• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Tiering Systems Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, okay, I might stay then, I like the Meme Tiers

Seol404 said:
i think it would be funnier trying to powerscale meme feats to get legit tierings, i don't really like memetic and ocean and stuff, it's kind of a slippery slope

Yellowpig10 said:
Seol404 said:
i think it would be funnier trying to powerscale meme feats to get legit tierings, i don't really like memetic and ocean and stuff, it's kind of a slippery slope
That does sound like it could be fun

Yellow, with all due respect, that line of thought is exactly what has led to this Wiki being reduced to this state. Max says it well, the users not caring has led to such a decay. But in the last couple of moths, where me, you, Seol and a whole bunch of others have cared, this Wiki has improved tremendously.

You just have to take one look at Recent Activity to see that there are no more straight Godmodes anymore, there are barely any flame war threads (and even the few that remain are likely being made on purpose) and no more category spamming like in ye olde days. So why give up on something that is indeed becoming better? Why, pray tell, should we abandon our garden for another when we're already reaping the fruits of our labor?

Crabwhale said:
Yellow, with all due respect, that line of thought is exactly what has led to this Wiki being reduced to this state. Max says it well, the users not caring has led to such a decay. But in the last couple of moths, where me, you, Seol and a whole bunch of others have cared, this Wiki has improved tremendously.
You just have to take one look at Recent Activity to see that there are no more straight Godmodes anymore, there are barely any flame war threads (and even the few that remain are likely being made on purpose) and no more category spamming like in ye olde days. So why abandon something that is indeed becoming better? Why, pray tell, should we abandon our garden for another when we're already reaping the fruits of our labor?
Well I just attempted to make the biggest improvement of all, and it failed, and I would still be active on JBW

Once again, Crabwhale hits the nail on the head.

In addition to what he said, I would like to point out that the Tiering System is still used in some profiles to this day, particularly the ones that analyze memetic badasses, and also the "restricted" versions of characters like Alex when they are used in roleplays outside of here.

Bear in mind that serious profiles are acceptable here in cases where they wouldn't be allowed in either VS Battles or FC/OC Battles. So the Tiering System is still necessary in such cases.

"Improvement" is a matter of perspective. Seol, you yourself have complained about the rigidity of VSBW and how strict their admins and rules are. Well, to me, the tiering system is just another facet of that. This is JOKE Battles Wiki, Ryu always (at least I think) intended for users to be as free as possible. Has it led to a lot of unnecessary groans and moans in the past? Yes. Will it do so in the future? Probably. But that's the point. It's your choice to be the better man (or woman) and given how recent events are playing out, taking the high does indeed work.

Not that anyone is willing to follow it

Crabwhale said:
"Improvement" is a matter of perspective. Seol, you yourself have complained about the rigidity of VSBW and how strict their admins and rules are. Well, to me, the tiering system is just another facet of that. This is JOKE Battles Wiki, Ryu always (at least I think) intended for users to be as free as possible. Has it led to a lot of unnecessary groans and moans in the past? Yes. Will it do so in the future? Probably. But that's the point. It's your choice to be the better man (or woman) and given how recent events are playing out, taking the high does indeed work.
Yes, but then I realized that having no rules as who can or cant be a certain Tier has led to an incredibly toxic community

You, me and Yellow are following it. Remember the oath about no more Godmodes? Ye, well, well, look at all the good we've done by changing our ways just a little. Already, spam and Godmodes are being combated more heavily and fiercely than ever before. I'd say that's more than enough of an achievement to say that JBW and most of it's frequenters all have the capacity to improve, to learn from past mistakes and to grow better.

Hell, just look at the most obvious example: ME! I started out with this piece of shit and look at where I'm at now.

Crabwhale said:
You, me and Yellow are following it. Remember the oath about no more Godmodes? Ye, well, well, look at all the good we've done by changing our ways just a little. Already, spam and Godmodes are being combated more heavily and fiercely than ever before. I'd say that's more than enough of an achievement to say that JBW and most of it's frequenters all have the capacity to improve, to learn from past mistakes and to grow better.
Hell, just look at the most obvious example: ME! I started out with this piece of shit and look at where I'm at now.
I agree with you on the fact that we have gotten rid of spam, but we haven't done shit to combat Godmodes

Why havn't you got an admin to delete Jorgen if you hate it so much

Seol404 said:
Why havn't you got an admin to delete Jorgen if you hate it so much
Renew, release, let go. Yesterday's gone. There's nothing you can do to bring it back. You can't should've done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!
~ Steve Maraboli​

Seol404 said:
Crabwhale said:
I agree with you on the fact that we have gotten rid of spam, but we haven't done shit to combat Godmodes
About that fam, let's just there's a reason I asked you to get some basic infrastructure going on Godmodes Wiki. I got big plans in the making for that, you can be certain of it.

Just because we get Godmodes up and running doesn't mean everyone is going to start following the Tiering System on JBW

Seol404 said:
Just because we get Godmodes up and running doesn't mean everyone is going to start following the Tiering System on JBW
I was thinking more along the lines of getting the serious JBW offenders to leave for Godmodes actually.

Crabwhale said:
Seol404 said:
I was thinking more along the lines of getting the serious JBW offenders to leave for Godmodes actually.
You could try to do that, but it wouldn't work

Crabwhale said:
Ey, it's something.
Well you can try whatever you want, I'm done trying, I'm tired of dealing with butthurt users

TheDarkSide857 said:
Seol404 said:
Crabwhale said:
Ey, it's something.
Well you can try whatever you want, I'm done trying, I'm tired of dealing with butthurt users
Why not just ban them if you're tired of dealing with them?
We can't do that Dark, everybody is allowed to do their own thing here as long as it doesn't go against the rules.

Sorry Dark, but in case you haven't noticed, public opinion of you does not tend to be very high here.

MaxForward said:
I already have a wiki.
Code:
*cough cough* Godmodes Wiki *cough*
Yes, that's been a focal point of the discussion so far.

Yellowpig10 said:
TheDarkSide857 said:
Crabwhale said:
Sorry Dark, but in case you haven't noticed, public opinion of you does not tend to be very high here.
Should I improve?
knowing you, improvement isn't possible,
Shit, does anyone smell smelting metal? Cause I think a certain someone's edge was burnt away badly.

Should I improve?knowing you, improvement isn't possible,
Shit, does anyone smell smelting metal? Cause I think a certain someone's edge was burnt away badly.

I think it's a character...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back