• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The situation on Youtube and our moves to stop this

NGL kep has a point. Usually the only time petitions ever work is when it's related to video games and the entertainment.

Also many of peoples doesn't realize that this would 100% guarranting an backfire to them

EDIT: To the FTC and Youtube i mean

Made the petition in Change.org.

Still thinking on what to put on Regulations.gov, I want to sound as professional as possible.

Actually there so many of petitions about this iirc

Btw i saw Nux Taku video about this and his community tab about this and honestly i don't like the way he reacting to it

To be honest, I would be more than fine with the idea of splitting between kid-friendly and not-kind friendly, just liken in some sites, users can choose whether being able to view mature content or not. This would be able to allow parents who would want their children to use YouTube (althrough this choice itself is questionable from a parent's prospective) to be more ok iwht it, and a to worst to lock the permission with a password or something. Not to say that this hyphotetical it wouldn't be abused, or cheated, but it would at least be an improvement, and not a huge middle finger to anyone who says the word "****" in their videos.

But this COPPA thing, at least at first glance, seems that it going to have terrible consequences, which far surpass the already present issue of demonetization. While I don't upload videos myself, the majority of my time spent around the internet is probably on YouTube, for a lot of things, and content creators that I like getting either censored or potentially sued, without even the possibility of commenting is outrageous.

We probably never though of YouTube doing something like this, at least, not up until 2 years ago at best. But honestly. even with YouTube Kids being present (because A: kinds prefer regular YouTube because it's already present in phones etcetera, and it's the more "manly" alternative; and B: a lot of inapporpriate/outright disgusting content has made its way there), that's probably not enough: they know that a lot of cjhildrent to young boys are present on the internet, and thus they want to capitaluize this as mucyh as possible, rather than solving the problem in a way that would please everyone. But it's a multi-billionarie company, so what can you expect.

I hoep that the backlash is going to work in some way, just like it did a few years ago with the infamous "YouTube Heroes" project.

The separation idea is great, just not the part where machine-learning decides what is and isn't kid-friendly content. We all know how that's gone. False copyright abuses is just the start. 13+ material isn't even available on a channel meant for 13 and above AKA you can't even utter the word "shit" or you'll get demonetized and fair use is basically non-existent.

Agnaa said:
Internet Historian says it won't have the quite frankly ludicrous effects people are saying it will have (e.g. If you play a hentai game on youtube it'll be considered for-kids since it's a video game and you'll get fined $40,000 by the FCC).

Some people disagree but that just seems like drumming up outrage for clicks, so I'm not super worried about the fines affecting random innocent people.
I know I'm going against my personal rule of quoting walls of text.

However, Agnaa here is right. I have read up about these new rules. People just seem to be generating false outrage for the sake of clicks. This whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

I do agree that YouTube seems to be getting worse every year, and their algorithms are absolutely terrible. But this particular thing does seem to be blown out of proportion.

@Soldier Blue

Okay. Thank you for the information. I think that most people are likely genuinely worried and not doing it for the clicks though.

Please elaborate if you have further information from your investigation into the matter.

Yeah, i myself really not that worried so much (still worried tho, but in less) and i'm thinking peoples seems too panicking easily to the hoax information and so on

Regardless what Youtube done are horrible, but in regardless again this rules/law would backfired them hard and causing an massive backlash which resulting an good result, this kind of guarranted to be happen

So hope for the best and don't worried too much/overreacting/fall to the hoax info or news/keep moving forward

@Soldier Blue

Okay. I hope that you are right. I mostly read it at times because they criticize that western comicbooks have turned from entertainment to propaganda, which I also dislike.

Anyway, we shouldn't continue to derail from the main topic along that track.

CNBA3 said:
Any form of reliable information is welcomed, especially for new youtubers
Well thanks and your welcome but just in case I put this here, and the Mr Enter I mentioned is THIS ONE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-1xHglORp0

I just wanted to see if you guys can break it down more then I so we could get a better understanding of things, Maybe COPPA is not too horrible but adjustments are probably needed to halt some unfavourable workings.

As i said earlier, no others platforms who can replace Youtube, its like replacing Google with others search engine

And i also want to mention that this is not like the end of all, endgame, apocalypse and so on, what Agnaa and Blue said make sense and we have plenty of videos who give us an reliable information and suggested us to not worried so much

Heck, even some of youtubers are less worried or chill with all of this

Dude I have been watching Youtube since I was a child. By age 15 I gave up on Television completely and spent most of my time watching content on there.

I was severly bullied elementary for being "different", I would literally go home and cry because of being bullied so much and the only thing that would help was Youtube Videos (Angry Black Man, Pewdiepie, Syndicate, and Sky Does Minercraft), and Flash Games (Fancy Pants, Boxhead Zombies, and Armed with Wings). It wasn't until I got to middle school till I it was cool to do so. And the large portion of steroids I had to take that got me huge because of my asthma but we don't talk about that.

And if we want to be completely honest, the people who this effects most are those WHAT MADE YOUTUBE BIG. It wasn't any god damn "children's channels", that just came around maybe 2 years ago tops.

It's crazy because I remeber people really ******** on Pewdiepie during some award ceremony as if no one knew who he was because YEWTUBE and now everyone is trying to **** i up.

Did I make a big mistake joining YouTube? All I wanted was to just find a place to do what I like, hopefully make money and donate to charity

Back