-B. Maybe that doesn't make much sense but it's how it is

@Don I know better than to argue Calculation policy with you but, should this really be calc stacking? It seems more of a multiplier issue to me which I believe is a separate thing.

@Andy

My apologies, I misread the multiplier. Thought it would only brought him into the 6-B range.

However you example doesn't really fit the situation. 8-C to 5-B is far bigger gap than Low 6-B+ to Low 5-B. Not only that it doesn't take into account that it's a move that's already showen to be orders of magnitudes greater than his base and doesn't scale to his normal AP and doesn't scale to anyone else.

The only real issue here is Calc Stacking which I assumed but wasn't 100% on. DontTalkDT just confirmed it. Regardless, I'll close this given it's calc stacking (using the difference between Danny's calc and Vortex's calc to try and get Dan's Ghostly Wail AP) and I don't wish to argue about multipliers even if I think it's not an issue here, others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back