• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The speed in DB is a mistake of the plot

I was debating on Youtube with a guy and said this. Literally left me speechless.
Screenshot - 06 02 2018 , 08 17 45 a.m.

Context: We were debating the speed of Dragon Ball, I mentioned all MFTL+ feats that he knew and and that they showed before the emergence of Dyspo, you know, Bills traveling a planet with the 4th part of the speed of Whis, Whis going through whole universes in minute, Hit traveling through multiple star system apparently without any ship to arrive to the Earth, the feat of Watagash, etc, etc.

He said the following:

"You compare a real feat with 10 outliers? you would think if they had been something serious, something that brings to the series, as for example in that scene that bills supposedly crossed the universe and reaches Whis, if at that time Bills would have said something like "I had to fly throughout the universe to reach you" and a record of the time that took you to do it as for example it has taken one minute, then if you would take seriously that scene, but does not mention anything like that nor add anything to the series then it is only a filler scene, a simple outlier of the series.

Instead of Dyspo it is different ..."

"10 mistakes that do not contribute anything to the series are not worth anything against an affirmation and a feat, that if is important to the plot, you bet that at that time the animators didn't even have idea that time later would appear Dyspo and demonstrate his true speed (faster than light), that would explain the errors that your shots for "feats" xD"

What the boy says is basically that 10 feats (the number of feats that I listed) are irrelevant if they do not contribute anything to the plot. He hinted that the feats that do not provide or are not relevant to the story are fillers or outliers.

I wanted to know your opinions about this. For my part I didn't know that answer. Up to now cannot understand the logic of this guy.

PD: Sorry for my bad English :´n

well superman have more than 10 outliners (even though superman is super inconsistent and has been around for 70 years)

Back