• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Shinigami and the Wind...

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
On a grassy mountainside cliff, a warrior with a katana stood, basking in the orange sunset ahead.

Before he was about to leave however, a hard breeze flew through him, eventually stopping... at someone else behind the warrior.

He quickly spun around to see a lone spearman, staring at him dead in the eyes. He raised his spear nonchalantly but with serious intent, signalling that he wants a duel to the death.

Seeing no escape, the warrior agreed, raising his weapon to signal his response.

The two mighty warriors looked into each other's eyes before clashing their weapons, sending sparks and shockwaves into the sunset sky.

Roland McLeod

Vs

Noah Azure Ni

Rules:

• Sage Mode Roland vs Base Noah (With Aura of course. Pre-leaving the Akavarn army).
  • Speed equalized.
  • In-character.
  • Win by death.
  • The battle takes place on a grassy mountainside cliff under a sunset.
Music:

Neutral Battle Music

Roland's Battle Music

Noah's Battle Music

Score:

Roland: 1

Noah:1

Inconclusive: 0

Roland Sage Mode
Noah the Spearman of the Wind

(Checks for Willpower Defense) (Sees Willpower Defense)

If that activates, Roland is royally screwed.

Noah pre-leaving the army doesn't have Willpower Defense.

A couple things: first, Roland only has the axe and greatsword in shikai. If he's only using Sage Mode, it means he's got his Zanpakuto, but only in it's katana form.

Second, I think Roland wins. For one, Roland's range in Sage Mode is unbelievably higher than Noah's, and Roland would figure this out pretty quickly and take advantage of it. Knowing Roland, he'd probably try and make an attempt at close combat just to see if he could, but would likely play this fight smart if it's to the death. Additionally, Roland has some counters to instinctive reaction and Noah's enhanced senses in Sage Mode, in the form of his own senses being greatly enhanced as well as having that sixth sense that Sage Mode grants. Th only thing I see going super wrong here would be Roland's speed getting dropped, but as speed is equalized, that's not going to be a problem. I'm not saying it'll be easy for Roland, but I think he'd eventually get the better of Noah.

Kickboxertj said:
A couple things: first, Roland only has the axe and greatsword in shikai. If he's only using Sage Mode, it means he's got his Zanpakuto, but only in it's katana form.

Sixth sense is really just a limited precognition going by what it says. So this is likely just a stalemate, if not Noah taking slight advantage due to instinctive reaction. Also, don't forget that his "messing with your senses" thing would counter the enhanced stuff Roland's got.

Stalemate/Inconclusive is what I'm going with now.

Noah actually thrives in speed equalized matches, since conceptual manipulation means that even if speed is equalized, he'd still be able to lower it. Iirc the rules have also been changed so that even speed buffs/debuffs are allowed in vs matches now when speed's equalized.

Xmark12 said:
Noah actually thrives in speed equalized matches, since conceptual manipulation means that even if speed is equalized, he'd still be able to lower it. Iirc the rules have also been changed so that even speed buffs/debuffs are allowed in vs matches now when speed's equalized.
rip Roland

Going for Noah now. due to this + what I said above.

Roland still has a few tricks up his sleeve too from what I've seen, and pre-leaving army Noah is kind of like Jax from League of Legends, in which he won't try until his enemy seems to be pretty strong, or he'll limit himself for fun.

Roland's Sage Mode gives him a weird kind of precog. It's not explored too much in Naruto, but it basically alllows for an understanding of what's going on around you at all times. Madara was able to completely dominate several high level shinobi without even being able to see in his sage mode. Noah can't really mess with it because it isn't exactly a sense as much as it is a precognitive ability.

That speed lowering thing is going to be an issue... I'm still going with Roland just because he has more to his fighting style than speed, but damn... 50% is steep.

Does Noah have any counter to Shin Susenju? That's an attack from nearly all directions that spans an extremely wide radius and can take out threats like Noah in mere minutes. Granted, the speed won't be as great, but it's still one of Roland's best techniques and I wanted to see if Noah had anything for it.

Noah has forcefields that are exactly his durability, so he'll probably last against that attack.

Okay, that would be more of a general defense but I see what you mean. This is looking to be a pretty even fight so far. Great thinking putting these two head to head.

Back