• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Witch Coven Overhaul (Mismagius, Murkrow, Delphox, and Hatterene updates)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
And here are my updates. With third-stage Pokémon reaching 6-C, I might as well fix up some profiles for some future matches. The theme this time is witch-based mons, a hint on the matches I plan on making assuming nothing bad happens. Without further ado, here are the profiles

Old Misdreavus Profile

New Misdreavus Profile

Old Murkrow Profile

New Murkrow Profile

Old Delphox Profile

New Delphox Profile

Old Hatterene Profile

New Hatterene Profile

Also based on this accepted thread, I guess I should elaborate on what's new. Obviously there's formatting changes but other than that, there are some more specific things

General Changes
*Added priority mechanics
Murkrow being the infamous example of how good Prankster can be that it has a better role in competitive than their evolved form speaks for itself. I just added that priority moves are higher in speed, might straight up make em FTL seeing as to how they still work on stronger mons. I also decided to give stuff like Switcheroo higher in speed ranking since it seems to blitz other Pokémon.
*Added NPI to everyone for being able to hit Ghost-Types
I know this is a contentious issue but it seems unresolved for now
*Updates to statistics and resistances
AP, speed, and LS are changed to currently accepted standards. Same with listed types.
*Removed Death Manip from Perish Song
What the f*ck were they thinking. Ignoring the fact that it's technically a kids game since death does actually happen every once in a while, Perish Song does not kill, it's still listed as fainted. Hence why it has been moved to a form of dura-neg and their description has been changed
*Straight up gave Reality Warping for mons with room and terrain moves
Honestly, I don't know how else to classify it. They're warping the rules of reality in a single area, doesn't seem limited to me. And at least for Psychic Terrain since it doesn't really make sense for it to just be some modifications with how weird their effects are. Plus the description for starting Psychic Terrain is "The battlefield got weird!"
*Added Pain Manip for headache-inducing mons
This just affects Mismagius and Hatterene who are known to cause headaches
*Gave Small Size for a ton of mons and updated their range accordingly.
Self-Explanatory. Some mons are just smol
*Gave Power Mimicry and sometimes Modification
Surprised this isn't listed very often. Gave it for Skill Swap, Role Play, Me First, Copycat, and Mirror Move
*Replaced Mean Look's Sealing with Social Influencing
I actually got this from Umbreon and made similar modifications for Yamask. Thought I'd unify it here

Mismagius' Changes
*Removed Empathic Manip from Misdreavus
Looking through Misdreavus' dex entries, they seem to just cause fear through conventional methods. It is now replaced with absorption of fear and life force. Mismagius does have it though as it can make people happy and fall in love.
*Removed Fear Manip from Misdreavus
I genuinely could not find evidence for it anywhere, just like with Empathic Manip
*Removed TCG, Dream Moves, and IQ Moves
I assume these are from other media not canon to the games. This also removed Dream Manip
*Removed Portal Creation
I actually did this to Golurk as well some time back. Phantom Force's description only details the mon's disappearance so I replaced it with teleportation.

Murkrow's Changes
*Removed some anime scans and references
I know this is a little contentious but they were mostly supplementary. I'm sure we can add them back later when the issue is resolved
*Removed several instances of Ghost-Type moves being listed as Soul Manip
I assume this profile was made back when Ghost-Type moves were accepted as that. Pretty sure it isn't anymore so it has been rectified
*Added Purification for Psycho Shift
Seeing as to how it cures the user of their status conditions, I would assume this would count
*Removed Enhanced Senses
Couldn't find any evidence of it. You'd think its many dex entries about its stealing habits would detail its ability to see shiny objects far away but apparently not
*Listed Foul Play as Attack Reflection
It's listed as Attack Redirection which doesn't have a page. I would assume it would work as Attack Reflection of some sort
*Listed Whirlwind as BFR
I actually saw in Charizard's page that Dragon Tail counts as BFR. Thought it'd work for this too
*Made Honchkrow's summoning not pseudo
Or I dunno, make it limited. You'd think calling for its goons would just be summoning. Is it because it breaks the SBA outside help rule?

Delphox's Changes
*Portrait Changes
No quotes, no official game renders, and yet for some reason they took the time to add shinies?! Fixed all of that up, it was a pretty big issue for me
*Gave Empowerment to Fennekin for eating twigs
Not sure if I should remove it for their evolved forms when they use their sticks instead of eating them
*Gave Fennekin Temperature Manip and resistance to it
Dex entries indicate that it can spew out really hot air and somehow be fine afterward. Seems self-explanatory
*Removed Spiritual Energy Manip
The dex entries do not indicate this as a method for how they do their stuff
*Replaced RPL with Stat Amp for Blaze
I just saw that it's listed as such for Charizard and thought I'd do the same
*Gave Forcefield Creation for Light Screen
Seemed self-explanatory.
*Gave Probability Manip for Lucky Chant
This is actually also in Mismagius' Sandbox. Surprised it's not listed

Hatterene's Changes
*Gave Minor Empathic Manip for disarming voice
It's listed that way for Ralts which has been a reference point all this time
*Added Electric Manip and Paralysis Inducement
Yeah believe it or not, the Hatterene line can learn Nuzzle. The move mostly for pikaclones. It's not even useful for her since Hatterene is so slow and a Trick Room mon so she doesn't even want her enemies to get slower
*Removed Magic and Holy Manip
I'm not really sure where this comes from. Unless it's from stuff like Magic Bounce and Magic Powder which, seriously? The description doesn't even indicate that they're magical. Same with G-Max Smite, nothing indicates that it's Holy other than the name
*Moved Gigantamax ability to the Gigantamax key
Seems like a no-brainer

Also I kinda forgot that Hex counts as a Damage Boost and almost removed it from Mismagius. I might need to add it back on some of the mons I updated previously

Enjoy the show and this fun icon with reaction image potential
MastersIcon0858.png

If I see that big dumb red cat in VGC one more time

Last edited:
And here are my updates. With third-stage Pokémon reaching 6-C, I might as well fix up some profiles for some future matches. The theme this time is witch-based mons, a hint on the matches I plan on making assuming nothing bad happens. Without further ado, here are the profiles

Old Misdreavus Profile

New Misdreavus Profile

Old Murkrow Profile

New Murkrow Profile

Old Delphox Profile

New Delphox Profile

Old Hatterene Profile

New Hatterene Profile

Also based on this accepted thread, I guess I should elaborate on what's new. Obviously there's formatting changes but other than that, there are some more specific things

General Changes
*Added priority mechanics
Murkrow being the infamous example of how good Prankster can be that it has a better role in competitive than their evolved form speaks for itself. I just added that priority moves are higher in speed, might straight up make em FTL seeing as to how they still work on stronger mons. I also decided to give stuff like Switcheroo higher in speed ranking since it seems to blitz other Pokémon.
*Added NPI to everyone for being able to hit Ghost-Types
I know this is a contentious issue but it seems unresolved for now
*Updates to statistics and resistances
AP, speed, and LS are changed to currently accepted standards. Same with listed types.
*Removed Death Manip from Perish Song
What the f*ck were they thinking. Ignoring the fact that it's technically a kids game since death does actually happen every once in a while, Perish Song does not kill, it's still listed as fainted. Hence why it has been moved to a form of dura-neg and their description has been changed
*Straight up gave Reality Warping for mons with room and terrain moves
Honestly, I don't know how else to classify it. They're warping the rules of reality in a single area, doesn't seem limited to me. And at least for Psychic Terrain since it doesn't really make sense for it to just be some modifications with how weird their effects are. Plus the description for starting Psychic Terrain is "The battlefield got weird!"
*Added Pain Manip for headache-inducing mons
This just affects Mismagius and Hatterene who are known to cause headaches
*Gave Small Size for a ton of mons and updated their range accordingly.
Self-Explanatory. Some mons are just smol
*Gave Power Mimicry and sometimes Modification
Surprised this isn't listed very often. Gave it for Skill Swap, Role Play, Me First, Copycat, and Mirror Move
*Replaced Mean Look's Sealing with Social Influencing
I actually got this from Umbreon and made similar modifications for Yamask. Thought I'd unify it here

Mismagius' Changes
*Removed Empathic Manip from Misdreavus
Looking through Misdreavus' dex entries, they seem to just cause fear through conventional methods. It is now replaced with absorption of fear and life force. Mismagius does have it though as it can make people happy and fall in love.
*Removed Fear Manip from Misdreavus
I genuinely could not find evidence for it anywhere, just like with Empathic Manip
*Removed TCG, Dream Moves, and IQ Moves
I assume these are from other media not canon to the games. This also removed Dream Manip
*Removed Portal Creation
I actually did this to Golurk as well some time back. Phantom Force's description only details the mon's disappearance so I replaced it with teleportation.

Murkrow's Changes
*Removed some anime scans and references
I know this is a little contentious but they were mostly supplementary. I'm sure we can add them back later when the issue is resolved
*Removed several instances of Ghost-Type moves being listed as Soul Manip
I assume this profile was made back when Ghost-Type moves were accepted as that. Pretty sure it isn't anymore so it has been rectified
*Added Purification for Psycho Shift
Seeing as to how it cures the user of their status conditions, I would assume this would count
*Removed Enhanced Senses
Couldn't find any evidence of it. You'd think its many dex entries about its stealing habits would detail its ability to see shiny objects far away but apparently not
*Listed Foul Play as Attack Reflection
It's listed as Attack Redirection which doesn't have a page. I would assume it would work as Attack Reflection of some sort
*Listed Whirlwind as BFR
I actually saw in Charizard's page that Dragon Tail counts as BFR. Thought it'd work for this too
*Made Honchkrow's summoning not pseudo
Or I dunno, make it limited. You'd think calling for its goons would just be summoning. Is it because it breaks the SBA outside help rule?

Delphox's Changes
*Portrait Changes
No quotes, no official game renders, and yet for some reason they took the time to add shinies?! Fixed all of that up, it was a pretty big issue for me
*Gave Empowerment to Fennekin for eating twigs
Not sure if I should remove it for their evolved forms when they use their sticks instead of eating them
*Gave Fennekin Temperature Manip and resistance to it
Dex entries indicate that it can spew out really hot air and somehow be fine afterward. Seems self-explanatory
*Removed Spiritual Energy Manip
The dex entries do not indicate this as a method for how they do their stuff
*Replaced RPL with Stat Amp for Blaze
I just saw that it's listed as such for Charizard and thought I'd do the same
*Gave Forcefield Creation for Light Screen
Seemed self-explanatory.
*Gave Probability Manip for Lucky Chant
This is actually also in Mismagius' Sandbox. Surprised it's not listed

Hatterene's Changes
*Gave Minor Empathic Manip for disarming voice
It's listed that way for Ralts which has been a reference point all this time
*Added Electric Manip and Paralysis Inducement
Yeah believe it or not, the Hatterene line can learn Nuzzle. The move mostly for pikaclones. It's not even useful for her since Hatterene is so slow and a Trick Room mon so she doesn't even want her enemies to get slower
*Removed Magic and Holy Manip
I'm not really sure where this comes from. Unless it's from stuff like Magic Bounce and Magic Powder which, seriously? The description doesn't even indicate that they're magical. Same with G-Max Smite, nothing indicates that it's Holy other than the name
*Moved Gigantamax ability to the Gigantamax key
Seems like a no-brainer

Also I kinda forgot that Hex counts as a Damage Boost and almost removed it from Mismagius. I might need to add it back on some of the mons I updated previously

Enjoy the show and this fun icon with reaction image potential
MastersIcon0858.png

If I see that big dumb red cat in VGC one more time
Hoping to go over some of the profile things in the near future.

Why is Murkrow's profile the only one named after its first stage rather than it's final stage?
No clue, although it could be due to the line's members being from different generations & appealing to seniority &/or the fact that some people stopped engaging the franchise after certain generations, or just listing base form first.

Back