• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Writer tries to solo your verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Thing is though that the writer is truly a fictional character, he isn't grant morrison, he is a fictional character that symbolizes him
We have to do this step by step so you'll understand since paragraphs don't seem to be your strong suit, so:

Please, answer this so we can move on. Do you truly believe Azathoth can beat H.P Lovecraft? Simple yes or no.

Thank you.

Step 2, read this scan for me please. What does The Writer say in the second panel?

The second panel proves two things, read it carefully and reply that you've read it, and I'll break it down.

I don't access most sites including blog spots due to poor online security so I really can't
So you lied when you said "A scan in a comic book proves he is fictional" since you didn't even read it? That's not good.

The 'Real World' In the context of that scan is still fictional and not referring to our own world. It feels like you are arguing the reason the reality/fiction interraction page exists. Like what you are arguing backs up why the page exists and what it's referring to.

When you say read a scan, it's pretty obvious that it means a comic book strip.
So you didn't read it and acted like you did. Please don't do that. We're having a civil conversation here, lying is frowned upon.

When you reference a scan, that easily means a comic book strip, it's pretty obvious what you mean if you say "quote the scan"
So you lied when you said "A scan in a comic book proves he is fictional" since you didn't even read it? That's not good. Did you read it? Yes or no question.

I didn't due to hesitance on clicking to unknown sites.
And I never said I read it
If you didn't read it, please do not lie and make up assumptions or it'll show biasness.

Blackcurrant91 said:
The 'Real World' In the context of that scan is still fictional and not referring to our own world. It feels like you are arguing the reason the reality/fiction interraction page exists. Like what you are arguing backs up why the page exists and what it's referring to.
^^^

Is this guy seriously trying to say that The Writer is stronger than the Tier 0 crew? Dude, we have author representations that are Low 2-C. Doesn't mean that we bump them up to Tier 0 because "lol author". At best, Writer gets Plot Manip or something. Him being the author representation means absolutely nothing to his tier.

You know the writer is tier 0.

Anyway, Author Avatars are based on how strong the rest of the verse is, DC isn't as strong as the mythos, meaning the writer is weaker than yog or azzy, no author avatar is truly a real world character, he still is in the end of the day fictional

Planck69 said:
Is this guy seriously trying to say that The Writer is stronger than the Tier 0 crew? Dude, we have author representations that are Low 2-C. Doesn't mean that we bump them up to Tier 0 because "lol author". At best, Writer gets Plot Manip or something. Him being the author representation means absolutely nothing to his tier.
What's established on this one site is not what actually is, so saying "its this way here!" doesn't really make for a good general argument on what should be. Also, please don't put words in my mouth. I provided multiple scans and even quoted paragraphs from your own tier list and realit-fiction interaction pages. To ignore all that really only shows biasness.

To make this simple: do you believe Azathoth can defeat H.P Lovecraft?

Blackcurrant91 said:
Your question is non-sensical and the fact you are asking it after reading the reality/fiction interraction page is concerning.
Let's not resort to insults. If you really want to prove me wrong, let's have a debate like civilized people.

Again, do you believe Azathoth can "beat up" H.P Lovecraft?

Musashiuser said:
What's established on this one site is not what actually is, so saying "its this way here!" doesn't really make for a good general argument on what should be.

To make this simple: do you believe Azathoth can defeat H.P Lovecraft?
Yes, definitely. Cause how you treat Reality-Fiction Interaction isn't how we do it. We have the Real World here but we aren't pushig for all animals to be Tier 0. We put them all on even ground and go by their showings first and foremost. Being an author means nothing at all.

Planck69 said:
Yes, definitely. Cause how you treat Reality-Fiction Interaction isn't how we do it. We have the Real World here but we aren't pushig for all animals to be Tier 0. We put them all on even ground and go by their showings first and foremost. Being an author means nothing at all.
Okay, then you agree to this sentence:

"Azathoth, the fictional character, can easily kill the author H.P Lovecraft in the real world".

Not an insult mate. Being an 'Author avatar' literally means nothing. Azathoth cannot fight H.P Lovecraft because one is fictional and one is real.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Not an insult mate. Being an 'Author avatar' literally means nothing. Azathoth cannot fight H.P Lovecraft because one is fictional and one is real.
Lets just let the thread die. There's no reasoning with this guy.

Blackcurrant91 said:
I see you quoted "author avatar".

Where did I ever say this? You quoted it, so find the comment where I ever said this is a writer avatar and I automatically lose.

I'll close this,
This isn't exactly what I intended
Yes, because you realized it.

Comic Vine, Killer Movies... heck, even ask a random adult on the street who will agree that any fictional character can harm their real life writer.

This is quite embarrasing for you guys. I came here to see what good arguments you would have. Maybe scans, maybe philosophical reasonings. What I got was nothing. None of you ever even tried to touch upon even one of the scans I provided. I'm sorry, but what you guys believe and what the rest of the world think is very different.

Maybe you can find a 6 year old kid who believes fictional characters can beat you up!

Musashiuser said:
I'll close this,
Comic Vine, Killer Movies... heck, even ask a random adult on the street who will agree that any fictional character can harm their real life writer.

This is quite embarrasing for you guys. I came here to see what good arguments you would have. Maybe scans, maybe philosophical reasonings. What I got was nothing.
Not this again.

The Writer is fake, he isn't real, he is a fictional character based off a real life guy.

Just because you view something as fiction doesn't mean you are the strongest thing in the wiki.

The Writer got his tier not by "He views the Overvoid as fiction", but because of his nature about the overvoid, and even then a few characters are on this scale and even higher.

You should read the note on his page

Musashiuser said:
I'll close this,

This is quite embarrasing for you guys. I came here to see what good arguments you would have. Maybe scans, maybe philosophical reasonings. What I got was nothing.
Not this again.
The Writer is fake, he isn't real, he is a fictional character based off a real life guy.

Just because you view something as fiction doesn't mean you are the strongest thing in the wiki.

The Writer got his tier not by "He views the Overvoid as fiction", but because of his nature about the overvoid, and even then a few characters are on this scale and even higher.

You should read the note on his page
.....If you want to use the rules on this very site I even provided you the quotes, yet you never even responded to them. Also, don't lie. Here's the quote from his very page. Note that this is what's written on your very own site.

Wrote DC Comics in its entirety, and is transcendent over all of its characters and concepts, as they are all nothing but fiction from his or her perspective. Vastly above The Overvoid, seeing as it is just a sheet of paper from his/her perspective, and he/she will always exist beyond anything that can be drawn in it, with multiple layers of fiction within fiction representing the "Real World" being ultimately still fictional simulations of it and under the full control of the Writer

What are you even whining about? His tier won't change if you get us to agree that he's the strongest thing ever (which he certainly isn't). Just let the thread rest in peace.

That's just reality fiction transcendence, All this shows is that the writer is vastly beyond the overvoid, not that he is a real life dude

Multiple characters are like this in their verse, Azathoth, The Law of Identity, Featherine and the Creator

Planck69 said:
What are you even whining about? His tier won't change if you get us to agree that he's the strongest thing ever (which he certainly isn't). Just let the thread rest in peace.
Don't complain just because you can't win this debate. Not because I'm a good debater, I just have common sense on my side.

I see you also follow the trend of not responding to any of my points, scans, quotes from your own site.... and just complaining. I have no idea why. This isn't even my own beliefs, its whats written on you OWN SITE. Heck there's even a disclaimer saying this character is not the norm:

Additionally, do not attempt to scale other characters that use a cosmology with Reality-Fiction Differences to High 1-A or 0 based on that they perceive lesser characters as fictional constructs or something similarly insignificant. The Monitor-Mind and the Writer are rated as such due to additional context regarding their natures that qualifies them for these tiers in the first place.

As such, perceiving 1-A characters as fiction should only be considered a higher degree of Outerverse level, unless there are further circumstances suggesting that a reality-fiction difference can be equated to higher tiers, in which case they should be carefully evaluated.

Closing this, if you want to bring this further debate it on my message wall and I advise you to read the reality-fiction interaction page again because you aren't getting this

Closing this, if you want to bring this further debate it on my message wall and I advise you to read the reality-fiction interaction page again because you aren't getting this
Again, sure. Not even responding to the scans and points once and closing it.

I advise you to read this entire thing in 10 years time. Maybe then you'll see, not my point, but how you utterly failed to even dispute one of my scans/points/quotes. Heck, you never even attemped to acknowledge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back