• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread to end 'em all.

I have returned. And in honor of all the time ive been waiting for this, i shall finally bring justice to the *severely* downplayed Anime Yugioh profiles. I shall prove universal Manga Yugi on a later date.

This assumes that both Season 4, Pyramid of Light and Pocket Monsters are canon. I shall also reference some blogs done by fellow Yugioh fans on this site that have been wrongfully eliminated imo. But for now, let us begin.

CAPSULE MONSTERS Based on this complete blog done by Rapid, a friend of mine, several feats for Yugi, Joey and even Grampa are shown.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:RapidMotorcycle19/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Capsule_Monsters

You might want to read it, but, it includes attack reflection, multiple methods of flight, sealing, mental attack reflection, Superhuman strenght, light, dark, summoning in both the real world and in the "capsule monsters" realm since Yugi keeps the Capsule Launcher on his arm in the real world and in the arena where he fights Alexander the great. It also includes two very major feats - Shadii creates an pocket dimension no different than those in Persona 5 where it creates multiple solar systems which would scale to Yugi for being a Millenium Item User. (4-A) And Grampa, Joey and Tristan dodge a beam of light multiple times even after it was already fired, which is Relativistic to FTL movement and reaction times.

SEASON 4 Kyle Ramos here explained most of what i am about to propose for Yugi, Kaiba and Joey.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2555932

Quick summary Duel Monsters are 100% real in the real world, the effects are too and all argument otherwise is flat out debunked and dumb. As shown in the comments, Leviathan is supposed to be weaker than Zorc yet we are currently calculating Blue Eyes white dragon as 5-A from attacking Zorc when Ultimate Blue eyes did nothing to leviathan even when combined with other 2 strong monsters.

No monster requires to actually follow the summoning conditions, Kaiba can summon ultimate blue eyes like that if he wants to.

Yugi used multiply ( a CARD EFFECT) on his legendary knight, which multiplied his strenght by 10,000x. Ten thousand times 5-A is around low tier 4. And it still was not enough to even damage leviathan, this scales to every single card on his deck as real hax and it can be used on the opponent as a monster, not another duelist.

Yugi resisted absorbtion, sealed Leviathan into himself, and the weakened God Cards are strong to defeat Levaithan, so this is already a full on upgrade to the god cards, Zorc and of course, Yugi's raw AP.

Yami's spirit can fly and command the gods on his own without needing to be in Yugi's body.

Season 5 The final episodes show the season 4 biker gang, which reconfirms their canonicity in the animeverse.

Do not forget Destiny Draw that automatically gives Yugi probability manipulation. He wills any card he wants onto his hand. Pyramid of Light Pre-Season 4, Yugi uses Shining Dragon's effect to destroy any card on the field to destroy anubis, which was considered as a duelist as a monster. Instant kill just like Thousand Knives and other cards.

In conclusion. Yugi is severely downplayed and now, it is time to finally make him justice.

At last, season 4 flat out confirms that the tiering should at least be in low tier 4 with the Gods and Yugi's 10,000x Knight, alongside Anime Kaiba and Anime Joey pages.

Also, the power scaling is indeed direct. Pyramid of Light -> Season 4 (Low tier 4) -> Capsule Monsters (4-A) ->Season 5.

Also. I want to give all of those that fell on the time this was posted some honors.

Specially Rapid and Kyle. I miss you two.

Well, I am the wrong person to evaluate this. I don't know almost anything about Yu-Gi-Oh!

Like was said last time, both Pyramid of Light and Capsule Monsters were made by 4Kids, not Konami or any affliates. They're basically non-canon to the non-canon like the 4kids dub itself. The latter hasn't even been released in Japa.

I'm also pretty sure we already went over that the reason everything is real in season 4 is because of the magic of Dartz. And like I said before, I have no problem with treating Dartz' monsters as real (I'm surprised no one made a profile for him yet.)

Yeah, no. The NAS anime covers 4kidz content as well since its the NAS Anime, even then, the armors alone make it fairly reasonable for a 4kids Yugi profile to be made.

Regardless, there is the Pyramid of Light novel that was written by the japanese screenplay director for Konami which also states Shining Dragon insta killed Anubis.

--- And you are flat out wrong about season 4. The duel monsters world is a different dimension that exists far before Dartz and dark magician girl still exists evem after leviathan is defeated.

Not to mention that there is no logical reason why would dartz share his real monster magic with the heroes nor the "fake" monsters hurting the 100% true leviathan that was attacking then physically and even tried to absorb Yugi, Kaiba and Joey

Sorry, but i solemnly disagree with everything you said about season 4 and i think you should watch the battle again (the links to the threads that have the links to the episodes and timeframes are on the op.)

https://youtu.be/EC4Pc_hyp88

Sorry, but 4kids Yugi has very, very different powers and abilities than his regulsr japanese anime counterpart and manga.

The saint seiya armor and various summons/real life magic is enough to be beyond doubt different anf unique. (4kids Yugi also scales to Japanese Season 4 and Pyramid of Light movie, of course.)

Hell, it is flat out shown that the 100% true leviathan was absorbing power from the God *CARDS* directly to be reborn.

Go ahead and make a thread regarding making profiles for dubs.

In case you forgot (Or weren't there) the novel actually explains it explicitly as it was stated by Yugi and Kaiba that the monsters were still real ala shadow games, even after the duel was over rather than them always being alive. Here's the link, its near the end.

There was also the debate that nothing actually links the novel to either the anime or manga, similar to how the yugioh mangas (For GX, 5Ds, etc) aren't connected to anything that we know of. Again, there is nothing stopping you from making a novel profile tho, of course you would have to say real via shadow games that somehow extended beyond the duel, kinda making it non-combat applicable if even Yugi didn't know how it happened.

...What does the duel monster world prove again? We already knew all the monsters were real, just that the duelists normally can't summon their real-life versions. (Rather they're restricted by Kaiba's tech)

Literally the beginning of the arc revolves around Dartz spreading havoc across the world by making the monsters real. I could get you a plot summary if needed. .

Some thoughts.

Been in all the threads, a lot of the current Yugioh pages are missing info and these threads really haven't done much to help that. We still don't have a page for Jonouchi and the Kaiba page still hasn't been remade.

if you wanna talk Durability for any of the characters they scale to Joey taking lighting strikes and both Yugi and Joey survivng attacks from Ra. Thats tier 8 likely at minimum for for most characters.

In the Duel with Odion and Joey, Official Subtitles Kaiba claims the Solid Vision has some sort of realism simulator for damage taken/dealt. Don't remember the specifics of it.

A lot of the previous threads considered Capsule Monsters to be its own seperate canon. And that only the novelized version of Pyramid of Light is the canon version to the anime.

Every time someone brought up Yugi's deck creating its own space time and Super Poly fusing 12 dimensions the thread went into bad arguements. I'd argue saving discussions on that until the bottom tiers can be sorted out.

• Okay from now on, we will be talking about season 4 *
  • I was not there. But, it does not change the fact that Shining Dragon himself still insta killed anubis. But sure, lets say it is not valid to make it canon to (japanese) anime yugi for now.
  • the duel monster world proves a lot, actually. Int he final battle, *all* of the duel monsters attack Dartz at once, and still does very little damage, just like the monsters Yugi, Kaiba and Joey summoned.
It is flat out shown that the monsters the heroes summon are real and stagger Leviathan just like the DM world ones do. They are not fake. Also, Yugi uses multiply (a spell card) to multiply his knight's power by 10,000x. To hurt Leviathan a bit more than Ultimate Blue eyes ever could even with help.

• It does not contradict the final battle nor the end of the arc at all, since the monsters were already real before dartz could do anything. He only was beinging the monsters from the DM world to the real one. And the heroes can summon those minsters too as shown in the battle.
I suggest you rewatch the episodes i linked above, since you seem to be implying that the monsters summoned by Yugi, Kaiba and Joey did nothing at all to the 100% real leviathan when that cannot be reasonably argued. Specially when it is flst out shown Leviathan was draining evergy from the god CARDS to revive and how card effects could be used irl.

Tier 8 is way too low, even when Zorc himself has a tier 5 feat.

Gods > Leviathan > 10,000x Knight > Ultimate Blue eyes white dragon.

And blue eyes managed to stagger a weakened Zorc, that moved the moon.

I'm talking about the duelists themselves and yeah it was a minimum

Anyways, season 4 alone should give Zorc, the gods, 10,000x knight, all monsters that managed to stagger Leviathan Low 4-C AP via scaling to Ultimate Blue eyes, who staggered a weakened Zorg and *ALL* of the Deck hax to Yugi, Kaiba and Joey.

Also, it is worth noticing that Atem has sealing, can fight with his soul alone and command monsters on his own.

Also, i still think a possibly low 2-C or higher is reasonable depending on the size of the duel monsters dimension.

https://youtu.be/X-smfOLL6O0 Another latin american clip that shows the "fake" duel monsters fighting the real Leviathan and using multiply.

This time, it is beyond discussing that these monsters and the effect of Multiply are real. And a flat out upgrade is inevitable.

ATACA CON LA FUERZA DE 10,000 CABALLEROS.

Why not just make 4kids profiles, I mean, we have a profile for literally everything dragonball.

It's especially needed in this case because they're two seperate canons.

@Megaboy

- Okay, I still don't get your point? What does that have to do with all monster cards being able to summon real monsters outside of magic?

- Yeah, again, I already said the monsters were real in season 4 because of Dartz.

- I never said it contradicts anything? No, it was pretty apparent that the monsters are real at the time. I'm arguing that they're real because of Dartz.

- I never said that either. It's Dartz magic that makes all the monsters real. This isn't some new thing either, Shadow Games do the same.

If you wanna argue against that, just prove that Dartz magic doesn't affect the other duelist. Which, good luck by the way, because Kaiba also shuts down the solid vision system immediately after the monsters become real in the first episode of the new arc.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/yu-gi-oh/episode-145-pulse-of-a-new-darkness-759397 (10:04)

@John actually normal people can survive lightning, thanks for the input regarding Odion and Joey, I'll try to find it.

Indeed. 4kids Yugi has literal magical feathers that allow him to fly thru the air and multiple saint seiya armors, power nullification, superhuman lifting strenght, direct magic and scales to a 4-A Shadii. He is far beyond different and unique to be considered a separate profile.

He is even more different than Super Goku is to GT Goku by a large margin.

THATS WRONG.

4kids made its own original season and their own original movie. Saying 4kids is just a dub is flat out wrong and a lie, Data.

Capsule Monsters and Pyramid of Light are 4kids anime exclusive content made by the U S of A.

@SD

No. It has Capsuel Monsters and Pyramid of Light, both of which aren't canon to the japanese version.

Therefore the story is different. The 4kids dub as a whole changes a lot of plot points in the yugioh franchise. They aren't even the same story at a point.

So it's nowhere near simply making normal dub profiles.

It was actually a 12 episode spin-off that got canceled, tho hulu does treat it as part of the series I guess.

You're right though, its not just a dub. It's a dub with exclusive content, I guess? Though 4kids did have a habit of altering and adding upon the source material, its kinda why they were infamous to begin with, and not just with Yu-Gi-Oh.

- Okay, I still don't get your point? What does that have to do with all monster cards being able to summon real monsters outside of magic?

Because the monsters Yugi, Kaiba and Joey summoned could hurt the 100% real leviathan and use Multiply (magic card) as a legit multiplier to Yugi's knight.

- Yeah, again, I already said the monsters were real in season 4 because of Dartz.

Then the entire anime verse should be upgraded based on the fetas shown. 10,000x knight > Ultimate Blue eyes + multiple other monsters > Ultimate Blue eyes staggering a Weakened tier 5 Zorc.

- I never said it contradicts anything? No, it was pretty apparent that the monsters are real at the time. I'm arguing that they're real because of Dartz.

They are not because he did not create the DM world, he only brought monsters from an alternate dimension to his own. Not ti mention ive already debunked that because of the simple fact that the DM world still exists after Dartz is defeated. (Dark Magician Girl on the beach) and that "his" magic also applies to Yugi, Kaiba and Joey.

- I never said that either. It's Dartz magic that makes all the monsters real. This isn't some new thing either, Shadow Games do the same.

It is not as ive explained above. Even if it was, this is not a limiter in any way, we have profiles here of characters that have powers they could only have for a limited time or depend on someone else. (Yune powered Ike)

If you wanna argue against that, just prove that Dartz magic doesn't affect the other duelist. Which, good luck by the way, because Kaiba also shuts down the solid vision system immediately after the monsters become real in the first episode of the new arc.

Ive already explained above that it does not matter if it was Dartz power that somehow made the DM world's monsters real or if they are made by the solid vision as ive explined above.

SomebodyData said:
It was actually a 12 episode spin-off that got canceled, tho hulu does treat it as part of the series I guess.

You're right though, its not just a dub. It's a dub with exclusive content, I guess? Though 4kids did have a habit of altering and adding upon the source material, its kinda why they were infamous to begin with, and not just with Yu-Gi-Oh.

Bullshit. The entire Capsule Monsters arc was finished and Yugi fought and defeated Alexander the great. It is not a "canceled" or incomplete arc at all.

You are downplaying at this point. An original movie and an original season are enough for 4kids to be more than "just a dub" as you say.

lol, I just looked up changes the dub made..and just found out that the shadow realm doesn't even exist in the japanese dub...that blew my mind.

@Yung like I said, 4kids infamously did this to many series. Why would we give Yu-Gi-Oh something that other series don't?

@Megaboy

Again, outside of Dartz' magic.

^

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. In the Duel Monsters world they're real alright, in the actual world they're restricted to the holograms provided by Solid Vision.

It is literally caused by Dartz' magic, not because someone or something empowered them. In a vs debate, for example, they would be in a neutral universe outside of Dartz' help.

And i already explained myself on the previous reply, it does not matter if Dartz somehow made the monsters "real" since the DM world is a thing and the monsters Yugi and the rest summoned are already able tl damage leviathan

Data. Will you change your thoughts on the 4kids issue? Because what you said is a flat out lie and wrong for many reasons.

Sorry, but at this point, i have posted evidence of my claims and proved them beyond a reasonable doubt in the two links i have posted and the two threads above not only prove that a at lwast 10,000x upgrade to the god tiers, all of the DM hax is missing from the profiles and that 4kids is indeed different from regulsr yugi because of several reasons (saint seiya armors alone is enough to prove this) and the original movie and season...

I think this discussion is finally over and i ask for permisson to add the missing abilities.

Yeah but Yu-Gi-Oh! probably has more significance in how 4kids were the sole (minus one instance of funimation) official english dub. Speaking of Funimation unlike their Dragonball releases, 4kids has never gone back and redubbed anything and even with DSoD when bringing it over they made explicit changes to it to bring it more in line with their version. All this on top of Capsule Monsters being a thing makes me feel a 4kids profile for Yugi would be fine.

Wasnt, like, half of the stuff in the OP already argued out like 10x in the past threads and were debunked as outliers?

Because im almost certain that they have (And yes, this is a sudden reappearce of me to make, but ive been following the site on some things while ive been away and have been thinking of returning. This came up in my notifs and I decided to come and get back to this at least. Good to see you again Somebody and Megaboy).

They have not been debunked at all, just closed. Kyle was banned and the thread was closed, it was not "debunked" and the youtube links above prove the feats i have stated beyond reasonable doubt.

4kids Yugi is different enough from his canonical and anime counterpart thanks to the PoL movie and Capsule Monsters.

And Season 4 Yugi has feats that makes the monsters he summons real, all of their hax and other minor stuff like sealing, able to fight with his soul alone and resist absorbtion from leviathan that are missing from the anime profile.

You kudo'd your own post?... That's...

Toei Goku is the anime goku, how could you possibly compare that to 4kids Yugi?

Make a thread if you want 4kids Yugi and invite staff, it'll be a much bigger discussion than just this franchise.

You keep calling me a downplayer, tell me I'm saying bullshit, and a liar, really? A year ago I would be more lenient, but quite frankly this is your last warning.

And yeah, it is a failed spin-off with the actual game discountinued.

Are you really trying to shut down the thread already?

Back