• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread to end 'em all.

I can't see a reason to agree with 4-C. However, the reason I haven't been active here is I do want to look into the original Japanese language version; There could be notable dialogue differences, I assume, especially given 4Kids's often drastic changes. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the will/time to do so. Does anyone have a link to a Japanese dialogue English subs version of the episode?

@Dragopenting: I would see her as reliable for the fact that the stars are apparently disappearing & that she never appears in any other scene; She clearly serves no other purpose than for the writers to exposit, so I'd take what she says at face value. It's just rather vague is the problem.

Also, while I'm pretty sure it wouldn't get anywhere close to Tier 4, Leviathan has been gathering power while dormant. So I'm pondering.... If it is making the light from stars not visible, what if it's absorbing the light that normally makes them visible from Earth? Might be a notable feat. Not that important, though, & somewhat constrained given a star's output is only like, somewhere in Tier 6, & there's only so many stars visible from Earth.

I'll be blunt, I doubt Leviathan covering the light and causing an eclipse would get anything incredible. None of these feats warrant anything above 5-A with what's been said, and this is just more consistency to that if you want to argue for Leviathan causing an eclipse like Zorc was capable of.

Other than that, I'll be calcing this. Some scaling for lower tier monsters, could be consistent with the 6-C storm that Thunder Giant was able to make.

@Sixo Bullets: Well, something lower might be consistent for Leviathan, seeing as it already has a 5-C storm feat.

Possibly. Leviathan (sort of) did the 5-C feat on its own. But given that Dartz stole the Egyptian Gods cards at the start of the arc & Leviathan was feeding on them through most of it such that when Yugi got them back they were "mostly powerless"....

....Given all that, I'd think Leviathan would be 5-A with the Gods' power. Or a very high 5-B, given it might not have absorbed all of it, & they're barely 5-A in the first place.

Since it probably had their power when it awakened & did the 5-C feat, Leviathan might not be 5-C on its own. Should we attribute that to Leviathan's own power?

I'm not sure if it versus the Gods gives it basis to scale, given Leviathan got weakened & the Gods were powered up when they destroyed its physical form.

And it DID wreck Kaiba's Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. Milennium World would say BEUD is comparable to Zorc, but that BEUD was one of many monsters made real by the Orichalcos (Maybe that's a reason to scale?) & didn't have Kisara or Priest Seto's spirits powering it. MAYBE Kaiba's.

I'm not sure about assuming the Orichalcos arc BEUD is comparable to the Milennium World BEUD, given their differing means of being "real".

@Imag

I don't find the girl to be reliable though as we didn't see the feat happening on screen and whatever or not the stars were actually disappearing or not will be the question if you look at that scene more close fully and watched it to the end throughly too.

@Six

Using a video made by fan regarding Yugioh though is using a fan theory that isn't exactly accurate to the letter. I don't recall Yugioh DM, Yugioh GX, and 5DS to be seperate timelines given how they are the one and the same timeline. The later series though are spin off series that has no correlation to the other series and quite frankly didn't mention to being a multiverse at all.

Edit: I mean scans. My bad as I mistaken it for something else from a different channel.

However, this is not related to the topic at hand.

Never mind as I make a mistake there, but still using one Rebecca Hawkins to confirm the existence of being a multiverse isn't exactly a good one as she literally stated there has been many theories relating to the subject (the multi verse one obviously) something that isn't confirmed by the setting of the Yugioh original series itself and thus can be considered a speculation relating to this matter.

I wasn't even using this as a feat. I outright stated that. This is kind of irrelevant and it wouldn't be debunked by "it is a theory" because there's multiple multiverses statements which aren't just "theories" in the verse. This is derailing so it's not important.

Back