• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Volume 2 of this LN is done, and I think it might warrant an upgrade for Beatrice and Pure Knight's physical AP/Durability. In volume 1, nameless fodder human fighters with Percentage-type Magic (passive magic that buffs their attributes, including speed and strength) were described as able to kill a bear or tiger with their bare hands. Pure Knight was also described as capable of single-handedly killing a mid-sized Chimera with his magic, which wasn't a particularly useful statement since we didn't know how strong a Chimera was.

Second volume upgraded the description for fodder humans, stating they can kill mid-level Griffons or Chimeras barehanded (Volume 2 Chapter 2):

With the support of the Percentage-type Magic that formed their clothing, they could produce enough strength to slay a mid-level Chimaera or Griffon barehanded, but that was only placing a percentage modifier on their original body's ability. If it was STRx200%, it would double their strength. It could sound cruel, but if your base value was low, equipment with a high percentage modifier would be wasted on you. For that reason, increasing one's base strength could not be taken lightly.

But here's a few quotes that would put a Chimera at Building level, since Chimeras can fight Krakens, which are more than 10 stories tall and can crush entire buildings (Volume 2 Chapter 3):

"This is the Shinjuku Station PB! We're full up! The trains aren't running and we're already over capacity for evacuees! Sending any more here would be dangerous!! Send the evacuees elsewhere! And more importantly, she's…goddammit, what the hell is that huge-ass squid monster!? It's more than 10 stories tall! Can someone with Grandnir experience explain this!?"

[...]

A giant form appeared almost too easily.

"Wah! This isn't good! It's one of those 10-story ones! What is it? A giant squid!?"

"It's a Kraken and don't even think about trying to defeat it. Iroka, Misoka, please secure us a route."

[...]

Those people had not been killed yet because the summoned creatures were not very well controlled. The giant Kraken was clashing with a fusion of animals known as a Chimera. The decision to work together, butt heads, or eliminate each other was entirely up to the creatures. That both created openings and also made their next action harder to predict.

[...]

"Let's pray we don't find ourselves right next to a Kraken that can grab and crush entire buildings."

There's also a clear Small Building level magic feat for fodder which is already noted in Pure Knight's page, and Harpies, which I think would be Wall level, are described as not really that noteworthy in Grandnir compared to something like a Dragon or a Griffon (Volume 2 Chapter 3):

A Harpy was a Nonhuman that looked like a human woman with large bird wings for arms, and they did not stand out much compared to Dragons or Griffons. But that was only when you were protected by Magic. This was like running across a bird of prey more than 10 times as strong as a large eagle. A handgun bullet would not reach it and the talons of its legs could tear through a steel door like wet paper.

Thus, I think people Pure Knight and Beatrice can be safely put at "Building level" and "at least Building level", respectively, since they should be physically stronger than fodder and should also logically be capable of tanking magic attacks from said fodder. This Durability of course would exclude the weakness to bullets already noted in their pages.

Well, in lack of further input, I think that you can probably apply the changes, as they seem fairly straightforward.

Thanks. I was hoping to get 3-4 responses like in previous revision threads, but I guess this is okay since this is not a well known LN.

Back