• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Real World Discussion Thread

ESP is stated to require one of the primary physical senses to qualify.

"
  • Note - This is not to be confused with Extrasensory Perception, as this ability must involve the use of one of the standard five senses, or any other sensory organs, in order to qualify.
"

The Great White and platpus' extra senses have limits, and users of ESP should be able sense energies even when normal physical senses would fail (like cameras for example. Your visibility is enhanced by you can't detect matter signatures behind walls unlike ESP).

TL; DR. the Great White and platypus should have extra senses.
Yeah, but I’m talking about the 5 senses we usually think of when saying “regular senses.” I meant to prove the same thing: this ability qualifies for extra senses (Enhanced Senses), even though it’s not smell, sight, touch, taste, or hearing. Also, the profile looks gud 👍🏾

Need to double check if Extra Senses are considered an ability in VSBW (akin to, say, Spider-Man's Spider-Sense or Izuku's Danger Sense, the latter of which is inspired by the former, and both of which are inspired by the detection of vibrations in air and on spider webs by setae on spider legs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_anatomy#Appendages), of which some spiders also have setae that can be used as weapons to inflict urticaria/hives and irritation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticating_hair), which could be included in any spider pages regarding the vibration sensing and New World tarantulas and caterpillars and nettle plants in the Real World if not already included)

Yeah, but I’m talking about the 5 senses we usually think of when saying “regular senses.” I meant to prove the same thing: this ability qualifies for extra senses (Enhanced Senses), even though it’s not smell, sight, touch, taste, or hearing.
^ Sorry, did not include the reply on the previous message of mine, refer to my direct prior message in this thread regarding the reply to your message. ^

No problem 👍

Extra Senses is an type of ability in the Enhanced Senses page

Said page reads:

"Extra Senses: Some characters have completely new senses not possessed by humans, an example of this in real life is the ability of some animal species to sense magnetic fields. Other extra senses can include the ability to sense things in different dimensions, distortions in time and space, the thoughts of other beings, the future, the past, quantum activity, magical energies, forms of life energy like ki, computer data, etc.
  • Note - This is not to be confused with Extrasensory Perception, as this ability must involve the use of one of the standard five senses, or any other sensory organs, in order to qualify."

Last edited:
Thought I'd repost the suggestion from my other thread about modifying the page entry arrangements:
I'm not sure if it's necessary or useful, but just wondering whether armour (like bulletproof vests, bombsuits, spacesuits, etc) should be included (in which case the Weapons section should be renamed to Armour And Weapons), but even if that's not the case, I feel shields should be added since they've been both used as defensive blocking weapons and offensive parrying and ramming weapons (even if not the primary purpose regarding the latter) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_shield in modern times, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguni_shield and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutum in more historical times), and then there's dueling shields that have been around quite a while as well from Talhoffer and other manuals:

Ms.Thott.290.2%C2%BA_105r.jpg
images
efifllge01l51.png

Last edited:
We should probably somehow add transmissible spongiform encephalopathies/TSEs (prions) and other diseases like African trypanosomiasis (parasite), visceral leishmaniasis (parasite), etc that have 99-100% case fatality rate along with vectors and causes, Clostridium botulinum (bacteria, botulinum toxin/botulism disease), Yersinia pestis (bacteria, plague), and galaxy cluster mergers (natural events) to the Real World page

No problem 👍
Makes me wish
^ could you help me add the stuff I suggested in the previous message somehow? (not sure how they'd be tiered or described in VSBW format but worth a shot) (also not sure how to mention/notify people without replies welp)
Also:

"1) I personally do not mind slightly improving the organisation in our real world page, but it would have to be evaluated and handled by highly experienced members, preferably staff."

Ant agreed to allow us to change the format of the Real World page according to the proposal if necessary, provided we do it properly
Also, despite the 3rd point he made, I think we can add armour (or at least shields under Melee Weapons) to the Real World page.

On another note, anyone wanna share what timezones you all are in? (using replies (though cutting out most of the words) to notify peeps)
Bumping up because this thread is underrated
bumpbump. Anyone else wants to discuss stuff? Otherwise, I'll do it myself in the next one or more replies.
Very excited
LET'S GO
BUMP
yeet
This is a bit hilarious lel

On another note, anyone wanna share what timezones you all are in? (using replies (though cutting out most of the words) to notify peeps)

LET'S GO
BUMP
yeet
This is a bit hilarious lel
I mean, that's one way of contacting us lol.

To my knowledge, the research, profile making and logic-checking are the 3 steps to making a profile. You should try to find 1-2 people and divide labor equally to save time.

Btw. If anyone wants to provide more feats and info for these animals (on-site or not) vvv
Rules for being included in this list

Extant animals (38)​

Aquatic (12)
  • Cetaceans (3)
    • Blue Whale
    • Bottlenose Dolphin
    • Sperm Whale
  • Giant Squid
  • Phronima
  • Red Jamaican Crab
  • Fish (4)
  • Sponges
  • Starfish
Terrestrial (24)
Aquatic+Terrestrial Hybrid Lifestyle (2)

Extinct Animals​

(11)
Dodo (Most famous creature to become extinct in historical times)

Last edited:
I mean, sure, but any non-human creature, let alone Florida carpenter ants, practicing advanced medicine is wild.
Not necessarily advanced medicine by human standards perhaps, but capability to heal severe injuries indeed which is still impressive, and also I think quite a few species of ants are also capable of similar healing feats (essentially sealing wounds, even severed limbs, to allow injured fellow ants to continue to work and fight).

Btw. If anyone wants to provide more feats and info for these animals (on-site or not) vvv
Rules for being included in this list

Extant animals (38)​

Aquatic (12)
  • Cetaceans (3)
    • Blue Whale
    • Bottlenose Dolphin
    • Sperm Whale
  • Giant Squid
  • Phronima
  • Red Jamaican Crab
  • Fish (4)
  • Sponges
  • Starfish
Terrestrial (24)
Aquatic+Terrestrial Hybrid Lifestyle (2)

Extinct Animals​

(11)
Dodo (Most famous creature to become extinct in historical times)
I know Aurora's profile message wall area has a whole discussion on Orcas vs Sperm Whales and I posted my belief that bull sperm whales are stronger than orcas, but I still think orcas deserve a spot in this list (if they're not already added and well documented in terms of powers/stats) (particularly cause despite being much smaller than bull sperm whales, orcas can still kill both most predatory marine organisms and most prey marine organisms (I hesitate to say all since there's organisms with defenses tough enough to repel orcas, particularly poisonous and venomous ones), especially when orcas team up in pods, and they're considered a cosmopolitan species as well)
Speaking of cosmopolitan species, here's a clarification on what it means:
as well as examples:

We should also add the cape buffalo as well (again, if they're not added and well documented in terms of powers/stats already), since alongside the hippo, rhino and elephant the buffalo is one of the most dangerous African animals and they are in the Big 5 list:
(not that I endorse hunting at all, I hate that illegal poaching still happens, but if they're THAT dangerous even to armed humans, I'd say they deserve a spot)

As for dinosaurs, I know other extinct creatures deserve a spot as well, and I know quite a few are already inside, but I'd still like to make sure both dinosaurs and other extinct creatures receive the love they deserve so I'm sending articles for the largest, longest living and most numerous of either/both extinct and/or extant organisms (oddly there's no prehistoric largest plants, though probably cause at least a few plants or other photosynthetic organisms have survived since even the periods just after the birth of life, also not sure why largest prehistoric animals article is not embedding):

I mean, that's one way of contacting us lol.

To my knowledge, the research, profile making and logic-checking are the 3 steps to making a profile. You should try to find 1-2 people and divide labor equally to save time.
Also, just notifying that my time zone thread ^ is closed cause this one exists:

Back