• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread to end 'em all.

I actually really doubt those are stars at all. I'm pretty sure those are just twinkling sparkles of light caused by some reflection or refraction from the Leviathan's presence. The girl is probably heavily mistaken.

p.s. nice to see you back, @ProfessorKukui4Life, even if it turns out to be brief

That or it eats stars over time, of course this would mean it doesn't get treated as a direct feat.

I would say that the Leviathan, if it had a profile, would be "Likely 5-A" due to powerscaling.

P.S. a bit off topic here, but, why was "One Shot Kill" removed by a bot from Yuya Sakaki's profile?

Why the hell would the girl be wrong? If a star on the sky stops sparkling after leviathan passed thru it, its a 4-C feat.

Dragopentling said:
I actually really doubt those are stars at all. I'm pretty sure those are just twinkling sparkles of light caused by some reflection or refraction from the Leviathan's presence. The girl is probably heavily mistaken.
p.s. nice to see you back, @ProfessorKukui4Life, even if it turns out to be brief
This is a massive assumption with absolutely no backing and is just a huge stretch. Somebody Data's star-over time thing would be better.

Sixo Bullets said:
Dragopentling said:
This is a massive assumption with absolutely no backing and is just a huge stretch. Somebody Data's star-over time thing would be better.
It still doesn't qualify as a 4-C feat, regardless. If the Leviathan can literally swallow a star whole or destroy one in one shot, then that's another thing.

I'll just type my thoughts out.

I think the feat is a little strange and not consistent, honestly. Not that I believe it's an outlier, but the consistency of something like a star fading isn't too high for Leviathan from what I've seen on this thread. The feat is definitely shaky as stated above, too. This is as we never see a star fade and that we don't know if the girl absolutely would know of the stars fading from her position among other things. It's kind of a statement that I think is odd and should have more of a consistency from reliable sources of information in the verse. As of now, the feat is kind of like a believe-or-not believe. Which gives it a possibly at best.

I suggest this.

"At least 5-A (Comparable to the gods and Zorc Necrophades), possibly 4-C (Stated to be capable of devouring the su)"

Anything is a outlier accordikg to Kukui, tho. Yugioh has various tier 4 feats like Shadi in capsule monsters, Season 5 Yugi creating the millenium world, that has a sun and knight surpassing ultimate blue eyes by 10,000x.

The problem is that people have not seen season 4 and hasnt looked at the OP, where i have pfoven all of above.

How long will this go on?

I think it has been pretty clear cut that the upgrades for anime yugi are valid.

High 5-A to 4-C top tiers, real life game mechanics and all the stuff Yugi did like absorbing/sealing the rest of leviathan onto himself, able to fight independly from yugi in the clouds (this is also a speed feat that should be at least super sonic judging by the timeframe.), resisting absorbtion by leviathan, etc.

Not to mention that we are forgetting that ALL of the DM monsters were unable to hurt Leviathan when the dimension opened and that leviathan planet to destroy this alternative universe. Since we do take "possibly" feats quite often (Eventual 2-C fusion Zamasu), Super dimento destroying all worlds if he was not stopped, this should be a clear cut possibly low 2-C.

Okay no.

First off, this is the one time that I didnt even say this feat was an outlier Megaboy. Im saying that for this instance, its not even a feat because stars aren't vanishing whatsoever and I had pointed out my justifications for this multiple times now. Not one star is shown to vanish or be destroyed in that episode in any way.

Second, Dragopenting (nice to see you too btw but im not planning on staying unfortunately. Message my wall to talk about this as it'll derail), I wouldnt go that far. This is the human world we are talking about and is also nightime. It would be pretty absurd for us to say those arent real stars as thats suggesting the real world in Yugioh isnt based off our own. Those should definitely be real stars.

But like I said before, it doesnt matter whether they are real or not because Leviathan isnt shown to be effecting them at all.

The absolute best thing that I can accept from this feat is what Somebody suggested. That Leviathan is making stars vanish overtime. But because the feat has absolutely no specified timeframe and is strictly an off-camera feat, there's no way to quantify it without pure assumption. It's definitely not anywhere close to tier 4 without any more info.

Yea, that's why I'm okay with "possibly 4-C" at this point unless we get a better argument, because the visual showcasing of the said feat was too ambiguous for proper scaling and/or calcs.

Kukui, while I do agree with most of what you've said, I do believe baseline Star is a possibility. We do not really need to see the feat if the statement seems consistent and it's not an outlier. As long as it comes from a reliable source, and the source doesn't really have to see the feat if they at least know what they are talking about. And girls like that are pretty well versed about theories and such in Yu-Gi-Oh. Yes that confirms a multiverse but please do not derail and argue about that because it's not something I want to be thought about as an upgrade at the moment, but just a showing of those people's knowledge. However, I believe the star statement is a bit inconsistent but it'd be far from an outlier. The girl saying the stars are fading would actually be sort of consistent with the Professor's translation.

Like, he has two destructive statements that could be argued consistent I suppose.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_-_Episode_168

Dartz: (thinking) Soon enough, after the passing of 10,000 years, The Great Leviatha shall return to destroy mankind.

• Kaiba uses the supercomputer to analyze the data and the Professor deciphers the text: after 10,000 years, the Black Dragon God which swallows the Sun shall be revived and the new Paradise shall come to happen.
These aren't really the same calibur I know, but it's two consistent statings of destruction and adds onto something that deals with destroying and messing with a sun. Which would warrant a possibly 4-C due to these just being two statements that while consistent, are never expanded upon and could be seen as hyperbole in some way. There being about three statements of mass destruction is enough for consistency in my eyes.

Also, this is off topic, but could I add this link for the gods and their Dream Manip?

@Sixo

About that, why using that wiki as reference though? "Destroy mankind" can be done though by any means like destroying the planet or life wiping the planet.

Not sure about the supercomputer part since the possibility it could also be a figurative of speech rather than meant to be taken literally. After defeat of the weakened Leviathan, the light did start to shine once more indicating this may not be the case since using this logic mean the Sun shouldn't be there when it is there.

Although I not sure if we should use the statement from the girl as well if contradicted by the visuals when that happen upon Leviathan awaking or something.

I meant that as more consistency for destruction.

That's also an assumption and if light stopped shining then it's not figurative language.

I know, that's why it's possibly.

@Sixo

Hmm not sure as the light stopped shining is a good indication that the light is being covered up by clouds as a possibility.

Like wasn't there a lot of clouds starting to show up upon the Leviathan awaking or was that later?

Huh, well if it matters if he made a storm that blocked the sun entirely with clouds that could be calced. Otherwise, yeah. It could be figurative language and it could not be, 50/50 or something I suppose. Earns a possibly at best and that's up to everyone else.

Sixo Bullets said:
Huh, well if it matters if he made a storm that blocked the sun entirely with clouds that could be calced. Otherwise, yeah. It could be figurative language and it could not be, 50/50 or something I suppose. Earns a possibly at best and that's up to everyone else.
Yeah I checked just now. During the battle of the Egyptian Gods and the weakened Leviathan, the presence of clouds was there. In addition to that, I check out this episode and apparently when the Leviathan was awaken, he formed a cyclone upon his release: https://www.yugioh.com/yu-gi-oh/a-duel-with-dartz-part-6/84

Before you say the gap is too big or that it is an outlier, we have seen bigger leaps based on a "possibly" like Super Domentio anf Meeged Zamasu, that are literally infinitely above the base statistics.

At this point, negating 4-C is just some clear cut bias against yugioh. The episode itself claims leviathan to be this level multiple times.

• takimg mo damage from every single DM monster, ultimate blue eyes (who staggered zorc) and 10,000x knight.
  • the girl that had no reasom to lie about stars dissapearing. (Not to mention that she is talking to herself about what she is seeing, why would she lie to herself?)
  • Kaiba using the supercomputer and saying Leviathan could swallow the sun
Top tiers shpuld just get the upgrade already.

Also you saying leviathan is not affecting the monsters... You are lying and have not seen the episode of the battle. He flat out destroys the monsters and pushed back all of the DM world monsters too.

He flat out grabs onto Yugi, Joey and Kaina physically and starts trying to absorb them.

You do realize I already addressed the "Swallowing the Sun" argument right? It's clear hyperbole. So im not seeing where this second 4-C feat is coming from.

Also:

>The girl that had no reasom to lie about stars dissapearing. (Not to mention that she is talking to herself about what she is seeing, why would she lie to herself?)

This has nothing to do with the girl lying at all. It has to do with her not remotely being a reliable source to suddenly slap on such a huge tier without greater justifications. This is an everyday person saying some random thing at a time at which Leviathan is not visibly being seen at all doing, why would she suddenly be reliable enough to upgrade Leviathan to such a high tier? Verses with much more justification dont even get tier 4 at times. It's easily possible that she is a little girl with a vivid imagination who is exaggerating Leviathans power, which is typical of a little kid. If we're going to start giving such big tiers to characters based off character statements from regular every people, a good number of verses need to be checked again.

The absolute best you can get from this girls statement is that Leviathan is slowly making stars vanish overtime. Which is still not tier 4 at all because not only is it off-screen, we are given no timeframe that it would be doing this, so we cannot even quantify it.

Ill repeat nyself again.

There is no proof of Leviathan being weaker tha this 4-C self, not to mention that he has a clear 3-A to Low 2-C possibly statement by destroying the DM world.

At mininum, it scales to the God Cards.

Megaboy Prime said:
Ill repeat nyself again.

There is no proof of Leviathan being weaker tha this 4-C self, not to mention that he has a clear 3-A to Low 2-C possibly statement by destroying the DM world.

At mininum, it scales to the God Cards.
I mean, yeah. There kinda is. There is only statements which I said earlier could be hyperbole as Kukui said too. He's going to get a possibly 4-C man, the evidence is just statements and they are both vague which makes him being 4-C shaky. Possibly does not mean "Yes he is 4-C", it means he has sufficient statements but they are shaky and refutable.

I still think the gods scale, that is what is important here, alongisde the other abilities Yami shows, whocj incoide resistance to absorbtion, being able to duel with his soul alone, travel speed upgrade and sealing the rest of leviathan away.

Alongside the TCG hax.

I still vehemently disagree with any "Possibly 4-C" rating because its not even possibly 4-C.

There is no evidence of any stars being effected or destroyed as that anime episode showed. The absolute best we can take from what was given was that Leviathan was slowly making stars vanish, which is no where near 4-C without any given timeframe of how long it would take him to make them vanish.

Now, i am done with Kukui. I'l leave it up to the rest to discuss it. I do not deserve this toxic discussion.

Please also lool at the 4kids Yugi thread. If he is approved to be in the wikia, lemme know so i can gladly make the page.

Because i am done. Tired and annoyed and i do not wish to associate with him at all.

Do come to your own conclusions based on the evidence above and in the 4kids thread.

I agree with Kukui here. I took a few more looks at the source and I still don't, by any means, see the little girl's words as something reliable at all, tbh. Now if it was Dartz or Yugi himself stating "oh sh--, it's swallowing stars", THEN the "possibly 4-C" can be considered as an addition, but not guaranteed. This is almost the same situation with Bill Cipher, when I think about it, but I'll stop there before I derail the thread.

Back