• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Page 5 and 6 of Jean-Nine's chapter

For the first time, Chuara, who had never paused, was silent. She seemed to be confused.

“Although it was only for a moment, it was a melody that was unknown to me even after acquiring all the knowledge in the universe. It was something that did not belong to any cultural system. Just by hearing this song, a new idea came to me.”

“New idea?”

“If there is no correct answer, then I just have to eliminate all uncertainty from the question.”

Hearing Chuara’s inorganic-like answer, Jean-Nine’s heart couldn’t help but shiver.

“Are you… going to destroy any objects that possess a heart?”

“That's right. After countless exchanges, I have an understanding of the problems caused by the heart. Beatstar who created you was also born with a heart and perished because of it. The heart invites great problems for the universe. There is no doubt about that.”

“But isn't it a bit too hasty to arrive at a solution for annihilation on this!?”

“You are indeed correct, I am also a bit hesitant. The new ideas brought forth by this song were absolutely impossible for the old me.”

Jean-Nine was not yet sure what the origin of the "song" was, but it was clear that the Chuara before him had not yet been completely dominated by the new ideas brought by the "song".

“Jean-Nine, you seem to be opposed to this option. What is your reasoning?”

Jean-Nine pondered carefully. If the reason given was too broad, then there was a good chance that Chuara would favor the option of destruction. He had to give a reasonable explanation to convince Chuara, otherwise the consequences would be unimaginable.

But at the moment, what came to his mind was a memory related to - a small creature. Can this memory answer Chuara’s doubts?

Although he wasn’t completely sure, Jean-Nine still began to tell the memories.

“Once, Princess Emerana, whom my brother served, invited my friends and I to go to a planet, wanting us all to recuperate our mind and body. We accepted the invitation and flew together to the coast of the planet. The weather was beautiful, and in the boundary between the sea and the land was a vast beach. In addition to the five of us, there was Princess Emerana and Pigmon, who also came here.”

“Pigmon - I know, a friendly monster that doesn't like war.”

That's right. It seemed to have been Pigmon’s first time seeing the ocean so he jumped around rather happily. We watched him thrash back and forth on the rocks near him and it wasn't long before Pigmon began to run up and down the beach in an unnatural way.

“An unnatural way?”

“First it ran in a long straight line, then suddenly it ran in a zigzag, and then suddenly it made a small turn… After a while, we finally saw what it was trying to do. Pigmon was on the beach, with its own tracks, painting a giant portrait of all of us ."

“A portrait…?”

“Yeah, although some parts were not so realistic, it painted a friendship portrait with all of us together.”

“What was Pigmon's reason for doing this?

“Oh, I'm not sure about that. From my perspective as a bystander, this behavior has nothing to do with it maintaining its own life. Moreover, even if it did not do so, our relationship with it would not have changed. So, I deduced that it did not draw the portrait for us to protect it either. However, looking at the portrait, I had an incredible feeling. I felt my body temperature slowly rising, as if something was boiling and about to overflow. I even wanted to stop time at this moment. My partner told me that this feeling is called joy, happiness.”

As Jean-Nine continued he gradually began to comprehend the truth and said:

“Yeah, you could say that Pigmon provided us with spiritual salvation.”

Final two pages of Jean-Nine's chapter

Chuara did not make any response. Jean-Nine continued:

“If I hadn't gotten a heart, if I had remained a slave to Beatstar, I would certainly have wiped them all out without any emotions. Needless to say, my encounter with these good friends like Zero, and the dialogue and exchange with others can often bring unexpected experiences. Don’t you feel this, Chuara?”

The question raised by Jean-Nine didn't get a response. What is Chuara thinking about?

After an eerie silence, Chuara suddenly spoke up and said:

“I can see now, I was just one step away from eliminating the possibility of answering all of them.”

“What?”

"I just deleted the option that the song induced me to associate with from within me. I actually tried many times before that, but each time the deletion would fail. In the process of you memorializing the emotions that Pigmon had for you, the program inside me that was contaminated by the song slowly began to return to normal.”

“I see… I’m glad I could help you out.”

“This conversation with you has been very meaningful indeed. I will continue to explore for answers.”

“Hmm. If you find your answer in the future, be sure to tell me.”

“Okay, I will.”

Jean-Nine’s vision was illuminated by a white glow.

Jean-Nine came to his senses and found himself surrounded by the same landscape of planets as before he fell into the dark world. And Jean-Bot was standing next to himself.

“Jean-Nine? What's wrong with you?

“I was… How long was I dazed for?”

“How long? Just now, you did look like the function had stopped, but it was only for about a second.”

“A second?”

Jean-Nine felt that his conversation with Chuara lasted for a long time, but he didn't expect that only a second had passed in the real world.

“... One second!”

Jean-Nine repeated the word quite profoundly, this made Jean-Bot rather worried.

“Are you okay? We could go to Planet Esmeralda together and double check…”

“Thank you brother. Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'll tell you more about it when we get back.”

Telling this story to my brother will probably take a long time. Jean-Nine quickened his pace and walked forward. He unconsciously began to imagine Chuara’s future.

How long will it be before she finds the answer? I hope she can find an answer that satisfies herself..

For the first time, Jean-Nine clearly felt an emotion called "anticipation".

Here's the google docs link

And here's the Reddit link

Last edited:
And with this we are done with the other members of Ultimate Force Zero. And now we go back to Zero and the Guardian of Time in 6th and final chapter of the novel Chapter 6: The Encounter with Time

Probably gonna translate a few pages today since it is the longest chapter of them all. Also since its mostly a battle chapter do you guys still want me to release a few pages at a time or all at once instead?

Edit: Also a bit of correction. The combination move they used at the beginning of Jean-Nine's chapter is actually Final Ultimate Force Zero.

Last edited:
If it is long, even if mostly battles, I think just a few chapters would be alright. Assuming you haven't already started since it's been nearly an hour. Shit.

I actually have started a bit. I guess I'll post the first 5 pages at once since that's basically the first round of the fight.

Actually the first page seems like a pretty nice prologue to the chapter so I'll post it now. I'll post page 2-5 all at once later when I'm done translating them.

Ultimate Force Zero ~Side Story~
Episode 6 Final Chapter
“The Encounter with Time”

In the middle of the vast universe, there floats a lavender planet. The planet is surrounded by two star-crossed rings, each of which looks like the rings of Saturn we know.

Among them, there is a place on the horizontal ring that keeps emitting a faint bright light. From a distance, the bright light looked like a tiny point of light that flashed on and off. Among the group of rocks in the ring belt, there is an extraordinarily large rock. As the camera moves closer, we can see clearly that this so-called small light spot was actually a huge explosion that occurred on the surface of this rock.

A person flew out of the dust from the explosion and landed in the distance.

“Tch, what the hell is this guy!?”

The one who just landed was Ultraman Zero. He kneeled on one knee, his shoulders trembling up and down tremendously, it seems like he has consumed a lot of stamina.

“Are you alright!?”

“Here hold me and stand still, Zero.”

Mirror Knight and Glenfire landed behind Zero and reached out to help him up. The two of them also looked seriously injured, their situation looked worrisome.

“Jean-Nine, watch your left side!”

“Roger, brother.”

Jean-Bot and Jean-Nine slowly landed in front of Zero, Mirror Knight and Glenfire. Jean-Bot held the battle axe in a battle stance, and Jean-Nine extended his right hand equipped with a cannon. The two brothers are ready to fight at any time.

Their metal bodies are shown with visible yet subtle scars, it seems like they also endured a certain amount of damage.

“It has appeared!”

Jean-Bot informed the other four in a loud voice, and all five switched to a combat stance in an instant.

That's weird, nobody else edited it, and I'm pretty sure P&A wasn't touched by that guy. I'll add it again later.

Pages 2-5 of the final chapter. Lots of nice abilities being shown here.

The dust in front left gradually became thinner, from which a human-shaped black shadow could be faintly distinguished. All members of Ultimate Force Zero were staring at it with bated breath, not daring to relax their guard.

Finally, the dust settled and the black shadow revealed its original face. It was a bright silver "object".

Although it has a human appearance, the surface of the whole body is extremely smooth, like a mirror. It has no appearance to speak of, and you cannot see any expressions at all. You can't even distinguish its front from its back. It is a completely lifeless "object".

If an unsuspecting person saw it, they would undoubtedly think of it as a harmless statue. But turning our heads and looking at the highly alert posture of the members of Ultimate Force Zero, we can also feel that this "object" does not have good intentions.

The confrontation between the two sides made the air around them so tense that it seemed to freeze up. Only the dust caused by the aftermath of the explosion was floating around.

“It’s coming!”

Before Zero could finish, the "object" stood upright without any preparatory action, and rushed directly towards them at a very fast speed. The five of them immediately scattered to the sky to avoid the direct attack of the "object". At the same time as they flew up, Zero and Mirror Knight had already assumed the firing position of their finisher technique.

“Wide Zero Shot!”

“Silver Cross!”

Just when their beam was about to hit the "object", its body suddenly became as soft as liquid and a deep black hole appeared. Zero and Mirror Knight's beam were sucked into the black hole, and seemed to flow around inside the "object", making the interior of the "object" appear both bright and dark. Its external appearance also rippled with the effect, the original human form is no longer traceable.

“Oh shit! It’s still not working!”

“Zero! Be careful!”

The "object" that was wobbling uncontrollably a second ago regained its human form in an instant, releasing Wide Zero Shot and Silver Cross from its surface. Zero and Mirror Knight hurriedly put out a barrier to block it, but were still pushed far away by the impact of energy and fell to the ground.

“Uoohhh!”

Glenfire saw the moment when the "object" stopped moving after reflecting the beams, and swung the Fire Stick he just created down at it. However-

“Ah h- Huh?”

Before being hit by the stick, the body of the "object" became soft again, shapeshifting to avoid the attack. At this time, Glenfire is being held by the strength of the long stick, his body can’t help but lean forward.

“You fell for it!”

Glenfire followed the momentum of leaning forward, and after doing a 360-degree flip, his right hand was stretched out without a moment's notice, accompanied by a boom, as flame erupted. It turns out that he had expected that the Fire Stick attack would be dodged, so he deliberately made a fake move in response to the plan. His flame attack seemed to work as expected, and the "object" was completely surrounded by flames.

“How about that, you bastard! It’s impossible to use the same tactic to fool me!”

But his triumph didn’t last long, the "object" was not hurt by the fire at all, it stretched out his left hand, which had become like a mechanical arm, and suddenly grabbed the right hand of Glenfire. Immediately after, with an incomparable force, he threw him out horizontally. The "object" stood in place without moving like a transcendent being. Its body does not even have a trace of being burned, its surface still reflects the surrounding landscape, while emitting its own light.

In its reflected landscape, a red and white robot was fast approaching.

It was Jean-Bot coming at it with the Battle Ax. The steel battle axe was spun horizontally aiming at the body of the "object" in an attempt to to cut it. But then came the muffled sound of a "bang".

“Mmmm!!!”

Jean-Bost let out an anxious voice.

It turned out that the "object" turned its right hand into the exact same shape as the Battle Ax and stopped Jean-Bot’s attack. Jean-Bot used all his strength to try to suppress his opponent, but the "object" was as immovable as a wall. The creaking sound of metal squeezing each other came, and sparks appeared from the junction of the two giant axes.

“Now!”

Jean-Bot suddenly shouted loudly, and jumped to the side. At this time, from the direction that Jean-Bot had been blocking, a red beam pointed straight at the "object" and penetrated its body. This beam is a powerful beam fired from Jean-Nine’s abdomen - the Jean Buster.

“Did it work!?”

Jean-Bot whispered. This time the ray was not sucked into the black hole like Zero and Mirror Knight’s. Maybe, this time the attack will be able give the other side some damage -

“Brother, look out!!!”

Jean-Nine, who was firing the ray, loudly informed Jean-Bot, at the same time, the body of the “object” was once again distorted. As the Jean Buster penetrated its body, the “object”s body slowly turned into a donut-like hoop. The light passed through the hollow part of the hoop without causing the slightest damage to it. Not only that, after the "object" rotated the hoop-like body in a counterclockwise direction, the rays actually went back in the direction of Jean-Nine as if time was reversed.

“Woahhh!?”

Jean-Nine was caught off guard, and after a small explosion at the launch port in his abdomen, he staggered and fell back. Jean-Bot hurried over and helped him.

“Are you alright!?”

“I'm fine, the shock of the explosion is bearable. But what kind of skill is that…”

Jean-Nine watched the "object" regain its human form again and was puzzled. The other three members of Ultimate Force Zero came to the side of the robot brothers.

“It’s so annoying, doesn't this piece of shit have a weakness!?”

“Beams will be absorbed by it as well as reflected.”

“Oh oh, and the scorching of the flames doesn't work at all either.”

“Weapons and missiles will all be copied and reflected back.”

“But the Jean Buster just now wasn't quite the same. It seemed to have completely reversed the flow of energy…”

The five of them thought about their own attack process, and finally came to the conclusion that no one could do anything about it.

“So what do we do? We don't even know if this guy is good or bad now. Should we leave it alone for now?”

Glenfire tried to change the heavy mood of the group by proposing a new thought. After a few moments, Mirror Knight replied:

“That's one way to go, but judging from its movements, I think it's targeting Zero.”

After saying that, the four of them looked at Zero together.

Zero scratched his head and agreed with Mirror Knight's speculation:

“…Yeah, I think so too. It's not clear what the reason is yet, but it is indeed coming after me.”

“Zero you haven’t done something bad that attracted people's hatred right?”

Possibly Inorganic Physiology, shapeshifting, absorption, and reflection. Possibly possibly time manipulation as well? Probably obvious, but is this the Guardian's body?

Zero's ESP should be updated a little. Unless there were more instances of Ultras being able to sense intentions.

Yes. You are correct. This is the guardian’s body. We could probably make a profile for the Guardian. Though only his body would have a tier. His true power with the body and spirit together would still probably just be an unknown.

Yeah that’s fine.

Nice. Yeah that should be fine for now. Cool that he can also use hax while split. If that can be manually activated that would make for some serious advantage in matches.

Alright.

Also just saying you missed Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Spaceflight, Extrasensory Perception, Self-Sustainence, Power Mimicry, and Black Hole Creation for the Guardian’s body. He also showed some more abilities later on.

But yeah I’ll translate the rest tomorrow. I’ll see if I can finish it early.

Ah, thanks. And uh, I'll be disappointed if he didn't show anymore powers. Like usual, damn these are some good hauls.

Yep pretty nice haul once again. Also just remembered I missed Body Control and Light Manipulation. I’m not sure if there’s still any abilities I missed in the first 5 pages. But oh well we’ll figure them out later. I don’t think his body showed too many other abilities later on. If I remember correctly the other abilities it showed were Self-Destruction, Explosion Manipulation, Immortality, and Regeneration.

Last edited:
Just letting you guys know, the Discord server I was in was gracious enough to livestream the stream. So, I'll be waiting for when you guys catch up because I can't really post leak pics on mobile.

However, I can tell ya the leaks:
*Shin Ultraman
*ULTRAMAN Season 2
*Kaiju Decode
*(Something about the SSSS. Universe, couldn't quite hear anything, sorry)
*And most importantly, Ultraman Trigger: Episode Z (Dir. Masayoshi Takesue|Writer. Toshizo Nemoto) Post-series movie coming 18th March 2022.

Sadly nothing about TDC.

Last edited:
Just saw the trailer. So yeah the leak from
Tieba a while back about the special episode with Evil Trigger is real it seems. Though this does kind of spoil the fact that everybody survives.

UGF3 trailer will probably be revealed Saturday on the other connection.

Episode was right, just that probably nobody was expecting it to be a movie title of all things. Also, it's likely Destrudos returns going by a quick shot in the trailer.

Or Friday; that's what I heard.

I thought they called it Episode Z? Sounds more like a special rather than a movie to me. But man who’d have thought we’d get a Trigger/Z Special rather than simply a Trigger Special. Ahhh shit Destrudos returning. Can’t wait to see the scaling go ham and treat Destrudos like a fodder once Trigger enters his light/dark fusion with Trigger Dark.

Oh right forgot that there’s time zone differences between Asia and America.

Well I'm pretty sure they wrote "映画" so I'm just going by that. Oh yeah, unless they're still making him a threat, which would be just as welcome. If he still has D4, that'd be better.

The special is weird though, like when does it take place in the grand scheme if things?

I heard the Tieba user explain that it’s technically a special but also a movie or some weird stuff like that due to the existence of Tsuburaya Imagination. I don’t remember the specifics but both terms are technically correct in this case.

It’s set 2 years after the finale of Ultraman Trigger. GUTS-Select has a new captain and there’s a new weird cult thing. The new captain is probably the leader of the cult and will become Evil Trigger.

Last edited:
Oh right also GRIDMAN X DYNAZENON is going to be a movie.

Man they really are going to same route as Zombieland Saga. Now we just have to see if they will be best buds again and release their movies in the same season.

Last edited:
I see.

I mean, in terms of multiversal chronology. I know it's 2 years after Trigger, which is a nice choice.

Also, gonna be honest, not really that excited for Gridman. I've watched and enjoyed SSSS. Gridman, but beyond that, not much. Still cool that they're expanding their medium though.

Ahh you mean in terms of the other series. Well we know it’s definitely before New Generation Dyna. But I’m guessing it will probably be set after UGF3.

I see. Well to each of our own I guess.

Definitely looks like it. Damn, now I'm expecting TDC to release January or February if they're gonna put the events in chronological order.

Ultraman Decker trademark confirmed

Also I need to do some stuff IRL so I’ll be translating the chapter later tonight.

Last edited:
Also some interview info from Tsubucon

1. The new captain actor Yuichi Nakamura said that his captain is different from Captain Tatsumi, and is a gentler and easier to touch character.

2. Terasaka, said that it was thanks to the audience's support for tv that they made this special (Everyone was very happy when they first heard about it)

3. Hirano Kohshu said that because Z did not get a movie, he wanted to leave a trace here in the special, and hopes that Z’s movie can be realized in the future.

Last edited:
1. And that's why he's suspicious.
2. No sirees, it really is TsuPro themselves that actually managed to bring themselves to this point. That's why I'm really thankful for their content.
3. Same, Haruki. Same.

Damn they did Evil Trigger very well here, that some sick a** design and performance, now what we need is the origin of him and the relation with the giant of darkness (would be a twist if Captain Tatsumi is Evil Trigger instead the new captain but we'll see)
Also Z getting possessed by Devil Splinter? Also yep, Trigger Dark is basically the secondary Ultra and i'm all of with it

Some people speculate it might be Celebro as the left eye turning red also happened to whoever gets possessed by Celebro.

Sorry for being so late a bunch of bad stuff happened IRL. Anyway here's the rest of chapter 6

“Probably not, I tried multiple scans on it, but this guy doesn't seem to have any signs of life or a heart.”

Unlike Glenfire’s playful question, Jean-Nine’s answer was very calm.

The inorganic appearance of the “object” seems to confirm Jean-Nine’s conclusion.

“—You guys, lend me your strength!”

In order to eliminate everyone's doubts and silence, Zero spoke up.

Glenfire seems to be very excited:

“Oh? Are we going to use the ultimate move?”

“But, if even the ultimate move gets reflected back then—”

In response to Mirror Knight's cautious objection, Zero explained.

“Since we can't ignore it, we should gamble with our maximum output while we still have the power. Besides, it doesn’t seem like we have time to hesitate.”

Hearing Zero say so, Mirror Knight looked up to see that the “object” had been slowly moving towards them.

“Seems like you’re right…”

“Come!!!”

Zero stretched out his left hand and transformed the bracelet into the Ultimate Aegis - Super Bow Mode. The remaining four also quickly circled around the Ultimate Aegis and Zero in a combat stance, injecting their own power into the Ultimate Aegis. The sand and dust around them were swirled up by the vortex and fluttered with the wind as the power of the five of them were concentrated into one. As the power gathered, the blue crystals embedded in the Ultimate Aegis were gradually lit up. The two crystals at the tip emitted orange and green in turn, the two on the left and right were red and white, and the middlemost showed a light blue glow. These rays represent the power of the five members of Ultimate Force Zero, and finally the Ultimate Aegis as a whole emits a strong glow.

“Final Ultimate Force Zero!!!!!”

After the group shouted, the Ultimate Aegis entwined with their powers flew straight at the “object” that was moving towards them in the blink of an eye. A huge explosion followed, and the surrounding area was enveloped in a white flash.

The five of them released their firing positions, and stared unblinkingly in the direction of the explosion. The unprecedented terror and silence seemed to engulf everything.

Jean-Bot suddenly shouted loudly, breaking the silence.

“Moving object detected! What is going on here!?”

“Jean-Bot! What did you see!?”

“There are countless numbers of these guys' energy signatures — We’ve been surrounded!”

“What!?”

The remaining four panicked and rushed to confirm the surroundings. A closer look, indeed, around them, there are countless “objects” on the ground with the same texture as the previous “object”, but only the size of a fist.

“Impossible — is it still alive even after being blown to pieces?”

Mirror Knight asked loudly in a trembling voice. No one answered yet, and a white light was emitted from the fragment of the “object”, triggering a chain of explosions. Zero and others were unable to escape, and they were all enveloped by the explosion one after the other.

The explosion ended and the dust settled. The five of them had lost consciousness in the explosion and fell to the ground.

“Da-Damn it…, You can do that…”

Zero was the first to wake up, he groaned in pain while preparing to get up. A figure appeared in front of him. When he picked up his head, he saw his own reflection being reflected in the front of the “object” that had regained its human form and occupied his vision.

From the posture of the “object”, you still wouldn’t be able to figure out what this inorganic object wants to do. However, its target being Zero, is probably correct. The “object” stretched out its body like a cloth, intending to wrap Zero in it.

Zero tried to escape, but the damage caused by the explosion just now was too much, his body is unable to use any strength. When the “object’s” silver body was about to wrap around him, Zero suddenly thought.

“If-If only I could turn into that golden form—”

At the same time, there was another huge explosion at where Zero and the “object” were.

Before the explosion, Zero saw the back of a man with a golden glow. They seemed to be coming to his rescue. The visitor fired a ray of light from his head, and the explosion blasted the silver "object" far, far away.

After the golden comer released the light emission posture, he slowly turned around and said to Zero.

“I came to save you from the future!”

“You are—!!!”

The person in front of Zero, is none other than Zero himself who has transformed into Shining Ultraman Zero.

“You said you came from the future, what does that mean — Also your power—”

Zero’s mind was a muddled mess. The future Zero told him.

“It is the literal meaning. I am the one who can harness the golden power, the future you.”

The future Zero reached out and helped the unexpected to bewildered Zero to his feet. At the same time he whispered in his ear.

“Go find the Waterfall of Time. The key to controlling the golden power is there.”

“Waterfall of Time…?”

This is the first time Zero has heard of such a place, he still wanted to continue asking questions. But at that moment, in the distance came a high sound similar to the scraping of metal.

The source of the sound was the vibration from the body of the “object” that was just knocked out by Zero at the end. From what Zero could see, this is the first time that the “object” has shown emotions.

“What is going on…? This is the first time I have seen it have any reaction.”

Zero reflexively went on alert, but the future Zero replied unhurriedly:

“It’s probably because what he wants has finally appeared. We’re out of time. Use the Ultimate Aegis!”

“But… I just finished firing an ultimate move, I probably can’t use the Aegis now.”

“You can do it.”

Future Zero put his hand on Zero’s Ultimate Bracelet. And a gleaming golden sphere slowly enveloped it.

“Could it be, everything in the range of this sphere will have its flow of time accelerated!”

"Currently this skill is only effective in a small area. It should soon be restored."

As Future Zero said, the bracelet began to gradually regain its bright luster. However, Zero still looked puzzled, and he asked Future Zero.

“Will it really work? Just now it broke even our combined ultimate move.”

“It's enough as long as you can grab its attention.”

The future Zero seemed to know everything and answered very calmly. Seeing his future self so calm, Zero also made up his mind and nodded firmly.

“I understand… Let’s go!!!”

The bracelet once again shone with an intense light and changed into the huge Ultimate Aegis - Super Bow Mode. Due to the effect of the golden sphere, it had been completely filled with energy. After Zero fully pulled the strings of the super bow,

“Final Ultimate Zero!”

Following Zero’s shout, the Ultimate Aegis hit the center of the “object” and began to spin like a drill, trying to penetrate the “object’s” body.

However, the “object” began to deform into a circular hoop shape as it had done with Jean-Nine, and began to rotate counterclockwise. The rotation of the Ultimate Aegis then became slow and finally stopped completely.

The "object" continued to rotate and the Ultimate Aegis was sent back to Zero’s side at an incredible speed.

After barely catching the Ultimate Aegis, it finally dawned on Zero:

“This guy… Could it be reversing time!?”

“Correct, and this is the moment I’ve been waiting for.”

As he said that, the future Zero stood in front of Zero, and reached for the “object” with both hands, the same golden sphere that was used to restore the energy of Zero’s bracelet wrapped around the hoop-shaped “object”.

The “object” tries to fight against the power of the sphere and rotates counterclockwise again. After the future Zero injected more power, the rotation of the “object” in the sphere gradually slowed down - and finally came to a complete stop.

Future Zero extended his hands and continued some small movements, manipulating the golden ball of light in the distance. The ball of light mimicked the movement of Future Zero, and gradually became smaller, until finally it was the same size as Zero’s head. Then, the future Zero waved to the golden ball of light and it slowly came to him before stopping. You can vaguely see that the ball of light is the same spherical “object”, only slightly smaller than the circle itself.

The battle that gave Ultimate Force Zero so much trouble came to an end in such a calm manner.

Zero finally relaxed his strength, and sat down dismally on the ground and asked his future self.

“This guy… in the end… What is its origin?”

“…One day you’ll know.”

When future Zero finished, he picked up the golden ball of light, and turned his back on Zero and got ready to leave.

“Hmpf, you’re right. Thank you! Ultraman Zero!”

After hearing this, the future Zero stopped walking. He turned his head back, and answered:

“…Oh right, good luck, Ultraman Zero.”

Zero could not see at this time, but in future Zero’s abdomen a hole appeared. It was the same black hole that appeared when he was previously summoned to the Waterfall of Time.

Future Zero reached out and touched the hole, and in the next instant he was sucked into the black hole and disappeared.

The next moment, future Zero has arrived at the Waterfall of Time.

“Here’s the thing you wanted.”

Zero threw the golden ball of light in his hand into the air and watched it disappear before returning to his normal form. At that moment, from nowhere came a low and majestic voice - this is the voice of the waterfall’s guardian.

“I have received it. Thank you.”

“After all, I am indebted to you.”

Zero recalled what happened when he came here and transformed into his golden form for the first time.

At that time, Zero completed the trial given by the guardian and returned to the waterfall. The guardian said to Zero:

“Since you have this power now, I have a favor to ask you.”

“A favor…?”

“I want you to bring my "body" back.”

According to the Guardian of Time’s explanation, not long ago (but from the timeline where Zero is currently in, it seems to be in the very distant future) someone triggered an explosion large enough to wipe out space-time, and the Waterfall of Time was also affected by the strong impact.

Fortunately, the collapse of the universe was stopped midway. However, the impact caused the Guardian of Time’s body to be separated from his spirit. His physical body was blown away to an unknown era, and there is no trace of it.

"I see. But why do you need me? If you are this powerful, you must have a solution yourself, right?"

“Some things are not so simple. A body without a spirit is just a vessel but if it does not move in any way, even I can have a hard time searching for it. However, my body will be attracted to one thing.”

“Are you talking about… my golden power?… I see, that silvery object was your body!”

“That is correct. The golden power that can manipulate time has a connection with this place. Looking at you now, you have probably seen it already.”

"I didn’t just merely see it… Now I have everything figured out…”

The future self that saved himself from the silver "object" is none other than himself who will now practice to gain control over the golden power.

“Your power can manipulate the time around you. As long as you practice diligently, you should be able to suppress my body. When you are ready, I will send you to that time.”

“I see you're the one who took care of the teleportation. No matter what, I have to learn to manipulate this golden power to do so. I'll help you with this favor."

—Afterwards, Zero went through all kinds of trials and tribulations, and finally learned how to control the golden power used to save his past self, and then returned to the Waterfall of Time.

“…Sorry for causing you so much trouble.”

Zero was recalling what had happened, when the Guardian of Time thanked him in a tone of rare admiration.

“You’re welcome. Thanks to your help, I am now able to control this power. And finally, I also want to thank you.”

“You’re right, this will be the last. Let us both protect our world!”

“Ah, that’s right. We all need to work harder!”

“…That’s right.”

For the first time, Zero felt a smile-like emotion from the tone of the Guardian of Time. His vision was then occupied by a dazzling light. After the light disappeared Zero was returned to the universe he was in.

He clenched and unclenched his fist many times, confirming the touch of his body. Finally, he lifted his head and gazed at a point in the distance.

“...Okay, time to head back. After finishing in a soft voice, Zero flew straight towards where his friends were like a shooting star.”

Let us turn back time and look at the Zero of the past. He heard from the mouth of his future self about the "Waterfall of Time", and announced to his friends at the Mighty Base that he was going to embark on a journey to find this place.

“Waterfall of Time… I have never heard of such a place.”

“But, this is now your only clue right? If you don’t go, how can you find the answer you’re searching for?”

“I’m saying, Zero doesn’t even know where to find this place.”

Mirror Knight and Glenfire started to argue like they always do.

“Her Highness is also very worried. You shouldn’t force yourself in this case!”

“You don't have to worry about things here. We brothers will be here.”

The two Jean brothers expressed their concern for Zero.

“Ahh, thanks guys!”

Looking at how everyone was still the same as usual, Zero replied with a smile.

“Okay, I’m off then!”

After Zero’s loud farewell, the remaining four nodded to him and watched him leave.

Anticipation and unease, these two opposite emotions swirled in his heart, Zero left his friends. In the distant vastness of the universe, he flies toward the distant end in a straight line.

Continued in Chapter 1

Here's the google docs link

Last edited:
Well there's no need to rush if there's something else that needs your attention.

On the chapter itself, man that was kinda confusing to follow through. Doesn't help with how Japanese novels are typically written.

But there they are, the rest of the Guardian's powers. And looks like Zero actually can use the time fields in combat, seeing as the near end implies we followed Future Zero and how he continued to further master Shining.

The whole thing about the Guardian's monolog about spirit and stuff gave me serious Deja Vu. I feel like I've been in this exact moment before, or saw it.

Yeah kind of confusing. So it seems like future Zero was the one that went back to save past Zero and tell him about the Waterfall of Time. But the thing is how did this loop start? So does this mean the Super-Dimension Eradication Bomb is what caused Zero to gain control of Shining to go back in time to tell Zero how to control Shining?

Yep the last of the Guardian's power. And like he said this isn't even him at full power as he said this is just his body without the spirit and it seemed like the body was pretty much mindless. Yep Shining Zero can slow down time to the point where they are completely stopped in time as well as accelerate time.

Yeah I also felt like I have heard this in some game or other manga or light novel series before.

Probably. Asking when a loop starts has always been yhe more confusing thing. Just like with Trigger.

Nice, this basically confirms that Shining has Time Stop as well. I think the Guardian's body should have resistance to space-time manipulation since it could turn itself into a black hole which I'm pretty sure have been many times described or portrayed as space-time distortions. Also indicating the possibility of layered time manipulation for Shining.

Yeah the loops are easily the most confusing things in the series.

The Guardian of Time did say Zero’s time powers are Connected to the Waterfall of Time. So does this mean Zero’s time manipulation is potentially countless layered? The Guardian’s body might also have this as he’s the one that controls the place.

Well damn, more like resistance negation then. Again and again, the novel just keeps adding more to Zero's arsenal. Well, for now we should probably consider the more reasonable 2-layer time manipulation due to his powers working against the non-full power Guardian and because more direct control of time seem to be stronger than just affecting space-time. Which is a weird mechanism, but hey, it makes for some serious hax.

Yeah that’s fair. But man this novel finally showed us how Shining Zero can fight. And the Guardian sure is haxxed even when he’s not at full power. His spirit itself without the body has timeline BFR like damn.

Also you think we can now treat Shining as 2x Ultimate at least? Cause we know from the Ginga S movie that Shining Zero is stronger than Future Cosmos who is based on scaling 2x stronger than Ultimate Zero. And now in this novel we see that Shining Zero alone could blast and injure the Guardian’s body which needed the combined power of Ultimate Force Zero (Ultimate Zero who is 4x Base Zero + 4 others comparable to Base Zero basically 2x Ultimate Zero) using their combination move to do. Past Zero also thought if he had Shining he could possibly do something against the Guardian’s body when he already saw how the combined power of Ultimate Force Zero couldn’t defeat it.

Yeah, finally no more instant win Shining so we get to see how he actually operates. Oh, timeline BFR? So Shining didn't travel back on his own, or was there like another case? I can't quite recall everything outside of Zero and his direct interactions with the Guardian.

Yeah, giving a proper number for Shining sounds good. So how much of a boost is it now on top of his base form?

Back