• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Okay, finally watched the episode. And man, Decker already dropping us into the philosophical stuffs, aye? By about 1 episode at least, than Z did. And it's... heavier, to some extent.

Episode 10 of Decker is basically an echo of fear. Kaizaki's acknowledgement of humanity's progress being a necessary thing for their survival and their inability to make a proper response to Shigenaga's question. It's all beautiful stuff, and I have no doubt they'll still be in the track, running the hurdles.

What did I rank Decker before? Because 8.4 seems better now.

If you can make this one work somehow, I'll be surprised, but there's also the question of whether that was Earth. I don't remember much about the early segments of the film so there's also that, so I'm also hoping for some clarification here.

I will make this work since the Zero calculation was a bit inacurate and i want to calculate it too.

It wasn’t particularly Earth, but it was indeed far from the Land of Light.

More often than not, radiation's main acknowledged side-effect is the deterioration of cells, which an inorganic being would have little, if any, of.

Almost 2 years since the first example of it, only now did I think of asking.

What should we categorize Ultroid Zero and Megalothor completely spooking the planet as? Aura seems the best option as it, despite being the more vague-sounding power, does comfortably explain why their existence only affects monsters. Outside of directly putting Passive Madness and Fear Manipulation.

Although Megalothor at least makes sense for that as her power is the darkness-corrupted Eternity Core, something already accepted as having those effects as per the CRT that grants pretty much everyone relevant Mind and Soul Manipulation and Resistance. Also has at the very least Planetary range, possibly Universal.

Homing laser's still totally in since Gilvallis.

Well, hope I can catch up to the episode as soon as I can once I have time then.

New rumor about Ultraman Decker. Please take it with a lot of copium.
-Masashi's role is Ultraman Decker of future. Same timeline from Future Yuzare.

Hey guys, I finally watched episode 11 and--
What the ****???

Ok, shock aside, plenty of time for it.

Solid episode, nothing I can delve too deeply into for now, though I will say I'm interested in seeing how they handle Asumi keeping a secret identity because he is effectively safe from all harm considering he can summon the Flasher at any time. But maybe, they won't. If the rumor of #12 dealing with Decker's origins and seeing that there is indeed another Decker is true, then we might see a Mirai situation. Midpoint revelation.

Finally, let's talk Terraphaser. He is straight up hard sci-fi. First among potential OPness is particle cannon. General sci-fi stuff states such can cause molecular or atomic disruption. But not only that, but TR Particles also. Dude ******* generates and emits that thing, effectively ensuring omnidirectional protection as long as he's in the area of the Particles, plus ******* homing lasers that's made of the particles. Oh, let's also throw in an AI that makes it so its combat capabilities is comparable to defense force members with over a year of rigorous training and accumulation of combat experience from a plethora of situation and monsters.

Oh yeah, we're going nuts.

I consider myself busy but I still find time to come here. Now take my "preoccupation" and multiply it tenfold. I'd imagine that's how it is for him.

Yeah sorry haven’t really had the time to watch anything yet since I was pretty busy with my exams. Most I had time to do was just reading the weekly manga chapters I follow in like 2-3 minutes whenever they come out. But I should have more time once next week is over since that’s when my exams for now will be over.

This is literally "sneaky cartoon character" moment, lmao

But like usual, take your time, no one's gonna pester ya.

Damn the weapon looks cool, it almost doesn't like a toy at all
And yeah Dynamic Type looks so much better here, now we'll wait for the debut

Goddamn, he's shiny. Still not very satisfied with the color choices, first in my memory, as I think it could probably be a bit more encompassing over his body, since the silver kind of messes with it. Overall, Dynamic doesn't stray from previous styles very much in the end.

Though it does continue the trend of unique final forms. Tri-Strium was first to not be completely gold or black primaries, DRC had a unique knightly look, Glitter Eternity was orange and bronze-faced, a very divergent look for sure and they all worked. Dynamic is certainly a worthy successor all things considered, and I'm eager to see it in action.

[Ultraman DECKER RUMORS]

POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER
POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER
POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER

Disclaimer: As always this is a 50:50 rumor, could be true, could be false. Be careful if you don't want to get spoiled. Stop reading right here.

Are you sure you want to continue? Here it is:

- Ultraman DECKER Dynamic Type is a new form that only exists in the current KANATA timeline. Based on the original history, DECKER did not have this form before.

- When DECKER from this time fused with DECKER from the future, a Dynamic Type form was born that should never have existed in the original history.

- Masashi Taniguchi will play the role of DECKER from the future. He is in the same timeline as YUZARE who gave KENGO the Ultra Dual Sword and 4 Ultra Dimension Cards in episode 7.

- The Giants of Darkness ruled and became the nightmare of people in the past. In contrast, in the future SPHERE is the biggest threat to humans. The SPHERE of the future is much more powerful and dangerous than in the present timeline.

- The future timeline is about 300 years away. Based on the original historical records, Earth is still enveloped by the SPHERE.

- Professor ASAKAGE (the person who created the TERRAPHASER weapon) is a human from the future timeline. He came (probably on purpose) and got stuck in the present.

- The TERRAPHASER A.I. starts to have its own consciousness (not HANEJIRO), then betrays and switches sides to SPHERESAURUS.

- After being defeated by DECKER Dynamic Type, this robot will be repaired again (the situation is like KING JOE STORAGE Custom).

- Upcoming Kaiju: SPHERESAURUS, NOISELER, Larva PANDON, and PANDON.

- KANATA is later sent to the future where he meets Ultraman DINUS/DYNUS.

- The DINUS/DYNUS design is similar to the DECKER Flash Type, but the color timer is on the right.

Phew. Look at this shit that has a 50:50. That's 50% too likely that it may as well be correct at this rate. You know what this means? Probability Manipulation for Kanata Decker. I said it before, I'm not ready.

Damn so the theme for New Gen Neo Frontier is literally time travel, first Trigger and now Decker
And thank god they wouldn't leave Terraphaser like that after get defeated, looks like it get an better fate than Ultroid Zero

Oh, goddamn. That's the first uniqie variation of the Killer models I've seen and it looks boss as hell. Any idea what the plot might be?

Also, weird thought, think there will ever be a time we'd need to make Stage Show variant profiles considering they seem to be their own canon and has one way or another affected the pimary canon?

The latest episode for October:

#13: Jumbling Rock (Recap)
Director: Naoyuki Uchiida
Writer: Yukinobu Tsuruta

#14: The Birth Of The Demon God - Decker and Terraphaser, the strongest duo, are well-received by the people. However, a disturbing shadow that is hidden, begins to advance.

Director: Masayoshi Takesue
Writer: Toshizo Nemoto

#15: A Promise For Tommorow (Dynamic Type Debut): A mysterious figure appears in front of Kanata. As the reality behind Sphere and Decker is revealed, a dynamic miracle has arrived.

Director: Masayoshi Takesue
Writer: Toshizo Nemoto

#16: You Are What You Are: The phrase "Hatred of mankind" still lingers in Kanata's heart. Then, a small monster appears on the side of the road, and the TPU begins to catch it.

Director: Kazuhiro Nakagawa
Writer: Aya Satsuki

Ahhhahahahahaha... Masayoshi back on the helm, huh? Decker is going to get some serious testicular torsion from all the twisting he'll be suffering.

Also, hatred of mankind, huh? That's some Ark sounding shit.

And interesting, Dynamic's backside is where most of Decker's red went. I can't believe I didn't guess that. Regardless, I'm very much hoping thag because Dynamic takes more blue, it means he has more of Miracle's capabilities. I mean, who wouldn't want a haxlord final form? For once, I'd like to see how TsuPro deals with that.

Back