• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The situation on Youtube and our moves to stop this

CNBA3 said:
Did I make a big mistake joining YouTube? All I wanted was to just find a place to do what I like, hopefully make money and donate to charity
I mean you can still do it for fun..., however you probably would have to work even harder to get bigger to make said money... as if the ADpocalypse didn't make it hard enough.

However even then somethings can deter you. I had an AMV reach 20k views then they removed it. I literally stated I did not want to make any money from it whatsoever.

But just deleting my hard work bro? Nah...

The Calaca said:
I don't see how this is relevant to the conversation either.
Stop derailing.

I'll delete posts that have no impact on the conversation. Take that to your message walls.

CNBA3 said:
Did I make a big mistake joining YouTube? All I wanted was to just find a place to do what I like, hopefully make money and donate to charity
Tell me how this is useful to the conversation.

Enough of derailing. If you're not going to provide some update or useful information, refrain from commenting since this is a very important thread.

So according from tekkitRealm and RT America, Youtube might be deleting an channel who can't make money/doesn't proper the service anymore in December 10th

Is this a reliable information? If so this can be very worrisome, this can be checked in Youtube new rules iirc

Veloxt1r0kore said:
So according from tekkitRealm and RT America, Youtube might be deleting an channel who can't make money/doesn't proper the service anymore in December 10th
Is this a reliable information? If so this can be very worrisome, this can be checked in Youtube new rules iirc
RT is propaganda as well as all Russian government media. I'm from this country.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Seems very iffy, especially because by this logic anyone with a YouTub account who doesn't upload videos would be banned. Which is like the majority of the site's users.

I don't know about TekkitRealm but by default all YT channels have "No, it is not made for kids" in the settings. So personally I don't see reasons why they may be blocked.

So yeah pretty much we're don't need to panicking after all of this clarification, good job guys

What make concerning is the Comercial thing, what does this even mean?

Ok, I am late as hell to this thread honestly I feel the way most people do, but from what I can tell COPPA is not the problem. Youtube is, they are basically pushing the blame unto regular people who use thei platform, the reason this is an issue in the first place is becaus eof their shitty machine learning that demonetizes people for basically anything that is not kid friendly yet allows ***** like the whole Elsa thing to go through completely monetized.

So COPPA comes in with good intentions and in a perfect world there would be no issues, all Youtuvbe would have to do is properly enforce its you youtube kids thing(which they keep pushing unto me nearly every time I log into the damn website yet they are not using properly for some reason) and make the main youtube 13+. They also should be the people paying the fine, no the creators because the algorithm is their own meaning when it messes up it is their own fault, yet they are basically going: "This is your problem not ours".

Basically **** Youtube and I honestly want another platform to take over. As usual google avoids responsibility for it's actions by pushing them unto the "smaller people".

I also agree with Rocker, that it's just YouTube's poor management that's causing all the problems and not individual creators or COPPA. Also, keep in mind that if YouTube was clearly caught as the fraud they are and started suing innocent YouTubers, I'm pretty sure YouTube would lose the battle if the full truth was exposed to courts.

I agree that youtube trying to deflect blame on content creators is a factor of problem, but I feel like the fact that the people behind the FTC don't fully understand modern-day culture in general is also a big deal here.

Yes, it is true that politicians are unfamiliar with modern culture and PC culture; but let's not get into too much detail on that. At least not publicly.

Rocket@ It could take a huge amount of time for the peope to get used in BitChute tho, an uncountable load of content would have to be reuploaed, and half of it could be lost.

I also have doubts that BitChute also makes a lot of money like YouTube does. Based on what I've seen in BitChute, it appears to be in early stages and I've only recently heard about it nor do I hear of many people using it either. Sure it has a lot less rules than YouTube, but that also kind of means there's less organization and business.

I will just hope (Something that I have a grudge with) that this problem to be sort out so no one desperatly looks for a new platform.

I'm also late to this thread but I also have an opinion on this.

I don't like how poorly broad the regulations are. It shows not only laziness but the outlook of those that made these FTC regulations.

The broadness shows how much they look on animation, fiction and video games but not live action or sports.

• It's like they expect a normal citizen to only enjoy Figures, Video Games, Animation for the first 20 years - not even 20, cause recorded memory doesn't happen till later in life - of your life, than "grow up" to spend the rest of your life (60+ years) to only think of Family, Politics and Sports.
Ugh... what the hell?

Back