• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Things missing from Death's profile.

Udlmaster

They/Them
Summary

There's a bunch of powers missing from Death's profile which is fairly disheartening when the series is rather funny and interesting.

I mean, what isn't interesting about a world carried by 4 Elephants standing atop a giant Turtle with a sun orbiting it.

Things That need to be added
Firstly: Acausality (Type 1), in Soul Music Death's granddaughter takes over his place as Death while he tries to figure out how to forget things, to figure out what to do about someone kept alive by Music she visits a Death in the past where she asks "Won't this cause a paradox?" And Death responds "Not for us".

Secondly; Immeasurable speed, Binkie, Death's steed, was stated to "Move in any dimension" and Death's Granddaughter responses "Even through time!" And that is how she visits the Death in the past, to back this up, Death states Infinity is "Blue from the Outside" meaning he's travelled outside the Universe.

Nigh-Omniscience, While Drunk Death states he has such a good memory that he remembers things that have yet to happen and knows "all the terrible things that will happen" and that he "remembers everything".

Life Manipulation, Death was able to gift his Son-in-Law an extended life.

Metal Manipulation, Death's Granddaughter with the powers of Death was able to animate a Sword to chase an assassin.

I am leaning to agree but I would need some need links or texts, or scans for evidence.

Elizhaa said:
I am leaning to agree but I would need some need links or texts, or scans for evidence.
Sure,

Death says he remembers things that haven't happened.

Death should also have BFR as he banished his Son in law and his daughter with a wave of his hand in the same scene he extends his Son in laws life and talks about how he is not bound by paradoxes

Binkie (and this should extend to Death and his Granddaugher while she has his powers) is stated to be able to travel in any dimension including time.

Death has seen "Infinity from the Outside" which would require some form of Immeasurable speed to go faster than infinity.

I think everything is fine. I was iffy on Metal Manipulation because it sounded like life manipulation from the Animation text but I found the proof.

Metal manipulation sounds more like telekinesis, but the other additions are probably fine.

Antvasima said:
Metal manipulation sounds more like telekinesis, but the other additions are probably fine.
Also, Death and some of the humans should have Subjective Reality, where they can both travel to Realities which aren't real, such as a Child's painting and with enough belief, creating places, beings and Gods.

This is the plot of the Hogfather.

Also, Death is missing Type 5 Immortality, even though Susan's profile has this Immortality based on Death's powers.

I've also revamped the main page for Discworld, I'll prepare the powers to be added to Death.

Somethign else he's missing is Abstract Existence, as the personification of Death, he definately should have this.

Also, Death should have asorption and Duplication.

In Reaper Man, when Death left his post multiple new Deaths came into existence, including Death's like "Death of Microganisms" and at the end of the Book, Death Absorbed all the other Deaths (Which implies Conceptual Absorption/Manipulation)

Thanks. Is there anything left to do here then?

Antvasima said:
Thanks. Is there anything left to do here then?
I'll leave it open as a Discussion thread in case people find more things the Verse as a whole is missing.

Well, we should usually leave that sort of thing for other revision threads.

Back