• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The red death vs the strongest bacteria, Thrax vs bacteria (pleague inc)

Considering that Thrax cannot really duplicate, he'd be overwhelmed by the Bacteria quite quickly. This is on top of the Bacteria having resistance to other Diseases by default.

I mean...

Thrax has an AP advantage to an extent that isn't even funny, plus the disease resistance doesn't really stop you from being torn apart from someone much stronger (the resistances might help with the heat, though it can burn through hair.)

What size even is Thrax? Because either he uses disease-y things to attack, in which case the resistance would work or he's big enough to do physical damage to things, in which case sheer size would make it impossible for Thrax to effectively kill the bacteria.

Thrax's superior AP/Dura won't help him much when the Bacteria kills the host body and spreads long before Thrax can. This is fully evolved Bacteria, it'll just induce Total Organ Death under a day. Thrax has more trouble going from host to host, too.

Oh wait, this is an empty room. Huh. Reactive Evolution + Duplication on a level Thrax can't really deal with will wear him down eventually.

They only have enough food for 1 monnth, and we don't assume other people to be around by SBA

Gotcha, already editied my comment.

It also helps that the Bacteria is resistant to high tempretures, which is Thrax's only real way to attack past punching them.

Also,

"Whe conditions are favourable such as the right temperature and nutrients are available, some bacteria like Escherichia coli ca divide every 20 minutes. This means that in just 7 hours one bacterium cagenerate 2,097,152 bacteria."

This is taking place over a month and both have ample food.

For the record, this translates to 1,6779948910131909486664183336158*10^650 bacteria after a month

So yeah

Kaltias said:
For the record, this translates to 1,6779948910131909486664183336158*10^650 bacteria after a month

So yeah
That assumes the redeath doesn't destroy the food with its powers, decrease the amount of bacteria (thus decreasing the amount that can replicate) and just AOE's the place to hell. It's not big enough to destoy all of the food (as it would at least be as big as a human body I imagine), but it still decreases that drastically.

"They have enough food to survie for 1 month"

"empity room where they are locked in"

I mean, besides logical inconsistency (Empty room, enough food) the OP itself states that there is enough food for the bacteria to sustain itself. You also don't specify how big the room is.

Thrax would be long dead before it even gets to that point, by the way.

Well yeah, that's why bacteria don't swallow the planet irl.

Although if you give them enough food to hypothetically reach that, the room's size needs to be like, tier 3 via sheer size lol

Besides the room I mean, tough I'll edit it.

Thrax is a virus, I don't think those age, so it comes down to the bacteria's killing him, for which they would need a lot of numbers to pull off.

Kaltias said:
Well yeah, that's why bacteria don't swallow the planet irl.
Although if you give them enough food to hypothetically reach that, the room's size needs to be like, tier 3 via sheer size lol
Composite human can do it.

I mean, "having what he needs to survive" would mean he'd have to be inside of a human body. In which case The Bacteria kills it before Thrax and likely just outlives him at that rate.

Plus, didn't he kill multiple human, with his best taking three days?

He couldn't reproduce, but he still survived for longer.

Yeah, that quote is for Viruses outside of the human body. Which is where the OP says the battle takes place in. The longest he's been outside of the human body was like 5 minutes.

Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, "having what he needs to survive" would mean he'd have to be inside of a human body.
There are biological foods viruses can survive with that aren't living and breathing. As a virus, something with human DNA, like flesh, should do.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, "having what he needs to survive" would mean he'd have to be inside of a human body.
There are biological foods viruses can survive with that aren't living and breathing. As a virus, something with human DNA, like flesh, should do.
So, the battle takes place in living flesh.

The Bacteria induces necrosis, kills it, and kills thrax in turn.

Battles with Viruses and Bacteria don't just work outside the human body. They aren't tailored to live like that (although Bacteria are far more sucessful at it entirely depending on the type)

It doesn't need to be live, it needs to be not rotten.

And he never realy ate throughout the story as far as I remember

It kind of does. That's how viruses work, they need to infect and reproduce in living cells (or in Thrax's case, get sustenence from?)

That doesn't mean he can live independently of a human body, nor does that mean he doesn't need to eat. That's like saying X Character has immunity to hunger because he never ate on-screen in the series.

Really. There isn't a way to make this work outside of a human body without bending the laws of biology and changing the characters themselves.

Not trying to bend biology with plague inc, let alone thrax, is not gonna work.

The only thing viruses need alive cells is for reproduction, something thrax doesn't do.

Doesn't mean you can wish away how viruses and bacteria actually function on the flip of a coin. Give me evidence of stuff in the series, not blanket statements. And no, the absense of something is not evidence.

Like seriously, Thrax has to act like a virus in some aspects. He'd at least need a living host to survive like every other example of it in real life.

The issue is that Thrax, an unrealistic Virus, is fighting a somewhat realistic bacteria. Just make it a living human body, which is where nearly all of the fights in Osmosis Jones takes place, and avoid complication. Otherwise the battle isn't really realisitic to how Plague Inc. fights or Osmosis Fights function at all. It'd be like having Naruto and Luffy fight in deep space.

Its a series where the bacteric mafia wants money from the fungi on the feet, bacteria need to breath, . It's not exactly realistic in any way

The most he did while eating was take that a piece of DNA and put it in his necklace.

Yeah, I know. It isn't realistic. But we should assume anything other than how they function in real life for stuff that isn't shown in the series. Not Eating does not equate to Doesn't Need to Eat without statements or solid feats.

Again, the location of the battle is complicated and unecessary in the OP. We already know how both act in the human body, just have the battle there.

Who knew eating balls would be the one fact that changed the nature of this debate.

Pheonix Oh...

On a serious note though, please just change the setting to the Human Body. It's where 99% of Osmosis takes place in, and it's where the Bacteria breed and reproduce in Plague Inc, This isn't realistic to how they function and fight, and likely gives an unfair advantage to one or the other.

Example: How we have to debate Thrax's eating habits to decide a winner.

Back