• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The recent Undertale patch changed some characters' stats

What're Frisk's stats after Sans is killed? I know they stop mattering long before then, but they're still there. Does anyone know?

WarriorWare said:
What're Frisk's stats after Sans is killed? I know they stop mattering long before then, but they're still there. Does anyone know?
Just killed Sans, again. The stats of a post-Sans Genocide Frisk weilding the Real Knife and the Locket are 99/99, which is exactly the same as Undyne the Undying.

I don't know how can you kill Sans and says it like it's a casual thing to do.

Also, we may eventually be able to fight the AD. This would certainly be interesting, be it in a VS Debate sense or just in general.

Also, uh, Mad Dummy has "Yes" Defense stat now.

AD?

EDIT: Never mind. I wouldn't count on that, since Toby's got bigger fish to fry. Lotsa Kickstarter stuff, including a whole new flippin' game.

I don't see any holes that would get filled by fighitng the Annoying Dog. Meeting Gaster, perhaps, but that sounds more reserved for the game Toby confirmed at new years.

"Its very nature is shrouded in darkness," says Toby.

"Dark, darker yet darker," says Gaster.

Coincidence? I think not.

Yeah, I don't think the stats are linear. I'd say the best way to think of it is that they only divide by 1. UtU's stats are the same as LV20 Frisk's stats, with the best weapon and armor.

Don't want any of that mountain level Farmer with a Shotgun stuff going on.

Well, Undyne the Undying kind of seems like the exception when it comes to stats (Unless you want to also assume Mettaton is nearly three times as durable as her).

Well I mean, Flowey also has finite stats (Being at LV 9999) and Mettaton is just Mettaton. Also the Amalgamates also possesses 9999 defenses, and they are filled with determination.

Possibly yes, possibly no. They might, as defense only seems to stack upon natural defenses, unlike attack which determines if you can even attack or not.

For instance, Mettaton's >200 defense doesn't exactly mean he's more durable than UtU; it simply means he can take far more punishment than most monsters of his level.

Then again, this is only a possibility.

Well, there's also, like you said, UtU's stats being the same as Chara's when they wield the Real Knife, even though she got killed by Chara quite a bit before they got it.

Apparently the 255 Defense thing is a nerdy programming joke of some kind. That's Undertale for ya, everything provides either narrative or humor.

The Everlasting said:
Well, there's also, like you said, UtU's stats being the same as Chara's when they wield the Real Knife, even though she got killed by Chara quite a bit before they got it.
True, but unlike Chara, UtU is strictly raw power with little conceptual abilities. Chara could try the fight as many times as needed, and it's doubtful that they (sem-canonically because lol dubious canon) won on the first fight.

@WarriorWare

Yeah, that's like, the max defense you can have in some RPGs IIRC.

@Azathoth

My point was that stats say UtU is as powerful as Chara at their peak, even though she was beaten by Chara before that happened.

The Everlasting said:
@Azathoth

My point was that stats say UtU is as powerful as Chara at their peak, even though she was beaten by Chara before that happened.
Probably because she is as powerful/almost as powerful as peak Chara. However, Chara gets as many do-overs as they want, and they can learn everything UtU will do before she does it. So she can never truly win.

Back