• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Theme Thread.

Pick a theme song for yourself or a friend! Try a normal/character theme and a battle theme. Don't pick anything extremely dramatic for a battle theme or people will know you're trying to compensate for not being cool enough. Try to pick something that can be looped in case our friend Arbitrary Numbers wants to use the song in the VSB game he wants to make; for instance, maybe I'd like my theme song to be Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly," but, even with licensing issues aside, that would be hard for Arby to implement on a number of levels.

Examples 1: Normal Theme. Battle Theme.

Examples 2: Normal Theme. Battle Theme.

Examples 3: Normal Theme. Battle Theme. (The arranged version's even better, by the way)

Now gimmie good music, if you would be so kind.

I was hoping that memes wouldn't be the first comment, but I expected it, tbh, lol. Do give the actual thing a shot, though; it's a fun way to challenge yourself, and I put some work in the OP.

Maybe we'll use that if Cal ever fights an evil clone of himself.

Don't want to derail this into another discussion about the RPG, so I'll leave it at that. Or if there's a climactic fight where Cal gets some Deus Ex Machina powers.

@Azzy

We've been thinking about including an easter egg where if the player interacts with you too many times, you'll get angry and "awaken" for real, deliberately crashing the game. This is not to be confused with your battle technique "Awaken", which is just a LARP version of it that erases foes from existence.

Either that or it'll just trigger an RPG battle with the true Tier 0 Azathoth that you literally cannot win.

I'll try my hand at some normal Azathemes for Azathot, both of which originate from truly underappreciated soundtracks.

Not Woke. I think he said on his profile that he likes this kind of music.

Woke. Pushing the boundaries of how dramatic the music should ideally be, but Azzy deserves no less than the musical might of Tim Follin.

@Andy - Hey, that's pretty good! I'll check that band out. I wonder why they're named after a character from Twin Peaks?

Pretty much all these songs rule. I even liked Zach's rap, although I hadn't pegged Darkanine for any kind of metal. Works if it's that style, though.

@Saik - Funny, I was just about to say "Pepper Spray" would have been fitting before I heard the second track; good taste! You could pick some tracks from Touhou or Yume NIkki Gensou if something more melodic was needed, but I do like some good noise music every now and then, like Oneohtrix Point Never.

Think you meant Pepper Steak? It is definitively a second choice of mine. And while I love Touhou or YN's soundtrack, I don't think any were really fitting of me. Unlike the first track, which is 10% moaning.

Now I wanna do a creepy song feature. If that sounds fun. hit me up on my wall since you're an admin and you don't need my nonsense creepy music clogging up space for important messages.

Follow Doctor Freeman said:
@Andy - Hey, that's pretty good! I'll check that band out. I wonder why they're named after a character from Twin Peaks?

Pretty much all these songs rule. I even liked Zach's rap, although I hadn't pegged Darkanine for any kind of metal. Works if it's that style, though.
I'm actually surprised you don't know them. They are a pretty famous band

Back