• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
DOES this Dr. Strange have any feats of resisting de-aging induced Mind Alteration? I mean, for one, it's not like the same man as an infant & an adult will have the same brain matter & such, right?

Supposing he doesn't (With no evidence on his profile or brought up in this thread or a revision that I know of), I'd think that'd be a reasonable premise to vote for The Watcher.

Although, the Watcher doing that to get rid of Strange probably isn't its first choice; It usually goes to mind control first, & I'd assume it'd try to kill a humanoid in more typical humanoid-Sim killing ways unless it sees evidence that wouldn't work in the first place. Ex: Portals or teleportation or flight use showing that trying to drown Strange, dunk him in lava or suffocate him wouldn't work. (And yes, time stop, but lava & breathing don't happen in stopped time, AFAIK.)

Ergo, to get to this win condition, there would probably be some time spent doing trial & error on ways to kill Strange. While that's happening, how can Strange threaten the Watcher?

I mean, it has plenty of "time", since it can stop time & exist outside of it & it'll probably be cautious by virtue of intelligence & likely realizing when Strange can't be controlled that he's not ordinary.

(And just to be sure, CAN The Watcher inflict diseases?)

I haven't read the thread so I apologize if this hasn't been brought up, but Doctor Strange scales to SHuman Gorath, who rules over and controls hundreds of universes. Meanwhile the Watcher only affected two or three.

AP wasn't discussed much, since the watcher doesn't even fight head-on like that.

By the way, what is strange's best resistance feat for mindhax?

@ArbitraryNumbers: Neat! Scales how? I dunno Dr. Strange lore well.

Either way, I'd assume it doesn't change my analysis above much. The Watcher has time stop & exists outside of time. Not to mention Types 1 & 5 Immortality & is Non-Corporeal.

But can you answer some of my questions?

What are Dr. Strange's ways of threatening such a being?

What can Strange do about disease if & when he realizes he's been de-aged? Can The Watcher break his arms? Make him a quadruplegic? What diseases can they inflict?

(If you're wondering why de-aging & diseases & crippling came up, it's because I figured that the Watcher is intelligent enough to Time Stop when the thing it wants to be a new Sim proves unable to be Mind Controlled, & it would have to go through trial & error which it could via time stop; Strange resists almost all his other win conditions, & can teleport/portal or fly away from imprisonment, lava dipping, drowning, etc.; The most surefire way to stop him is to cripple him physically so he can't gesticulate for magic, & then try to kill him with diseases.)

No, no. He took the power of Arioch some time earlier than fighting sHuman. And, in the fight against SHuman, he used SHuman's power against himself.

SHuman's thing is that whoever kills him, will become him. He wasn't killed yet so, yeah, Strange took the power.

And why won't strange just get killed before that? Time stop that ignores resistance helps plenty with that.

That's not an actual thing, you know.

How resistent are these people? Are they used to fight Time Warping enemies? Because that's Strange's speciality.

The Eye of Agamotto alone can easily shatter time loops, and Strange himself can Time Stop opponents who are also resistent (like Clea, the daughter of Dormammu).

I mean, a single "It works on people who resist time stop" is not enough. Could turn out to be an NLF.

Yes, it is.

Yeah, they are. Witches speciality is warpung reality.

That sure isn't on hid profile.

What? There are people who are immune to it, and they can still be timestopped. Them and the crown of nightmares as well.

Dude, I'm sorry, but is english your native language? I'll try to be more clear:

How good is their resistance to Time Stop? How big are their feats? Because Strange's feats are way too big for any kind of resistance shown in The Sims, so far as I'm concerned.

That is not how it works. First of all, the resistance is not even on hsi profile.

And they stop time in the multiverse, which as far as we know is 4 timelines.

The Archdemon said:
Man, you're not understanding me, are you?
If strange has resistance, you need to make a crt to add it. And what is his best resistance feat at all? Or mindhax, for the matter.

To reiterate what Ricsi-viragosi is saying, VSBattles should be debated according to the information on the profiles. If the profiles lack or have inaccurate information, that should be remedied in a Content Revision; A Versus Thread board isn't the place to debate it, even if the use of lacking or inaccurate information is questionable.

If I &/or anyone else could come into a thread & claim "X & such has that ability", things could get messy very fast. Also, inconsistencies, special circumstances, plot-induced stupidity, outliers and other such things are well... things; Even if it did happen in the comics, it may not be consistent with what a character can normally do or very different from their usual portrayal.

If you care about my personal stance, I'm not opposed to whatever means of victory for either side, just so long as their profils are accurate.

As for your questions, @The Archdemon:

I'm not an expert on The Sims, nor Classic Doctor Strange comics, for that matter. So regarding your question about The Watcher, so I'll just quote the profile:

Q. How good is their resistance to Time Stop?

A. Time Paradox Immunity (Unaffected by any change to the past, transcends sims who have "portal immunity" that allows them to be unaffected even by killing their direct anscestors or otherwise completely altering their past)

Likely Acausality (Type 1; due to being above Father Time)

(A more Sims knowledgeable member than I will have to detail instances where The Watcher demonstrates resistances to Time Stop.)

The Eye of Agamotto reacts for itself IIRC.

Now, about Time Manip: a simple spell was able to cancel out the Time Gem, which can easily stop time and exceeds Kronos in power. Here's a description of the Time Gem if you need one.

Also, The Eye of Agamotto was shown to be easily able to shatter a time loop that was caused by Strange's speed.

Also also, a simple spell from Strange easily undid a time warp used to trap him.

About your explanations @Imaginym, I don't believe that these abilities would be enough to counter Time Manip, and I believe are not even close to what Strange regularly accomplishes.

If Father Time had a profile, things would probably be easier BTW.

I hate to seem like I'm shooting our standards in the kneecaps here, but Arch seems to have given rather thorough evidence to back up all of his claims. Yeah, I still recommend making a CRT if any of the above isn't on his page, but as far as a debate is concerned, he kind of...did what he was supposed to. The proof is pretty blatant.

All I'm going to say, for now.

@The Archdemon: Not my explanations, technically. As I said, just quoting The Watcher's profile, & I don't claim to understand the The Sims 'verse & it's lore well.

Good to know. I'm unopposed, @MrKingOfNegativity.

Incidentally, Ricsi-Viragosi claimed "And they stop time in the multiverse, which as far as we know is 4 timelines." about The Watcher.

Am I misunderstanding something, or isn't that superior to the Time Stone's capacity to control time in one universe?

If I may ask, how is Dr. Strange's sealing performed?

The infinity stones should be above that, especially since it was with the gaunlet as a whole.

And I don't like to play dumb and act like something as simple as that is presented with evidence. It still needs to be added to the profile or else this can't be added, but strange beats the watcher with ease with that stuff.

Back