• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MistaClean

VS Battles
Image Helper
This one is gonna be controversial, isn't it?

Why is the Simpson's cast 8-C+, let alone 8-C when there isn't any 8-C calculations on their pages? All I see are 9-B+ calculations and non calculated feats that look 9-A at best.

The best feats I've seen on their pages are Wiggum surviving an explosion that destroyed a tank (dead link), Skinner surviving his car being vaporized, Arnie Pye surviving an explosion the size of a building and Bart being unfazed by a beer explosion that consumed his entire house.

Destroying cars and tanks are 9-A from what I recall and I think Bart's beer explosion feat was calced to have a 9-A low end (although it wasn't evaluated yet) so 9-A seems fine.

List of accepted calcs

Wiggum survives having his tank blown up (9-A)

Arnie Pye's building sized explosion (9-A+)

Grimes survives an explosion (8-C)

Last edited:
Ah that sucks, I was really interested in those Simpsons upgrades too.

Well we should probably get these things recalc'd, especially if there's a chance they were previously faulty.

I guess the cast can stay 8-C if that gets accepted. But 8-C+ has to go

The calculations use the air-burst formula, when in fact they should be using the ground-based formula instead, since all of them happened on the ground.

Also you used the diameter instead of halving it to get the radius.

NGL tho, with the second calc they're pretty close to 8-C. Time to watch Assassin's Creed characters duke it out with the Simpsons LOL

Yeah from what I can see, Building level+ has to go, but baseline Building level is fine.

BTW, @Agletonwiki, is your name on the main wiki CuteAnimeNekoGirl99? I'm not judging, just saying that I want to credit you for asking for the calc.

I would also appreciate it if some calc group members were notified of this thread.

We use cross-sectional area in explosions, not surface area.

And cross-sectional area is also reliant on distance from the explosion.
Unless the explosion happened from inside the character themselves cross-section applies

Unless the explosion happened from inside the character themselves cross-section applies
You would also need the distance between the character and the explosion. Also the character would need to cover the bomb or stand directly on top of it or literally bear-hug it to scale as well.

Since the character was at the epicenter, just multiply the yield with the character's cross-sectional area.

You would also need the distance between the character and the explosion.

Since the character was at the epicenter, just multiply the yield with the character's cross-sectional area.
Exactly, that needs to be applied with the current calcs as they dont take it into account and i would lower the results

Exactly, that needs to be applied with the current calcs as they dont take it into account and i would lower the results
Not necessarily true, a lot of them do use cross-sectional area now, especially with a lot of explosion calcs where the explosion doesn't happen point-blank in their face but happens a meter or two away.

In this case however, they're right at the epicenter, and assuming the point of explosion happens mere centimeters from their body (Seems so from these calcs), using cross-sectional area isn't necessary, if anything, the cross-sectional value might increase the results even more with the person being that close to the boom.

All explosion calculations that we do now are requird to use cross-sections unless the explosion physically happens inside them. These are the rules for our calculations.

All explosion calculations that we do now are requird to use cross-sections unless the explosion physically happens inside them. These are the rules for our calculations.
The rules are also that covering it with your body completely or bear-hugging it also scales. Only time it doesn't is if the bomb itself is larger than you, like a nuke.

Also you need the distance between the explosion and the person. Being centimeters away from a big boom and then using cross-sectional area with the explosion yield formula we use is gonna increase the result from the actual yield.

Last edited:
It doesnt though as that still wouldnt be taking 100% of the explosion
It does, though?

Supposes there's a 7000 ton big boom.

This is the explosion formula as stated on the Explosion Yield Calculations.

(Yield of explosion) / (4π((Radius in meters)^2))

Let's assume the character takes it from like, 10 cm from his face. That's 0.1 meters

(7000) / (4π((0.1)^2))= 55704.2300822 tons of TNT

Apply average human cross-sectional area (40% for normal 62 kg 5ft 9in or 175.26 cm tall people) of 0.68 m^2 and you get 37878.876455896 tons of TNT

This is unfortunately a limitation of the formula itself, as you cannot use cross-sectional area without figuring out how far you are from the bomb.

And do note that not all humans have a 0.68 m^2 cross-sectional area, taller and heavier humans can have it at around half that of their own surface area, even if it is a slight estimation, but even using 40% in that case will give them bigger surface area than average humans.

My guy how did you get a higher yield of th xplosion than th explosion itself? You have to divide the yield by the surface area of the person not multiply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back