• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Alright you do that. Once spring break comes I’m gonna go see if I can pump out some more monster profiles. Also that reminds me I should probably post the Eternity Core profile sometime tomorrow. Like it’s pretty much already finished.

Also just wondering how many statements are there about the Ultra Series Multiverse being infinite? Cause looking at Pokémon I just remembered that the Pokémon Multiverse is considered at least 2-B, likely 2-A. So if we have enough evidence for 2-A we could do the same for the Ultra Series Multiverse and make it at least 2-B, likely 2-A once we compile all the stuff in a cosmology blog.

I think only the timeline thing has an infinite statement so far, so it's probably not enough for the time being. Unless TDC has something to say, but even that's also still a long way from airing.

I see. I just thought I remember somebody posting an image about a character in series asking how many universes there are and somebody replied as many as there are in possibilities which another statement said is infinite. And Queen Izana did say the multiverse still has unexplored areas which confirms that even the knowledgeable characters themselves don’t know how big the multiverse really is and that the countless x countless universes is just a lowball estimate. So I was thinking maybe we could get a possibly 2-A for the Ultra Series Multiverse if there was enough evidence.

I think that one was by Asuka at the end of ORIGIN SAGA. Or was it Musashi. But yeah, so far only one direct statement, and a possible stretch if we say the unexplored region statement can be used as reasoning.

I see. Well for now let’s just go over potential future CRTs.

Beryudora and King abilities revision: Beryudora should have the abilities of the 226 monsters he fused with and King should have the abilities of all M78 Ultras due to that one statement about him having mastered all Ultra abilities.

Tiering and Speed splitting for kaijus: Probably the biggest one that we need to tackle. We need to split Earth kaiju tiers and speed from the space kaijus and ultras.

Possibly 2-A Multiverse: Maybe give it a shot to see if people will accept it as possibly 2-A if we have enough evidence. Though personally I don’t think e have enough right now. So maybe we’ll do it in the future after the other two CRT are made and we have more evidence from newer series, databooks, and interviews.

Good god that first one. Basically a composite of both sides, that's pretty cool.

Yeah that second one is definitely gonna be the hardest.

Shelving the third for now is probably a good idea.

Yeah essentially composite Ultra kaiju and composite Ultra. Probably gonna take a while to compile all of that. So yeah I really doubt we’ll be making any of these CRTs anytime soon. All of them would take a while to make. Especially the tiering and speed splitting. We will probably need to find the best AP and speed feat that the earth kaijus scale to starting from the Showa Era. Though special earth kaijus like Gomora and Antlar which are outright shown to defeat Ultraman would still be considered straight up High 4-C and not possibly High 4-C right?

Like always though the non-protagonist composite ends up being stronger than the protagonist composite, what with Belyudra having Gatanothor, Bullton and more.

Yeah, Earth monsters that have feats like defeating an Ultra, have a special status like Tabra who seems to be an Earth Monster, but required a progenitor Ultra to defeat, and anything in-between should definitely scale immediately to the Ultra they fought against.

If only King’s all Ultra ability statement also includes Ultras from other universes but sadly we can only assume it means the Ultras of the M78 universe since we don’t have proof it means all Ultras in existence. And yeah Beryudora with all monster abilities is haxxed asf. Man I still wish King somehow had X and Zero’s abilities. But sadly their abilities doesn't come from themself but another source altogether. Exceed X’s main hax is from the Xlugger which is the Space Needle from Greeza and Shining Zero’s time manipulation is from the Waterfall of Time. So even if King’s statement was referring to all Ultra it wouldn’t give him Exceed X or Shining Zero’s abilities which are the most haxxed and versatile among the Ultras.

So yeah glad we can agree on that. So basically any kaiju that are outright shown to overpower Ultras in series or according to databook as well as kaijus that lore wise required an Ultra to defeat should scale to them without a low end.

That's what I was thinking, too. Had he got powers from those 2, it'd definitely have been one heck of a composite, and he could easily counter Belyudra's own set.

Also, I wanted to bring this up, but should we also consider Madness Manipulation Type 3 for Space Beasts? Nexus shows that mere encounter could drive one to insanity via their Eldritch existence, but I wonder if that was meant to be literal or just a more logical presentation of an encounter. I'm kind of leaning towards yes since Dark Zagi has similar properties and didn't need any special condition.

Pretty much.

For real. What a missed opportunity.

I’m probably gonna have to rewatch Nexus to make sure. I don’t remember if they really are outright show to drive humans insane just from being looked at. Like don’t members of Night Raider look and fight them all the time? I think I’m leaning more towards people being so scared they go insane rather than Space Beasts actually having Madness Manipulation Type 3. Unless there’s a statement outright stating they cause insanity.

There is one scene where the Memory Police showed Komon what an encounter does to a regular non-knowledgeable man, which shows extreme fear and paranoia. And I think that's also what made me consider this, maybe a limited Type 3 since knowing of their existence like the Night Raiders has no effect, as well as needing a very close, if not outright direct encounter. I'll also be rewatching Nexus one of these days, but it's a shame there's little info on Nexus. You've already passed Mebius on the forum compilation, haven't you?

I see

Yeah passed the Old Heisei era threads already. The Mebius thread had next to nothing since Mebius himself barely has any hax. Nexus’s thread didn’t really have too many useful info on Nexus. Might have to go look at it again to see if they had any neat info for the space beasts though.
Yeah passed the Heisei era threads already. The Mebius thread had next to nothing since Mebius himself barely has any hax. Nexus’s thread didn’t really have too many useful info on Nexus. Might have to go look at it again to see if they had any neat info for the space beasts though.

Ahhhh, yeah, somewhere in the second half, wasn't it? Damn, I don't know where to find a creditless version of it then.

What, like the original Pestar? I don't remember much of the OG show, but that's disappointing, and I think there were actually plenty of rather weak mons from Heisei as well. Obiko is another example, so yeah, the new tiers are definitely warranted.

Well granted, it was a Specium Ray straight to the face, but I mean then again, that's what you get for trying an ambush while the Man's busy saving lives.

At least High 4-C via powers then? Though thinking about it again, it does make sense putting him at Unknown physically.

Not sure if even that'll work since OG Bullton moved very slow. Even if we did try that, it'll probably come up short at around tier 8 to a very low 7. But I'm not opposed to testing it out.

From the OG Ultraman show the only Earth Kaiju that scaled to him is none other than Gomora, maybe Aboras as well but i dunno
OG Red King and the second one are surprisingly weak, one got WWE'd and one got Chopped into oblivion

Oh and btw we can prolly calculating the tsunami that caused by Seagorath

The second Red King from what I recall actually put up a decent fight against Ultraman in comparison to the first one. Not to mention rather than a Spacium Ray Man actually felt the need to use Ultra Slash (5-6x Spacium Ray) so I think Red King II should be outright considered comparable to Ultraman. Black King whom no sold everything from Jack was directly stated to be hundreds of times stronger than Red King. So at least Red King II should be considered a monster that directly scales to Ultraman. But yeah we’re gonna have to rewatch the Showa series to decide thone stuff.

Oh that could be a nice feat that scales to Showa Era monsters. Though we‘re sure that Seagorath isn’t one of those stronger monsters that Ultras struggle against right?

Anyway we should probably start listing potential feats and stuff that Showa Era monsters can scale to. We also need to find some better speed feats or else we’ll probably have to use the official Ultra speed stats since we’ve pretty much got multiple confirmation from databooks that Ultras are slower on Earth so the MFTL+ stuff don’t scale to them when they are on Earth.

Oh right, forgot about that (and the fact that the second Red King overpowered Dorako which is a space kaiju), what do you think about Aboras?

Well, the reason Seagorath and Seamons can overpowered Jack was because he used all of his energy to stop the tsunami, and in the second fight he successfully made them two leave, tho he got aided by MAT since Seagorath horn got destroyed by them

Looking at Aboras’ fight it was shown to be able to tank the Spacium Ray and even make Man’s color timer start flashing so yeah probably. Also I feel like Bullton should probably also be likely High 4-C. Like it was able to tank Man’s Spacium Ray twice before turning small. I think Gubila also scales since I recall it‘s drill outright stopping Man’s Ultra Slash before tossing it back at him. And I think Man only won after chopping off its drill.

I see than yeah I guess that could be a feat that the Showa Era Earth kaijus scale to since BoS Jack is comparable to Man so his monsters should be around the same lvl as Man’s monsters overall.

Gubila scaled to Man is okay, Bullton is absolutely

Thats the only feat that i know from Showa Era Kaijus, Ace and (most of) 80 monsters are obviously scaled to them since they are unordinary kaijus

Oh yeah definitely. Man, Seven, and Jack are the only series to have normal kaijus. All future series are specifically stated to have kaijus stronger than all previous series. Like from what I recall lore wise

Minus Energy Monsters (80) > Saucer Monsters (Leo) > Super Ability Monsters (Taro) > Super Monsters (Ace) > Space Monsters (Man, Seven, Jack) > Earth Monsters (Man, Seven, Jack)

Though there obviously are outliers even among the weaker monster types. And that reminds me do we assume all space monsters and aliens to be comparable to Ultras in some way? Or do we consider some aliens and space monsters to be too weak and therefore don’t scale to the Ultras?

Last edited:
I think Devilon and Alien Natarn are examples of not all aliens being comparable to an Ultra. Illudo, too, for that matter.

True that. And that reminds me there might actually be a flaw to how we handle the AP splitting right now. Like almost every monster in Ultraman Tiga was able to force Tiga into Power Type. So like do we automatically assume they all scale to Tiga? Most of the newer series has the monsters fight on par with the Ultras quite often just like with Tiga so I’m wondering do we still try to give them a lower tier or do we just leave them all at 3-A with no lower tier? Or should this only apply to the Showa and Heisei era where the monsters are actually shown at times to be massively weaker than the ultras? Cause like by the new generation era pretty much all monsters and aliens are shown to be comparable to the ultras.

That's a bit of a doozy so a likely (Current Ultra Tier) is definitely to be put. Aside from that, I think we can separate them through statements from databooks that specifically speaks of their strength or gives the Ultra trouble. Silvergon for example. But as for the New Gen monsters... it's weird so we probably can't exactly consider any lower ends anymore. Ultimately though, I'm not sure.

Yeah like originally we thought about splitting up the profiles due to the Reddit comment about us treating all monsters to be on par with ultras. And it’s an understandable problem that makes sense but than you realize that all monsters in the current era can keep up with the ultras or force them to use a stronger form and still be on par with them sooo yeah. For now I think it’s best to make this AP split a thing only for the Showa to Heisei Era. After that I don’t think we can split it anymore.

The speed split on the other hand should definitely apply to all eras. And I do believe the idea of using their official speed for their fights on Earth is the best since I really doubt we’ll find any feats that are even close to Mach 1 in the earlier eras outside of flight speed.

Yeah, leaving New Gen as is should be fine.

Can confirm, no supersonics during Showa. Heisei should have some, but I'm not sure how to calculate multi angled movements. But yeah, official stats should be better, and besides, Jack and King already uses those.

So yeah I guess we’ll just proceed with the speed split once we have all the important speed calcs done.

For fights on Earth they’ll scale to official speed stats. For space kaijus and anything else that are shown to fight in space they can probably scale to Zoffy flying from Earth to the Land of Light which is still MFTL+ considering the distance and time it took.

We’ll also talk about the infinite speed stuff on this CRT. Though I really doubt it’s something that is even applicable at all. Like Zero was only able to fly that fast after gaining all the energy from the Land of Light. Under normal circumstances he shouldn’t have enough energy to accelerate to infinity.

Ehh well for now we should just get the Beryudora and King ability stuff done first since that seems to be the most simple albeit tedious one.

The first two sounds good. And for the third thing, that's pretty much my thoughts on it as well so it's better to get it verified first.

Kinda looking forward to the P&A compilation, just to see how totally stacked it'll get once it's done.

Back