• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The worst plot armor you have seen in your favorite verses?

The finale of Gravity Falls. As amazing as it was, All of the Pines would be long dead if it weren't for some extreme CIS from Bill

Ozai accidently causing Aang to go into the Avatar State, leading Aang from being defeated to stomping Ozai

Golden Frieza running out of stamina just before killing SSB Goku in RoF, leading to Frieza's defeat

Goku Black being pulled back into the future just before Goku can defeat him, leading him to become much stronger

That's not plot armor that's power creep if anything and so far anyway the quirks so far surprisingly aren't THAT impressive being Black Whip and Float and apparently the others aren't that good either.

Regardless, the fact that he has 7 quirks completely goes against everything that the character once was

And what was his character ? While I do like Deku he is well bland.

Sora and buff riku said:
And what was his character ? While I do like Deku he is well bland.
I think he was referring to him being the Quirkless underdog given a Quirk by the World's Greatest Hero and his struggle to live up to him.

Or something, I haven't read or watched MHA.

All things Yugioh, of course. Or any luck based game where the odds of drawing the cards that let you somehow get in a bad enough position to create tension but suddenly pull a win with a single draw or card.

Black Doom's stupid gas shit was only there done doesn't get ********** by the entire Sonic Heroes and Shadow can be the hero.

Drake's Type 4 immortality would technically count as plot armor since it only exists so Drake could go to a different level and also to explain restarting a level after death

also Kira escaping in Part 4 radiates large degrees of plot armor that it's not funny since it implies Kira while heavily injured and walking slowly > The Poop Patrol running after him, it's also dumb since it means Kira knew CD could return severed pieces of a body back to the target even though he only seen CD heal at a close range, so if CD could only heal at a close range then Kira would be screwing himself over because he stole the identity of someone with two hands

luffy gear 4 and snakeman was literally being trampled further find out the trampled concept and get a transformation from god knows where (this is worse than goku and everyone knows why)

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
MCU Captain Marvel herself was full of some pretty bad plot armour.

For some unknown reason, her being near the tesseract explosion just magically gave her superpowers.
And for some reason, the Kree took her in instead of killing her.

And somehow, the Kree had a "tesseract-granted power" limited ready to apply before she woke up.

And somehow no-one in the whole civilization slipped up in a way that would clue her off that they can't just grant superpowers to anyone whenever.

And the Skrull shot that instantly knocked her out later doesn't do anything to her even without her powers because reason.

...I could go on. I got baited into seeing the movie because it was supposedly important to Endgame, but it really wasn't.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Probably Midoriya going from 0 quirks TO 7 ******* QUIRKS. HOW DID HOSHIKORI RUIN HIS CHARACTER SO BAD
Wouldn't really call that plot armor, just plot contrivances. It's not like he awakened his hitherto unmentioned and unexplained abilities at some perfect time to save the day. Though he does have serious plot armor, 1000000% in the muscular fight being the first major offender that comes to mind.

Probably Sonic's in Sonic & the Secret Rings, because it's meta plot armor. Basically there's this evil genie called Erazor and he is destroying the plot, so the person who controls the plot named King Shahryar tries to effect Erazor using the plot and he can't do it.

Then King Shahryar says "I'll write Sonic into the plot" and when he does Sonic is unaffected by the entire plot being erased while he's IN IT and he beats Erazor as King Shahryar wrote in the plot even though Erazor couldn't be defeated by the plot before

I mean, if we're going that bluntly, then I'm just gonna point out that Caliborn has passive 1-A plot manipulation. It's literally plot armor.

Back