• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The speed of Gods in this verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if anyone can actually bring proof that Hermes infact has MHS+ speeds then I will gladly accept it. The calcs that were done for his speed makes no sense and it is stupid that it was accepted.

Real Hermes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fake Shoes

Apollo is faster than Hermes.

Hermes not being MHS+ actually is "Writers Don't Know Math".

You said it yourself that Percy and Annabeth took days searching a way out in Tartarus, so it's likely it's even more than 70 000 km.

Matthew Schroeder also mentioned that Athena should be 1.1 times the speed of light, for the Athena Parthenos can fire ultraviolet energy beams. The statue is powered by a fraction of Athena's power. Same with Hermes's shoes, especially they are fake.

That makes no sense. If they took days searching for the doors to escape then they cant have escaped through the whole of Tartarus in one minute. Dude have you even read the booksk because your argumentn is making no sense. They found the doors and were ready to escape to the elevators that leads them outside when they opened. It did not take them one minute to cross from one end of Tartarus to the other.

Real Hermes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fake Shoes

Apollo is faster than Hermes.

Big Three are the most powerful of all Gods, and are superior to Apollo and Hermes.

They took days searching for the doors. They never escaped through the whole of Tartarus in one minute. It's only Hermes's shoes flying through the pit in 1 minute. Your argument is making no sense.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Um...who took 1 minute to cross from one end to Tartarus to the other? Hermes's shoes did. Did you even read the calc?
I read it and there is no evidence the Tartarus is 70km is length only in height. Infact they ran to a special elevator that was meant to ride them to the top. Did you read the calc, all I can say is that it was really bad and I want it revised.

Um...what? The calc is not about two teenagers riding up an elevator. The calc is Hermes's shoes flying across the pit.
And if they are flying acroos the pit they are not flying up the pit which is actually(pprobably) what is 70km long. Not the diameter of the pit. Which btw they did not actually run across the pit.

Um...no one ran across the pit. Hermes's sandals did. Grover's hooves slipped out, and Kronos gets empty shoes, to his disgust. Did you read the book? I'm confused, no offence.

Um...no one ran across the pit. Hermes's sandals did. Grover's hooves slipped out, and Kronos gets empty shoes, to his disgust. Did you read the book? I'm confused, no offence.
You literally just said the shoes flew across the pit. And I just said we do not know the size of the pit. Can you tell me the size of the pit because it is def not 70km.

I just reread the book.

The tunnel widened into a huge dark cavern, and in the middle was a chasm the size of a city block. Grover was sliding straight toward the edge. "Come on, Percy!" Annabeth yelled, tugging at my wrist."

Yup, so the sandals went down Tartarus. The height of Tartarus can be used.

Dude, I just reread that whole section and absolutely nothing suggests that the boots actually hit the bottom of Tartarus.

So you think Kronos was there suspended in mid-air?

The bits left of Kronos is clearly at the bottom of Tartarus, like where the other Titans are.

So you think Kronos was there suspended in mid-air?
The bits left of Kronos is clearly at the bottom of Tartarus, like where the other Titans are.
No I think that Kronos sensed them near the pit, after all Kronos is not dead.

Al we know is that it flew down the pit. Is it even the same pit that they fell down? And even if it was this was 8 books away, I am 100% sure that Riordan forgot minor things like this.

That's the height of Tartarus. You suggesting Tartarus can grow and shrink in size?

Kronos is at the bottom, it's pretty certain. He is sliced into bits. He can't fly up or whatever you're thinking.

Literally right before the boots fell down the pit, they are struggling to move a few meters at a time at anything above human speed(Percy and Annabeth can catch up.

That's the height of Tartarus. You suggesting Tartarus can grow and shrink in size?
Kronos is at the bottom, it's pretty certain. He is sliced into bits. He can't fly up or whatever you're thinking.
I know he cant fly up. I am suggesting that the tunnel in Lightning thief and the one in Hades House are 2 different tunnels.

Percy and Annabeth are Mach 81. And there is this thing called acceleration.
Right mach 81 from a calc where the person deflecting lightning knows exactly where it will strike because he is controlling it. Either way, that is not close to Mach 3000. And also you still have not answered about there being different pits. Which I am sure they are.

Jason can't control his opponents lightning...he's not Zeus...

The boots need to accelerate.

Different pits? There is only one Tartarus. 70 000 km is the height.

One Tartarus does not mean only one pit. And again he could have sense the boots falling into Tartarus. Sorry man but nothing about this convinces me that the Gods are close to MHS+ speeds. Or even Mach 81. For God's sakes in the same book Percy is remarking that it will take him forever to get half a mile away from a location.

Rocker1189 said:

One Tartarus does not mean only one pit. And again he could have sense the boots falling into Tartarus. Sorry man but nothing about this convinces me that the Gods are close to MHS+ speeds. Or even Mach 81. For God's sakes in the same book Percy is remarking that it will take him forever to get half a mile away from a location.
Different pits that to the same place tend to be similar in size, especially when done from similar elevations

Yobobojojo said:
Rocker1189 said:

Different pits that to the same place tend to be similar in size, especially when done from similar elevations
Not if they contradict each other in the story. Nothing before the 9 days of falling even possibly suggested MHS+ feats in Percy Jackson. We have a word for this called outlier or PIS.

We have a phrase "writers don't know math"
Which also coincides with outliers. Also the fact the Lightning thief was written literally years before The House of Hades.

@Rocker I like how every sentence I say has to be punctuated with "What?" In order to encompass the lack of understanding of what you just said. Nowhere is it PIS if things like this happen regularly for the god tiers

Rocker1189 said:
We have a phrase "writers don't know math"
Which also coincides with outliers. Also the fact the Lightning thief was written literally years before The House of Hades.
Author Intent is never taken into account here. Ever.

Yobobojojo said:
@Rocker I like how every sentence I say has to be punctuated with "What?" In order to encompass the lack of understanding of what you just said. Nowhere is it PIS if things like this happen regularly for the god tiers
Okay where else has it happened please tell me. Where else have they moved at MHS+ speeds. Because the only ppl I can vouch to do anything like that are the Centaurs, using teleportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back