• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

There's no in simulation Cueball

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Yep, I'm trying to revise this character once again 4 years after the last attempt.

So this is about Cueball.
This is the entirety of source material his profile is based on. There is nothing to know about him beyond this one comic page.

I will keep the revision really short this time: There is no such things is an in-simulation Cueball. Look at the comic. At no point does he appear in his stone-based computer simulation himself. There is no avatar of himself or anything.
Therefore it kinda makes no sense to have an 'in simulation' key.

So the two keys should be made into one. He is an immortal who can make a stone-based computer simulation of a universe.
The remaining question is if we then want to rank him as an immortal that can make a stone-based computer simulation of a lesser reality (10-B) or take the universe he simulates as baseline and rank him as an immortal being for which a regular universe is mere patterns in rows of stone (i.e. fiction) which would make him Tier Low 2-C probably.

So which option would you guys go for? The 10-B or the Low 2-C one?

One question why does he have definitive existence erasure because him misplacing a rock causes dust to vanish. You see the profile says “from existence” but the comic itself only states its from your “vision” which could mean its disappearance is a multitude of factors, with all of them being assumptions. So whilst it may be existence erasure there’s no definitive evidence. Its all speculative.

Also why does he have time manipulation? Not against the notion of him having it i just wanna understand the reasoning.

One question why does he have definitive existence erasure because him misplacing a rock causes dust to vanish. You see the profile says “from existence” but the comic itself only states its from your “vision” which could mean its disappearance is a multitude of factors, with all of them being assumptions. So whilst it may be existence erasure there’s no definitive evidence. Its all speculative.

Also why does he have time manipulation? Not against the notion of him having it i just wanna understand the reasoning.
I think it's extrapolation based on the fact that it is a simulation.
If he would not simulate something then it would stop existing in the simulation.
And since he needs to finish lying down his rocks for things to happen in the simulation, time doesn't pass as long as he doesn't finish, which could be interpreted as time manipulation.

I think it's extrapolation based on the fact that it is a simulation.
If he would not simulate something then it would stop existing in the simulation.
But when he misplaces a rock he is indeed places it, just not in the right area. So if placing = creation then uncreation would mean not placing it. But he DOES place it, just not in the correct format. What would this entail? Existence erasure, or a multitude of other things that cause it to blip from someones vision.

As for time manipulation, thats fair thanks for clarifiying.

But when he misplaces a rock he is indeed places it, just not in the right area. So if placing = creation then uncreation would mean not placing it. But he DOES place it, just not in the correct format. What would this entail? Existence erasure, or a multitude of other things that cause it to blip from someones vision.
Technically where the rock is placed doesn't correspond to where the particle is. What he is doing is use stones to do what a computer does.
So a misplaced stone is like a 1 being not where it is supposed to be in computer memory. A bug in the code like that could have all kinds of consequences in a video game.
Given, it's not necessarily about making a dust particle disappear. He could simply change a line in the code so that certain objects don't exist anymore.

If that's too speculative I would personally fine with removing it, though.

Bumping for interest, although, I'm unsure what conclusion to support or why.
(Also, meanwhile, I'm just pondering all the other "Cueballs" in XKCD who, aside from sharing an image, & possibly a general personality of naivety/lack of knowledge, are uncertainly similar to one another.)

bump

We have 1 person for 10-B until now.

10-B is best, the "lesser reality" isn't portrayed in a significant manner for it to be rated as tier 2 per reality equalization, IMO.

So.....uhhhhh, ohhhh......what about his Information Manipution, i think type 1, but it seem it could be type 2, or even both

He manipulates the lesser reality as computer data, which should be type 2.
Don't see a reason for type 1.

Alright, if nobody has a problem with this, then I will apply the discussed changes with the 10-B version.

Back