• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The recent Undertale patch changed some characters' stats

My gosh, this is, uh, something. Papyrus is no longer comparable to Undyne, and Asgore & Toriel gets nerfed.

Greater Dog has 15 attack now. Finally stronger than Lesser Dog ovo, FINALLY THE NAMES ARE ACCURATE.

Yeah but Undyne has 50 attack, that's a looot, but now Undyne >> Everything I guess, we only needs Tsunderplane's stats now.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
So does anyone know Tsunderplane's attack stat, now? This is actually incredibly important to scaling.
I don't see Tsunderplane in there, maybe his/her stats didn't change?

If Tsunderplane's stats haven't changed... it looks like Undertale is, in general, due for a bit of a boost.

Although, what are Asgore and Toriel rated as now?

That would make no sense to have 8 attack Tsunderplane and everyone else being 02184124912 times higher, seems like that list didn't show everything, just some.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
That would make no sense to have 8 attack Tsunderplane and everyone else being 02184124912 times higher, seems like that list didn't show everything, just some.
I mean, Ice Cap and Snowdrake were only buffed slightly, and they were previously equal to Tsunderplane.

Yeah but still, seems like no one has 8 attack now, and the list only showed Snowdin's normal monsters (Except Temmie)

So who here's gonna be playing the game to find out Tsunderplane's stats if it isn't listed there?

After checking the Undertale wiki, it seems Snowdrake and others listed have been given their updated stats, whereas Tsunderplane is still listed at 8.

Assuming, if this is the case, most things would be "At least City level, likely higher" or "likely much higher" for characters such as Undyne.

Can't we directly Stat scale? Like Asgore being 10 times stronger (Due to having 80 attack to Tsunderplane's 8)

Saikou The Lewd King said:
True, but we still did Place Asgore as Mountain Level for Unknown reasons.
Due to being an absurdly great number stronger than a city level character, but stats still aren't linear, unfortunately. Makes things difficult.

I'd think it would be fine to keep the tiers as they are still. (for now) unless you really think it shoudl all be revised.

If Tsunderplane really is only 8 in attack, it should definitively be upgraded, otherwise I'd say we wait for confirmation on the stats (Has anybody the Update game?)

I reset Undertale so that my bro could play it. He hasn't fought Undyne yet and doesn't seem to be about to finish the game, even though he loves it. Maybe I should just reset again and tell him to get his own copy.

Back