• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Late by like 4 hours, but whatever.

It was only around Chronicle D that we started getting basically a whole ass narrative in these recap shows, right? Like a more overarching one in comparison to previous ones. Glad they continued that here in New Generation Stars, since it's probably gonna be secondary canon so it's probably applicable whatever happens there.

I like the OP theme, it's almost like anything that isn't a cover is almost always a banger without being tied to any pre-assumptions and association to anything.

Kinda bummed the erasure doesn't seem to be anything direct. Though from what I'm getting especially now after Decker, is that there seems to be a tie between anything Ultra related and the very making of history, assuming this gets deeper. It's similar im Orb as well, and would support future stuff like Geed changing winning chances and Ruebe bringing out the right future, that stuff. So I'm at least very intrigued.

Going through the billibilli links that @Orion showed yet again, I found at least a couple new things.

Empera has Death Manip. Gandar has resistance to below Absolute Zero, and likely emits it as well, as he has a sac that is about -1000° Celsius.

Going through the billibilli links that @Orion showed yet again, I found at least a couple new things.

Empera has Death Manip. Gandar has resistance to below Absolute Zero, and likely emits it as well, as he has a sac that is about -1000° Celsius.
Now you remind me, Gandar alongside Alien Poll are responsible for Earth Ice Age, and with how you said that it can emits the ice that below absolute zero.....and somehow the creatures in our planet survived the Ice Age, mean that Earth's creatures in Ultra Universes are BUILD DIFFERENT lmao

Finally done with my exams for today. Gonna go and make the multipliers standard change thread once I get home. But for now here have a family photo of the Belial/Geed family by Kinkuri.

Edit: Forgot that I still have lab tomorrow morning and I still haven’t finished my report yet so yeah won’t have time to make the thread today either sorry.

Last edited:
Yup it’s got his father, his “father”, his wife, and his son. Though this photo is still missing his Reionics older brother, his stepmother that is younger than himself, and his stepmother’s mother. Also technically Bullton can be considered Greeza’s mom right? Since Greeza was born after Bullton’s death. You’ve gotta try and complete the whole family tree you know.

Last edited:
There was that one family tree, right? Did that also include Lili because I forgot. Just when you think Riku couldn't be anymore of the anime guy of the group, this happens. I will never get over this.

Yeah that one included Lili but didn’t include her mother, Ahri and Nix because it was made before either of them made an official appearance. So there still isn’t a complete family tree for Geed at this point.

Lmao, Lili's mom was named Ahri? But yeah, finishing the tree would be another sight of its own.

In other news, I rewatched TDC and seems like space-time manip for everyone is pretty reasonable. There's Xenon, Mebius Infinity, and Belial who have all done something. Xenon in keeping the gate to The Kingdom open, Infinity for closing Tartarus' portals, and Belial tearing away Tartarus' vault. It can also be argued these guys in particular have a higher potency due to their feats' relation to Tartarus' own power which has been treated in a rather special light.

When does theoretical or whatever scientific explanation apply to something? Like reading up about fundamental forces, it's said electromagnetic force is also responsible for holding together solids in their shape. Then looking back at Tregear exploding the Tri-Squad, and the occasional application of scientific terms and such, it kinda feels like they're trying to hint to their powers' properties a bit more subtly than they used to. Meaning electromagnetic powers likely has a general Deconstruction effect, or so it should go.

Sorry about the delay but anyways how does this draft look for the standard change thread for multipliers? Should I just remove the mentions of the Ultra Series to make the thread sound neutral and for all verses rather than it seemingly be mostly about the Ultra Series before posting it? Cause thinking about my thread after writing it up it really does sound like this thread is about the Ultra Series rather than all verses that use the many times boost in general.

Regarding Several vs Many

Several vs Many

So I've been wondering about 数倍 (Several times) vs 何倍 (Many times) for a while now because in one series I was working on it is shown that there are many forms that are stated to be a several times boost but are also stated to be many times boost at the same time or have several times boost forms being comparable to many times boost forms. So I decided to just go and search up if there actually is a difference between several times and many times in Japanese and this is what I found from this site.

「何倍」の「倍」の意味は、「ある量をその量と同じだけさらに増やしたもの」です。そのため、2倍と言うことも出来ます。「何倍」の場合は、2倍よりも更に大きい数量ということになります。同じ数以上の物を更に加える、もっと足して多くする、同じ数を何度か加えるという意味があります。「何倍」の場合は、数が多いということはわかりますがそれがどれくらいかは具体的にわからない状態です。それでも、沢山という意味で使われます。

The meaning of the word "倍 double" in "何倍 many times" is "an amount of something that is increased by an additional amount equal to that amount." Thus, it can be said to be twice as much. In the case of "何倍 many times," the quantity is even greater than twice. It means to add more than the same number of things, to add more, or to add the same number several times. In the case of "何倍 many times," we know that it is a large number, but we don't know exactly how large it is. Still, it is used to mean a lot.

So in Japanese, many times is not greater than several times. It is just another way to say more than two. Many times is actually at least 3 just like several times and not at least 4. And that would make a lot more sense since tens of times in Japanese can be written as either 数十倍 or 何十倍. I thought I should bring this up and change the current multiplier standards for many times from being at least 4x to at least 3x as that would be the more accurate way to use the multiplier. So in terms of Japanese words for multipliers below 100 without a directly stated number

数倍/何倍 (Several times/Many times) = >2 (3 or more)

桁違い (Order of magnitude) = 10

十数倍 (Closest word in English is Dozen times) = 11-19

数十倍/何十倍 (Tens of times) = 20-99

Multiplier Upscaling

And this brings me to my next point. If you have two multipliers that are both considered several/many (At least 3) times but both in series and in databooks one is explicitly shown and stated to be stronger than the other one. Would it be possible for the stronger form to be considered a higher boost like 4x rather than 3x since its explicitly shown to be superior to a 3x boost on top of also having a many times statement which means it could be a boost that is higher than 3 as 3 is just the bare minimum the boost could be based on the words several and many?

Like say there's form A that is stated to be a several times boost and there's an enemy that is slightly stronger than the character when using form A but when he uses Form B which is stated to be a many times boost he becomes slightly stronger than the enemy.

Would an example like this be enough to warrant a slightly higher value for the stronger form that also have a several/many times statement? This would only apply to the forms that are stated to have something like a several/many times statement on top of being explicitly shown to be superior to another form that also has a several/many times statement. Simply being far stronger than another form without a statement wouldn't warrant anything higher than it simply scaling above the other forms unquantifiably.

Last edited:
Definitely go for making it more natural, and use Ultra Series examples for more specific contexts. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure this looks fine already.

Removed the mention of the Ultra Series stuff and instead replaced them with just theoretical examples. How is it now?

Been pretty busy but I found this funny comic.

Katsumi/Rosso: I’ve still got to think of a costume design for the next competition.

Isami/Blu: I also have a thesis to write.

Asahi/Grigio: I also have exams coming up soon.

All/Gruebe: So please let us have a break!

Zero: Alright, give me a minute.

Katsumi/Rosso: Where is he going?

Isami/Blu: Is he going to the Defense Force to help us apply for leave?

Asahi/Grigio: Hooray!

Katsumi/Rosso: He’s back.

Isami/Blu: Why is he in his strongest form?

Zero: I have rewound the time of the universe you belong to by one month! So in the next month just stay here and help me! I’m still busy!

Katsumi/Rosso: Black company boss!

Isami/Blu: Zero Darkness!

Asahi/Grigio: Demon!

Last edited:
He mentions it as one of his strongest forms in the Reiwa Era (Pre-Ultimate Shining) so I assume yes. But I’m not exactly sure if he can access it without Leito. UGF1 shows that he could do it without Leito but I’m not sure if that was a one time thing or something he could do all the time after getting capsules from Geed. However, since Geed said to keep it a secret from Leito I’m assuming Zero can freely access it with the new capsules he got and that he originally only could do it with Leito because he left the capsules for Leito instead of taking it with him.

Been pretty busy but I found this funny comic.

Katsumi/Rosso: I’ve still got to think of a costume design for the next competition.

Isami/Blu: I also have a thesis to write.

Asahi/Grigio: I also have exams coming up soon.

All/Gruebe: So please let us have a break!

Zero: Alright, give me a minute.

Katsumi/Rosso: Where is he going?

Isami/Blu: Is he going to the Defense Force to help us apply for leave?

Asahi/Grigio: Hooray!

Katsumi/Rosso: He’s back.

Isami/Blu: Why is he in his strongest form?

Zero: I have rewound the time of the universe you belong to by one month! So in the next month just stay here and help me! I’m still busy!

Katsumi/Rosso: Black company boss!

Isami/Blu: Zero Darkness!

Asahi/Grigio: Demon!

Zero only learned from the best, after all.

He mentions it as one of his strongest forms in the Reiwa Era (Pre-Ultimate Shining) so I assume yes. But I’m not exactly sure if he can access it without Leito. UGF1 shows that he could do it without Leito but I’m not sure if that was a one time thing or something he could do all the time after getting capsules from Geed. However, since Geed said to keep it a secret from Leito I’m assuming Zero can freely access it with the new capsules he got and that he originally only could do it with Leito because he left the capsules for Leito instead of taking it with him.
What are Zero strongest forms?

Shining normally, Ultimate Shining if you include stacks. Though it seems like that's gonna be a paft of his linear upgrade now so, just that, in that case.

As in which order? I'm not very sure. I believe we accept it to be above StrongCorona but under Ultimate, but I'm starting to believe that it and Ultimate are tied, with Beyond being even more suited to combat or something.

So, in ascending order:

Base =-> LunaMiracle -> StrongCorona -> Beyond =-> Ultimate -> Shining -> Ultimate Shining

Is how I'm seeing it now.

We currently treat Zero’s forms in terms of AP as

Wild Burst Ultimate Shining > Ultimate Shining > Shining > Ultimate > Beyond > Strong-Corona > Luna-Miracle = Base

However with the recent revelation that many times in Japanese isn’t at least 4 it’s safer to assume that Beyond is around comparable to Ultimate and stronger than Strong-Corona.

Wild Burst by itself is currently in a weird place as we have no clue how strong that form is outside of it being Zero’s alternate base form.

Last edited:
HMKCfcDLTblLn_2tN_pXA1onVwxWpCl6h9cnxoNWGuMNzkCTMbdMfXmH9kDwyB8mH3EJQR0888eJs640-nd-v1.png

ZOL GIGALOGAIZER, man's fine as hell.

Okay should be about done with my consecutive exams for this month. And just checked my email and it seems like Ultraman Decker Finale: Journey to Beyond will be released tomorrow morning. Probably gonna go rent it now and watch it tomorrow night after exams are over.

Anybody up for a watch party tomorrow at around 8PM or 9PM EST? Now that I figured out how to make the video thing work I should be able to discord screen share with audio and not just video this time.

If tomorrow night doesn’t work you guys could always ask for a different time that works. There’s no rush as the rent last for a week starting tomorrow morning. I might make like two or three watch sessions depending on how many can or can’t make it.

And yeah saw the Blazer stuff already.

Well I have the day off tomorrow and for a few days, so I might be able to, all things considered. Though there'll probably be a timezone difference which might still complicated things.

That is true regarding the timezone. I'm in the EST timezone so tomorrow night at around 8PM EST is the earliest I can host the watch party but if you guys miss that one I could host the next one anywhere after 8 AM EST instead as I've got Thursday, Saturday, and all of next week off due to break.

Anyways here's the server link for those that aren't in and want to watch it. Might ask on the Ultraman channel of the VS Battles Tokusatsu server tomorrow morning if any of them wants to watch it as well.

Last edited:
Back