• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subnautica Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark-Carioca

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Image Helper
I've made a whole blog post correcting the Subnautica calcs made here. It's been approved, so I figured I'd start the revision. Can't remember the last time I did one of these, or even if I've done one, but anyway, time to fix the Subnautica verse.

Stuff like the Ghost Leviathans, the Sea Dragons or the Sea Emperor being able to cover their own bodylength in a second was something so absurd I had to fix things up for this verse. The Subnautica creatures move fairly realistically given their size, they aren't torpedoes, and you can see that in the game. The one for the Gargantuan Skeleton is especially outrageous considering the blog assumes it can move at 1290.42 m/s, nearly 4 times the speed of sound (in the air), and I can't even imagine how silly that would look if the creature was actually alive in-game. Thus, many of the big Leviathans are gonna go down into Small Building level.

The only creatures capable of great levels of destruction as seen within the games and by virtue of speed or size (which, much like real life, is normally indicative of strength in Subnautica) are the Ice Worm and the Sea Dragon (who scales above it), as well as the Sea Emperor and any extinct Leviathans that far outweigh them, and the only one confirmed to be capable of attacking faster than sound is the Rock Puncher (basically a mantis shrimp on Gamma steroids).

Additionally, there's gonna be some downgrades for Ryley because the whole "can escape a Reaper's jaws" thing is a total lie. With every animation where a big predator grabs a player, the player is immediately consumed. The only exceptions are the smaller or medium sized predators like the Crabsnake, which shouldn't warrant anywhere near Class 100 for Ryley. They're going down to Class 5 since much like the Stalkers he can carry large pieces of titanium.

So, as summarized at the end of my blog post:
  • Glow Whale is "likely Small Building level"
  • The Chelicerate, the Reaper Leviathan, the Juvenile Ghost Leviathans and the Shadow Leviathan are at least Small Building level and "At least Class K, likely Class M"
  • The Adult Ghost Leviathan is Class M and "At least Building level, possibly City Block level"
  • The Juvenile Ventgarden is "At least Wall level" and Class K. The adult is "At least Small Building level, possibly higher" and Class M.
  • The Ice Worm is Class M and City Block level, the Sea Dragon and the Sea Emperor are "At least City Block level" as well by virtue of being by far the strongest extant species on the planet.
  • The Frozen and Ancient Leviathans get "Unknown. At least Building level, likely City Block level" (They are extinct and long dead, so who knows with them, but they're a good deal bigger than the previous guys)
  • The Gargantuan Leviathan get "Unknown. Possibly up to Multi-City Block level" and Class G (Also extinct but this thing is like, a mile long, so it should be far superior to the other guys)
  • Reefbacks get City Block level durability (because their tough armor cannot even be broken by Sea Dragons, who go after Reapers instead)
  • The Floaters get "At least Class 50, possibly higher" Lifting Strength, while the Ancient Floaters are "Class M to Class G".
  • Ryley, Stalkers and similarly-sized predators are Class 5

Might need calc group member evaluations before they can be used.

Well, I'm not personally a fan of applying KE as a method of finding out a tier, at least not in this kind of fictional setting, as most of the energy isn't really transferred to the recipient of the impact, in fact, not even the one who does the ramming receives that much counter-force, and KE can be used to inflate durability as well.

That being said, this is far better than the previous assumptions. As our standards allow the usage of KE in these cases, I approve this.

Yeah, Kieran commented so I think these are good now.

Edit: Although, it is preferred if he comments on the blog itself as well just to be on the safe side.

So is it fine if I apply these already, or should I wait for more opinions?

Could this be locked? All changes have already been applied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back