• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing's new key

Alright, so I "sorta" took that into account with the recent revision and there are two major issues with giving the Thing mulitiple keys.

First would be that the Thing varies so much in form that to cover even extreme varients would grant the Thing more keys then Ichigo. It's easier just to give the Thing a variable tier and state the range like it currently does. Besides, that would already be covered by "potentially higher via assimilation".

The second issue though, and why I didn't just give the Thing 9-A in my revision, is that unless that one body was actually multiple bodies all scrunched down and compact then that scene actually contridicts how the Thing normally works aka not creating new mass outta nowhere.

tldr A second key is unnessasary because the variations are covered with a variable tier and that game is bad and contrictory, same reason I don't use anything from Eternal Vows. Hope that helps.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
is that unless that one body was actually multiple bodies all scrunched down and compact then that scene actually contridicts how the Thing normally works aka not creating new mass outta nowhere.
You aren't right though, when The Thing that was using the dog deformed itself, it grew far bigger than the dog, and when it deforms using a human, it becomes wider and slightly taller.

I mean, this is Blair/Diabeetus ... this is Diabeetus-Thing all deformed. See? It got taller and bigger.

Plus, the game states that the dude that turned was experimented on a whole awful lot and there are hundreds of people infected in the game with, considering that Blair-Thing became bigger with just a few people assimilated... just imagine how much DNA the final boss Thing has by the end of the game.

Actually you're not remembering correctly. Blair thing grabed and assimilted Gary before revealing itself and that form doesn't look too far off from roughly the mass of two people. As for the dog thing, it's possible it had already, mostly assimilated another dog before hand, or at least supplimented it's mass before we see it again. Reguadless, no other thing goes through as drastic a transformation as in that game hence a contridiction.

Besides my main point still stands. A second key is unnessasary because the variations are covered with a variable tier.

Ok.

So, we should add the thing inside the "variable tier"? Got the joke?

Numbersguy said:
Ok.
So, we should add the thing inside the "variable tier"? Got the joke?
I'll be perfectly honest, I'm a bit slow so no.

It should have already been in the variable tier catagory, so I readded it.

Back