• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Ultraman Decker episode 1 is out and man I have to say this is way better than Ultraman Trigger episode 1. And huh I thought Sphere only attacked Earth based on the leaks but it seems like they also attacked Mars. I guess that might explain why Kengo won't be on Earth for a year. He's likely busy fighting off the Spheres on Mars or in space as Trigger. Really interested in seeing how things will go from here on out.

How long has it been since episode 1 ended in a loss? Discord bois said Nexus, and even that's long ago. This is legit epic, man. Storytelling, cinematography, pacing, everything. Decker decked us in the face with this new episode.

Wait did Nexus lose in episode 1? I thought he only appeared and killed a mini Space Beast in episode 1 or am I misremembering? But yeah this episode completely blew away all my expectations. The space battle in particular was something I wasn't expecting at all. Haven't seen one of those in a while.

I also forgot what happens in Nexus' early episodes, and damn right, Decker really went "not yet" on the Spheres.

Regardless, that was fresh; and definitely a way better method of building up and eventually illustrating the idea of hope.

Decker also showed an Ultra's Enhanced Sensed really well with how his eyes reflected the barrier forming around Earth.

Yup to all that. Also I wonder if Ignis and Trigger Dark will reappear. Like thinking about it now we've got confirmation of Kengo, Akito, and Yuna reappearing but we didn't have any news regarding Ignis. Like he did say if Earth ever needs him he might show up. I'm kind of expecting him to reappear perhaps alongside Decker's new form Dynamic Type. Cause if he appears then there's a chance they will use Trigger Truth and it would be fun to see them fight the mid series series boss together like Ginga Victory did with X against Gua Spectre (Incomplete). Right now based on the leaks I'm expecting Sphere Megalothor to be the mid series boss.

Huh, that makes sense, and would probably be better if Sphere Megalothor was the midboss if Trigger's role is going to be anything like Geed's. I was thinking S.Megalothor was gonna be the usual 19 super boss, but you know, the fact the Spheres have anything to do with it clearly says it's primarily story stuff there.

Not all episode 19 have bosses. That's why I think it's more likely that Sphere Megalothor will be a mid season boss since it's more likely for a boss to appear mid season or after the mid season episode. Since sometimes the mid season is just a stronger than normal enemy to allow the new form to debut while the episode after that is when the actual mid season boss like Gua and Diavolo appear.

Oh right also
Katsuya Takagi aka Tatsumi Seiya former captain of GUTS-Select will appear in episode 7 of Ultraman Decker. If I remember correctly somebody said this is also the episode where Trigger returns. So I guess most of the old GUTS-Select members will return around episode 7 and 8. Since that seems to be the episodes where the Ultras of old series will appear now.

Not all episode 19 have bosses. That's why I think it's more likely that Sphere Megalothor will be a mid season boss since it's more likely for a boss to appear mid season or after the mid season episode. Since sometimes the mid season is just a stronger than normal enemy to allow the new form to debut while the episode after that is when the actual mid season boss like Gua and Diavolo appear.
Oh yeah. I keep forgetting that Ginga Strium and Exceed X didn't get bosses to match their power-ups with.

And I guess Trigger's return is as good of a time as any to bring back the others, huh? I'm worried Tesshin and Himari won't get their chance to be amended given their actors taking the role under a similar condition as Takaya reprising as Juggler. I honestly liked those two, short as their moments and nonexistent as their development were.

Managed to get two staffs to look at the thread. Just need Sir Ovens to respond and we’ll have 3 staffs okaying the thread and once that is done i’ll make the changes and probably post the Eternity Core profile which has been sitting in my sandbox for nearly a year.

Oh right also Ultraman Dynas transformation sound effect got cracked by a guy on BiliBili

Same with Ultraman Decker Dynamic Type

Ah, that's great, it's a non-scaleable item but at least we got something that has the potential to illustrate how far the tiering can still go up to.

You know, that's concerning. How the hell is Decker's stuffs so easily leaked and cracked?

Yeah I’m just trying to finish all the CRTs and stuff by tomorrow so that I don’t have to fix up the profiles during the two weeks I’ll be on vacation.

Pft guess you haven’t seen the Pre-Taiga era where the design and names for the final forms came out while the show was still in production. Like seriously back then before whoever the whole leak fiasco on Twitter you could find the name and design of Tokusatsu characters‘ final forms months before the show began.

Yeah I’m just trying to finish all the CRTs and stuff by tomorrow so that I don’t have to fix up the profiles during the two weeks I’ll be on vacation.

Pft guess you haven’t seen the Pre-Taiga era where the design and names for the final forms came out while the show was still in production. Like seriously back then before whoever the whole leak fiasco on Twitter you could find the name and design of Tokusatsu characters‘ final forms months before the show began.
Wow, what the hell? But weirdly enough, I think I actually remember something like that.

It make me wonder that in Decker opening, Yuichirou (portrayed by Koyanagi) doesn't show up
This basically tell us something...
Among Us plot thread confirmed!? Nah, seriously though, it's probably just because he hasn't apepared yet.

Speaking of characters, that reminds me of the poster. Notice how the trainees are all on the left side of the poster? While Murahoshi and Sawa were on the right? It's such a simple thing, but I like how it essentially conveys the idea of changing times.

Yeah, I'll probably be back to being not as active as I can be by today.

Btw do you guys think Leo should be High 4-C+ or 4-B during his first appearance in the Showa era. The staffs I called told us to decide for ourselves so what should we do? Upscale him to 4-B or just keep him as High 4-C+?

Also f*ck just realized I missed a Ultraman connection event yesterday. Crap hope there wasn't any really important info that I missed.

What's the supposed AP for the Ultras at that point? Going off of Leo's "fight" with the Brothers and the typical statement of new being stronger to couple with that, Leo could very well sit snugly at 4-B. Pretty much just bringing the ratings to a round about.

This was the scaling

Astra >= Leo > Taro 20x> Ace > Seven =< Jack w/ Ultra Bracelet >> Bemstar = SN1054 Supernova (1 Foe)

4-B starts at 22.77 Foe and Leo is stronger than Taro who is far stronger than 20 Foe

Astra was stated a few times to be stronger than Leo in databooks. But he was also stated to be comparable a few times. So overall it seems like at the time of Ultraman Leo
Astra >= Leo

Huh. Probably would have been better if it was stated so during the time of TDC since I find that to be much more believable by that point.

Having found out there will be such a thing as non-duality, do you think Greeza could somehow classify for it?

Shit, that's what I was thinking at first, but we literally have a scan of him being the 0 in a binary unit. Plus him being the nonexistence side that Geed's seal made.

So uhh... just consider this a rambling.

Decker episode 2. Also an excuse to make this thread not as dead as it actually is.

No offense to Trigger, never had any towards the series in the first place, because these 2 episodes of Decker already did so much better in establishing what's what in character, their goals and dynamics as a result of all those combined.

Overall the episode was definitely so much more character driven, even seen through the fight scene which when that happens, usually goes much slower and focuses more on ramifications of certain events, whether during or one set up way earlier, such as Asumi's injury.

My favorite point in the episode is the absolute audacity they had in already serving us another wham shot with the civilians' plight. It just hits different. We're already dealing with the cut-off, now we're seeing firsthand what these attacks can do to people. If Trigger carried over Nexus' focus on willpower, Decker brought back the emphasis on attack repercussions on where we usually don't see it whenever these literal giants fight.

Overall, Decker is already shaping up great in 2 episodes, and last I said this was on R/B, also directed by Takesue. Weird.

Decker episode 2. Also an excuse to make this thread not as dead as it actually is.

No offense to Trigger, never had any towards the series in the first place, because these 2 episodes of Decker already did so much better in establishing what's what in character, their goals and dynamics as a result of all those combined.

Overall the episode was definitely so much more character driven, even seen through the fight scene which when that happens, usually goes much slower and focuses more on ramifications of certain events, whether during or one set up way earlier, such as Asumi's injury.

My favorite point in the episode is the absolute audacity they had in already serving us another wham shot with the civilians' plight. It just hits different. We're already dealing with the cut-off, now we're seeing firsthand what these attacks can do to people. If Trigger carried over Nexus' focus on willpower, Decker brought back the emphasis on attack repercussions on where we usually don't see it whenever these literal giants fight.

Overall, Decker is already shaping up great in 2 episodes, and last I said this was on R/B, also directed by Takesue. Weird.
Inb4 they played the reverse card where Trigger is okay but mid and Decker is awesome, unlike Tiga which was awesome and Dyna was okay but mid

They aren't already doing that?
Also, ayy, didn't realize you also agree to the idea that Dyna was comparatively and notably lesser all things considered.

And,
Oh right the episode comes out today. Been on vacation so I haven’t really been chatting here much.
Eh, that's fine man. At your pace.

They aren't already doing that?
Also, ayy, didn't realize you also agree to the idea that Dyna was comparatively and notably lesser all things considered.
Not entirely lel, the finale arc of Dyna was nuts and Dyna was the second series that i watched in my childhood beside Cosmos

That's why I said all things considered. Dyna was great, got heart, but ya can't deny it's got its moments. I will die on the hill that mfs called Asuka "reckless" or tell him "don't be reckless" more than Kengo said "smile smile". At least Dyna's fights went pretty hard, I mean have you seen the Bishmel fight? Goddamn.

Back